main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Im having a vacation!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by The_Scream_Man, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    *sest down suitcases*

Howdy all. So Im chattin to Meri ia PM ("How you doin hun?") and she mentions I should come visit anytime. Now its beena lifelong dream of mine to visit New York. Id give my left pinky to visit New York! However most airlines dont accept anatomy, so I figured I'd just rock on over and visit this way!

As the nick says, Im known as The Scream Man across the web. Im 23, and was born n raised on the Nthn Beaches of Sydney Australia. Ive been a fulltime (Ie: I post alot) member of FFNSW (Fanforce New South Wales) for a couple of years now. Im engaged to a lovely woman named Linda, who I met on Fanforce :)

Now since its an incredibly odd experience to go to a Fanmeet and have someone yell out "Hey Scream!" in an effort to get my attention, i'd ask y'all to call me Craig. Very few people persist in calling me Scream, so feel free to just call me Craig as many do.

So ok! Here I am! Show me around folks, Im new to the the world of New York and FFNYC!

2. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
  3. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Um...what does that mean?

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey Craig!

Welcome to our corner of FanForce...LOL. Stick around for as long as you like! Hopefully you and Linda will get to visit us in person sometime :)

5. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    I'm sorry...Star Wars is still playing at the AMC at Times Square...It would be nice if a bunch of us can go and watch together Sat no? :)

...you can be with us in a purely spiritual way... :)
    -------------------
    ~~Taun We wants you to watcher her...
    Star Wars NYC: Visit the Big Apple Boards

6. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Hi Craig! My name is Dana. I'm 20 years old. I've lived on Long Island all of my life. I'm a new SW Fan. I've been a member of SWNYC since May (the opening of AOTC).
    I'm supposed to be a senior in college with a major in Elementary Education with a concentration in English, but I switched majors (Communications to Elementary ed.) and schools so now I'm only a second semester junior.
    I like moonlit walks on the beach, Pina Coladas, and walking in the rain. :p lol

OK, I can't believed I typed all that up about myself. lol

Edit: I don't think he's really in NYC Moe.

And I still don't know why I typed that all up. It's all very boring lol

7. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Moe: I shall be there in spirit indeed! In fact coz of the time difference, Ill probably be just getting up then :D

Dana: A felllow 23 yr old! Ah, a magical age we have indeed!

Ok, so it isnt really, but wasnt that poetic? ;)

aaaaanyway, I didnt mention what I do: I work in various roles at International Air Parts, a business that supplies....parts for aircraft! AND set pieces, including several for Star Wars. Before anyone asks, no I cant get any. All the stuff in there is BIGTIME expensive.

Thanx for the warm welcome kids! :D

8. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Whoops, I'm not 23. I made a nice typo. I'm only 20. Well turning 21 in December. lol

9. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Ive been here 10 minutes and you're already LYING to me??

But New Yorkers have a reputation of being so kind and polite!

10. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Craig. We love our fellow Star Wars fans to visit us in NYC. We had a great time with our friends from the UK. We call them honorary SWNYC members and we will welcome them back here with open arms.

Just over a year ago we were contacted by a SW fan from Germany. While he was visiting NYC some of us got a chance to meet him and have dinner with him and his wife.

Meeting fans from all over the world is by far one of the greatest things about Star Wars Fandom.

Just let us know when and we will plan a big welcome to NYC Dinner for you.

11. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Well, people have told me I look 23, but sadly I'm only 20. lol

Maybe I was subconsciously thinking 23 because that's how old I'll be when Episode 3 comes out. lol

And I'm not from The City, I'm from the suburbs where everyone is polite. :p

12. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    And I'm not from The City, I'm from the suburbs where everyone is polite

You live 2 miles from me and your saying the people are polite? PFFFT you dont get out much....lol

Hi Craig! My name is Samantha. Im 19 and a sophomore in college studying Meteorology and Journalism. (Technically im a second semester freshman but anyway..lol)

I live on Long Island. I go to school WAY out east on the island. Its nice out here. You definetely should come visit! We'd love to have you!

13. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Hi Craig!

We would surely love it if you came to NY to visit. AS MS said, meeting fans from all over the world is a great perk of SW fandom. I really hope you do make it here! We would love to show you the town!

14. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Scream, son! How's it going, dude? Long time, no hear! Good to see another member of the Fan Film Forum (and a fellow Aussie!) in here!

I'm one of the "honarary" members that the other guys were talking about. I'm also 23, but I was born in England, but raised in Hobart, and of course I've moved back since.

Man, I know what you are talking about. I also would give vital parts of my anatomy to go to America, and this year especially important as it is, made me want to line up with these fine (and equally insane) fellows. Trust me when I say this - Buy a ticket, pack a bag, cart your butt on a plane, and BLOODY WELL, GO! You won't regret it! New York is a fantastic city. There is so much to do, and these guys are great company! I had nothing but great times with these folks, and I'm already planning to go back next year.

Be like Nike; Just Do It!

EDIT: Don't you just hate typos? :p

15. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Happy Ninja Is the man. It was awesome having him in NYC. He needs to move here.

16. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Happy Ninja, you really need to get back in the New York groove. :)

17. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
  18. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    May 2003 = "How the Ninja got his groove back!" :D

Awwww, I feel loved! :p

I'm so excited now, I can't wait to get on that plane, and head off into the big blue yonder.

Craig, it's weird. For some bizarre reason, I've been to the United States 3 times now, totalling nearly a year spent there, and I can tell you now, every time I have been there, I have had nothing but good fortune. Nothing has ever gone wrong for me there; it's like America is a good luck charm for me.

Besides, where else in the world can you do this on a busy sidewalk...?

[image=http://www.petridish.net/pics/633/md-nyline05.jpg]

Ahhhh, that brings up memories - Usually ones where we were all either freezing cold, or drowning in sopping rain, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Thinking about it, I'm contemplating writing something about the expereiences shared doing time on the line. Perhaps for the NYClone again, or maybe just posting it here if it proves to be longer... Might do it in November, as a way for me to herald the 6 month mark, since I can't be there in person...

19. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Hey! Stop paying attention to Ninja and pay attention to me ;)

Guys, it aint that I dont WANT to come, the problem is that I cant afford it. At the moment Im frantically saving up to just afford to get married and go on a Honeymoon to Queensland (Kinda the Aussie equivilant of a trip to LA or Honolulu). But hey, Ill tell Lin that FFNYC wants us over there and is gonna shout us dinner! :D

We had a lovely lady by the nick of Maiden Lumpé who came to visit us from Texas. She was here studying for 6mths, andnow she's gone...well, we miss her a heck of a lot. It aint the same without her. And Ladyvader is supposed to be coming to visit from England soon, which I look forward too.

Fanforce is the best u guys, I have gotten a beautiful woman and some very close friends since i came onto FFNSW, and I look forward to many more joining us. It's cool to have a warm welcome over here:)

Incidentally, if u wanna contact me, I have trillian (Though not here at work) so u can chat tome on:
    MSN: itsfreedombaby@hotmail.com
    AIM: ScreamManOz

eep! Breaks over! Seeya at lunch!

20. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
  21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Ah! U know fair lady Carmen then

22. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Best of luck in your marriage!

Hey why not shoot for a 2005 vacation say sometime in May :)

23. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    I can try n talk her into that, but I dunno if it'll happen.

Still u never know! :D

So do u guys meet regularly?

24. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Yep! We meet once a month :) [shameless plug] check out the website at www.swnyc.com [/shameless plug] hehehe

25. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Going to www.swnyc.com is not a shameless plug! lol The www.swnyc.com website rocks. www.swnyc.com is all nice and pretty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.