Beyond I'm here to rescue you! ~ L/M ~ SJRS February Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Feb 18, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: I'm here to rescue you!
    Author: Hazel
    Genre: romance, challenge entry
    Characters: L/M
    Disclaimer: The Star Wars Universe does not belong to me (unfortunately). I just like to play with it.

Author's notes: This is my entry for the SJRS February Challenge. The task I got was fixing a ship.

This story takes place in my Misery loves company AU.

Thanks to Briannakin for the brainstorm and Jade_eyes for betaing. :* [:D]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm here to rescue you!

Set in: 15.5 ABY

Patience was definitely not Mara Jade's forte, but now she found herself being forced to wait patiently for whoever Karrde had sent to help her out. She had been waiting for three days already.

Stupid hyperdrive!

So there she was, stranded in mid-space, somewhere in the Anoat sector. At least her mishap had taken place after she had delivered her cargo.

While she waited, her mind drifted away to more pleasant reveries. How she wished she were somewhere else, preferably with Luke. They had been dating for five months now, and she had promised him that she would go out to Yavin and work on becoming a Jedi but it seemed like the galaxy had other plans for her near future.

Gods, she missed him so much more than she was comfortable admitting to anyone.

Flying through hyperspace, as fast as his X-wing would allow, Luke was eagerly awaiting reversal to realspace. For the twelfth time in the past two hours, he asked Artoo if it would be much longer. The astromech's reply was akin to that of a parent trying to appease an impatient child.

An easy grin appeared on his face while he anticipated arriving at his destination. It had been over a month ago that he had last been with Mara on Coruscant just before she departed on another series of runs for Karrde - the last ones before joining him at the Academy, she had promised at the time - and his heart and body ached with longing for her. So when Karrde had commed him, saying that she had busted her hyperdrive and was in need of assistance, Luke hadn't thought twice before jumping into his X-wing.

He had swung by Karrde's base to pick up the needed spare part and had plotted the course to Mara's designated coordinates.
    He could not wait to see her again.

Mara had just woken up when she sensed his familiar presence approaching. A minute later, her ship's comm station beep.

"Approaching X-Wing, this is Jade's Fire. Please relay your identification." She requested in a teasing tone.

"Jade's Fire, this is Jedi Academy X-Wing number 1-A requesting docking permit." Luke replied, playing along.

"X-wing, please state your business."

Sensing that Mara was up to continuing her little charade indefinitely and since he was actually very impatient, Luke decided to cut it short. "Come on Jade, let me in."

"Fine! Spoilsport." She retorted with a touch of mirth and proceeded to open her cargo hold.

A few minutes later, Luke emerged from his cramped cockpit and found Mara standing against the threshold in a very seductive pose.

"So, stranger, you have not properly identified yourself."

Smirking, he matched her tone. "Well, ma'am. I'm Luke Skywalker, and I'm here to rescue you."

"Really? And who told you I needed rescuing."

He approached her slowly. "I got a message from the Force."

"The Force, hey. So are you a Jedi?"

"I am a Master Jedi, ma'am. At your service." He picked up her hand and caressed it gently before planting a feathery kiss on her fingers.

"You know you're going to have to prove your identity to me. I won't just take your word for it."

"I can do that." Luke said, wrapping his right arm around her waist and bringing her closer to him and then capturing her lips in a sizzling kiss.

Far before they were willing to part, Artoo came up to the couple and chirped, demanding their attention.

"We really should go ahead and install the new hyperdrive," Mara said reluctantl
  2. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    I would definitely strip search that suspect. You can't be too careful.

Nicely done!
  3. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    Marvelous stuff! Perfect revamping of that classic line. =D= :cool:

Adored how they got - reacquainted [face_dancing] [face_mischief]

Big!! Hugs!!
  4. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh]

I hope they got sufficiently dirty while fixing the ship. You know, covered in oil and all. Nice viggie!
    Gemma likes this.
  5. kataja Force Ghost

star 4
    Lovely! And I definitely agree with Jedi_Lover and JediMara! In fact, doesn't this fic beg for a part II? [face_batting]
    Gemma likes this.
  6. LoriLynn Jedi Master

star 1
    I thoroughly agree! ;)
  7. Kinderriegel Force Ghost

star 1
    Aww, this was great. Thank you :)
  8. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    [face_laugh] Oh, the plot bunnies are taking over my brain!

Very nicely done. Perfect. I am always up for LM brainstorming.
  11. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    And Bri, I'm always up for betaing that kind of bunny [face_laugh] :D

Gemma likes this.
  12. pinkpearl89 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Adorable, that was so much fun 8-}

And I agree with the strip-searching idea. Definitely a necessity in this case =P~
  13. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, Mara might need to do a more thorough search just to make sure he is who he says he is... [face_mischief]

That Luke, always rescuing damsels in distress. LOL!! Poor Artoo, having to answer Luke's constant questions.

Fun fic for the challenge, gal!!
  14. CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Master

star 1
    Take good care to investigate that suspicious person. [face_mischief] You never know what they might be up to. LOVE IT![face_love]
  15. Gemma Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    This was a great little fic - but I had to finish it over at the ff.net -- thanks for having posted it over there. Yes, I agree with the others --- this is begging for a part II.:)@};-
    Hazel and Nyota's Heart like this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade