main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Im in need of some serious help(in more than 1 way)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Maniacal_Jedi, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maniacal_Jedi

Maniacal_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Premiere Question
    well here goes...
    OK so im done a project sound and everything,
    yet one thing puzzles me. How do I get my project complete?
    Like how do I make it to where I can just choose it in quicktime and watch it...*sigh*
    Well I Appreciate any help.

2. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Read the manual.

(or, heck, play around with the menus a bit--you'll find a lot!)

3. Maniacal_Jedi

Jul 28, 2002
    Thats the thing I lost it........I would but I cant....

4. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Look, dude, I found how to do it by opening the menus.

Try it. Play around with them.

You'll find what you're looking for, and even more!

(and please, guys, let's try not to turn this into a WAREZ debate... [face_plain] )

5. Maniacal_Jedi

Jul 28, 2002
    alright alright....thanks but no thanks.(sheesh)

6. Darth_Jerak

Darth_Jerak Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    go file > export timeline > movie

From there you press settings and you can choose the file format and all that Then just type in the name you want to save it under, and press okay.

Good luck...

And seriously EagleI, if you don't want this turning into a Warez debate, then why bring it up. It's easier to just tell him how to do it then constantly saying read the manual, obviously if he's coming here he doesn't have the manual, or doesn't understand it (trust me I've been in the position where I have no idea what the manual says).

7. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Darth_Jerak, I said to read the manual ONCE. Because it had to be said. I didn't keep repeating myself on that point.

Now, on to the more pertinant point. Have you ever heard the saying, 'If you give a man a fish, we will eat for a day, if you teach him how to fish he will eat for a lifetime'?

I didn't want to just tell this guy how to do it. What he needs to go is learn how to find out things on his own, so if he runs into ANOTHER problem, he won't come running to us again.

Or, which is worse, he might not have Net access where he's working, but needs to konw how to do a certain function! Now, if all his life people are going to be telling him, 'Do this, then that, then the other thing,' then how is he going to know what to do when he can't come to us?

Sure it's easier, but is it good for him over the long haul?

No. The thing to do is to tell him to A) read the manual or B) try and figure it out himself.

8. Maniacal_Jedi

Jul 28, 2002
    Hope your happy...It wouldnt let me activate the settings option *sigh* but I guess your right its just...ah forget it.

9. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    howabout this everyone: his question (however simple) was answered.

Cya
    Mike

10. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    Eagle...If everyone on the boards were like you...always saying, go read the manuel or do it yourself. then what good would the forums be?

The froums is a place to get help.

11. Maniacal_Jedi

Jul 28, 2002
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! But alas I figurd it out........:) I had to select all DOH!

12. Darth_Jerak

May 20, 2002
    EAGLEI,

I realize that you said read the manual ONCE, but whenever these kind of questions arise, there's always someone who says it, it's pointless, why bother?

I have heard the saying 'If you give a man a fish, we will eat for a day, if you teach him how to fish he will eat for a lifetime'? Sorry cliche biblical quotes just don't do it for me. But really, when you're just getting started, you need somebody to give you a little direction, just saying read the manual or go through the menus is pointless. Premiere is a complex program, I taught myself, but that took about a week, and I have a LOT of computer and animation experience, this guy just wants a little help, can't you afford him that?

Why shouldn't he come 'running to us again' should he have further problems? Isn't that the point of this forum, to assist one another in our fanfilm making eneavours. Why should it matter that his problems seem less significant or complex then your's or other's.

"Or, which is worse, he might not have Net access where he's working, but needs to konw how to do a certain function!"
    -That's a pretty far-reaching example. Don't just grasp at straws to try and prove your point.

"No. The thing to do is to tell him to A) read the manual or B) try and figure it out himself."
    -That's your opinion, personally I think you're just being a jerk. People on this forum have been kind enough to help me when I had questions, I feel obliged to do the same for others.

Anyway, hope you got it working Maniacal_Jedi, the method I described should have worked.

Feel free to inquire with us, should you have further problems.

-Kol.

P.S. I imagine this thread is going to be locked quite soon.

13. Maniacal_Jedi

Jul 28, 2002
    well before it does I want you to know your method work I just had to select the whole timeline before I did it.
    If you want to see the video my AIM is:JediFreakFoo if im not on tonight ill be on tommorrow(obviously)

14. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    "Sorry cliche biblical quotes just don't do it for me."

It doesnt matter where its from or how many times its said. Its still true for him. He was trying to teach him.

~Neszis~

15. Darth_Jerak

May 20, 2002
    "Its still true for him. He was trying to teach him."

I don't see how Eaglei was trying to teach him...It's like saying to kid who's trying to learn how to read "Here, just look at the books for a while, I'm sure you'll figure it out after awhile." You need to give someone direction, hints and examples, if you expect them to pick it up, that's what I did.

I don't see how telling somebody to read the manual (when they obviously don't have it) and look through the menus is "trying to teach him."

"It doesnt matter where its from or how many times its said."

-Actually, it does matter to me. I can't stand when people use Biblical references to prove their point.

Whatever, you're entitled to your opinion.

-Kol.

16. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    It's so much more fun when the heat isn't on ME !!! :D

17. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    Follow up ^^^^

It's so much more boring when it's the same things said a million times.

[face_plain]

A thread doesn't need to be locked to die... think about it.

Cya
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.