main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm gonna be on Television - 18th July (Free tickets available)

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by spike_thmid, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

The attention seaking media whore that is Spike_Thmid has been selected to be on a new Channel4 gameshow called Win my Wage hosted by Nick Hancock - which will replace Deal or No Deal over the summer.

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

The format is still slightly unknown, but each round the contestant has to vote off the lowest wage earner for panel of 8 based on a limited amount of information given, until the final person, whose wage they win.

I did apply to be the contestant (had the audition) and was told we'll ring you if you are successful.

I had a phonecall last Thursday from the girl who interviewed me saying she was really sorry but I wasn't selected but they liked me sooo much (and who wouldn't :cool:) that they spoke to their bosses and they agreed to have me as a wage earner (with a chance of winning £3k). Not only that but they need to have a 'run through show' to iron out any cracks and have asked me to be part of that - so I get to be on the show twice (though the first one won't be aired but I could still win £1k)

The 'run through show' is on 21st June and by then I should know when they need me for the real show !!!

Sorry I didn't mention anything earlier but I didn't want to jinx anything ...

Win my Wage

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Ooh, Someone's after my crown as FF:UK TV Quiz champ ;)

Best of luck to ya. It's always a fun day out filming a quiz show. The only advice I'd offer is to make yourself very approachable to the other contestants. Do your best to get on with them cos you can make good friends, and it makes it harder for them to get rid of you :) Be yourself, don't try and have a gameplan.

And have fun!!!

3. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    Deal or no Deal's going away for the summer!?

Congratulations.

4. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    OH MY GOD spike t's bad enough when there's an ordinary camera, but a television camera :rolleyes: i'll be on you tube 10 seconds after airing
    well done mate, ther'll be no talking to you soon (do you have an agent???);)

5. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005

Cheers guys !!

you know me Nigel, I'm the height of modisty [face_liarliar] are you offering to be my agent ;)

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Congrats spike.

Anyone wanna make a FFUK: North T shirt for him to wear on one of his airings? ;)

7. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    You see Chris you do a Small part in a Film and then you get the Stardom Bug for wanting more Well done

With you on TV and Me in Films whats next ?

Lets get some Shirts printed and have listed what you have been on

Atonement
    Question Time
    Game Show

8. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Weakest Link
    Endurance UK
    100%
    19 Keys
    Eggheads
    Sky News :p
    And some old Lunchtime BBC2 show hosted by Howard Stapleford and Cheryl Baker [face_worried]

9. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    WOW how cool is that!!=D=

Well i know who will be getting the pints in this Summer ;)

10. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005

looks like I have a bit to go to beat Hal !!

I came across this by chance - how did/do you find this stuff out ??

11. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I think they were all newspaper adverts for auditions. I had an audition for Countdown as well but didn't get on. Really should try that one again.

There are websites you can sign up to which will email you details of new shows and the like

12. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Cool man - congrats and good luck!

See - how good winning this show is kinda depends on how much you earn! I can see it now...some part time postal worker on £5k a year in week 1...a part time nurse week two and so on...all the low band earners!

Got some IT Consultants in there!

13. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Hang on hal, you were on Richard and Judy as well.

14. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    [face_shhh]

15. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006

For me it's
    ITV News
    BBC News
    BBC Radio Cleveland
    Atonement
    Question Time
    Sky TV
    The Evening Gazette
    ITV North East Tonight News

I tend to use www.gumtree.com & www.starnow.com

16. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    But Hal, even with your long record (I saw ya on Eggheads hehe), Spike T can add "Star Wars Episodes 1-3" to his list of appearances :p

Well done dude, hope it goes well =D=

17. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    to be honest Dave I kinda discounted media stuff where I wasn't named or was just part of the background, you could of added this [image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/spike_thmid/SundaySun15-3-07.jpg] if you had got the earlier train ;)

My mission now is to beat the FF Gameshow God that is Hal [face_devil] you have been warned.......

18. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Well Your Already a Film star Tv thats your next big step to fame !

19. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Hey - that's a cool article guys, :)

20. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    Ok - quick update

So I went along for the 'run through show' the other week and it was awesome !!!!! We weren't allowed to talk to the other wage earners about our jobs - so no one could claim fix.

We had a practise game early on the afternoon where a member of the show stepped in as the 'contestant' and we played through a game - which I won (hurrah) but didn't win any money for it (boo)

Then it was onto the 'real' game - including a studio audience (scary) mainly OAPS - they must of been looking for Countdown :tired unfortunatley I didn't win that game (and the £1000) but the day was great fun and Nick Hancock (the host) was really friendly - I don't want to go too much into the show as I want it to be a surprise

So that was the other week - this evening I got a phonecall and they want me back to be on the REAL TO BE AIRED SHOW woohoo filming on 18th July (don't know when it'll be aired yet but be sure I'll tell EVERYONE)

21. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Great Fun Chris I bet there was a few remarks to the Obi wan look a like said ?

Wish had know We few could have sat in the the middle of the OAP's and screamed for you !!

22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Hmmm, methinks we have to find tickets for the 18th :p

23. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I'm in contact with the ticket department and hopefully I'll be able to get hold of 4 tickets to the recording. We're just waiting to see if it's the morning or afternoon. If I get them, it'll be first come first served for the spare seats :D

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    *has already yoinked one*

25. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Would you be so kind as to PM the person to contact for Tickets So we can all go and gloat at Chris and cheer him on !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.