main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm just curious.

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by F16WarBird, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

You bitch and moan that this fan force is dying, but I don't see any effort made to change that, except from Julian.

Why don't we do everyone a favor and just delete this forum and kill our private boards.

I am not driving this FF anymore. When I passed the torch, maintaining a constant presence became someone/everyone else's role.

So? What's it going to be? Gonna keep crying that FAoP is dying or is everyone going to collectively grow a set of balls and start making things happen?

:mad:

2. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    True that!!

We just won an award guys for most improved FanForce, but we aren't doing well! I've tired to make the website look nice. I've tried to set up meetings and no one besides Sarah or Starladybug have posted anythin in there!

Like the summer is coming up, and I know your scheduals are clearing up. I posted a May/June/Social/meeting thread on April 8th, and I've gotten TWO responses. How hard is it to post whether your available or not? So ya, The Star Wars buisness is pretty dead right now, but we ALL have other interests.

Ya know just cause I'm in College doesnt mean I'm not busy, and I find time to make this group run, and so did Joe. Now I know I'm not him, and I'm not as funny as him, but I like to think that I can make a good time. We are a good group, but we have been just dead. So this month or def next lets frackking do something! Lets go have a good time and talk about whatever. There is a lot going on in the scifi world right now. We have X3 and Superman coming out! There's things to talk about and do. But by July if we are still Like this, I am going to declare this FanForce dead, and I don't care if this is public, people have the right to know.

Anyway, have a nice day!

3. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    here here Joe.

Kudos on the rant. It's about team participation.

~DG~

4. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Well put Joe

5. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    =D= for Joe & Julian.

6. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Well I'm sorry that I'm not around ever. It's the busiest time of the year for work and I barely have had a chance to do anything. I don't want us to die. Joe you have every right to be upset, and I don't blame you. I want us to get together and hang out and try and get things going. However, life is tough when everyone has their own commitments. We'll get things going again, I promise you. I will be more involved again, I'm sorry that I haven't been. I'm a bad leader and haven't been around much the past few months. My professional career is very demanding and takes up a big part of my time. But I will contribute damnit.

7. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Maybe you should step down if you can't fufill your duties.

I did.

8. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Well, all I can say is that I hope that the FAOP is still around this fall, since I'm eager to get involved once I move down... I know how slow times can be for a Fan Force, but if everyone does their part, things can usually pick up :)

9. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    I agree Joe! My busy schedule is now over, I'll definitely try to make meetings (my only issue is that I'm about 3 hours away and gas is uhm...ridiculous right now)Hehe I would have posted more, but the only things that have been on my mind lately were general school issues and opera...but I'll definitely post more now that school is out and opera is not quite as much on my mind.

Sarah

10. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    I'd like to chime in, even though I'm officially with the Reading FF..

I met up with you folks a while back & I would hate to see you guys bite the dust. I can honestly say that in the brief time we talked online & then met, you guys were super cool, especially toward my daughter, who I brought with me to the movie.

However I can understand the feeling of trying to keep a FF going as I am having that problem with the Reading FF. Any way I can help, I would gladly like to.

My life is busy X 10, but I would like to have a group of cool people like you folks who I can hang out with from time to time. Its an escape from the wife, kids, and real life..

I'll try to post as much as possible & if the Reading FF ends up 'biting it', you might see me over here fulltime..

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.