I'm kind of fuzzy on something here

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Just_A_Slacker, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The LMM thread below...

LMM posted his post, then locked the thread. Fine, cool.

Why did Carter unlock the thread just to tell it was locked and then lock it again? I mean it was already locked. Did we really need him to tell us it was locked?

See my post at the end of the thread.
  2. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Carter likes giving official word on stuff :p
    I dunno...Does it matter?

I wasn't exactly happy about noone being able to comment on LMMs post either but oh well life goes on....
  3. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    A sense of insecurity? A need to stamp his own authority on the thread? Who knows. At the end of the day, its turning into a right little fiasco :/
  4. Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I don;t even care about not being able to post in the thread. I'm just curious why he unlocked a locked thread simply to say it was being locked.

Just seems kind of redundant and foolish to me.
  5. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    When I was reading the thread when I woke up I was under the impression that LMM said he was gonna lock it but was slow to do so so carter did, but now I see what ya mean, I dont see the harm, but It's definitley unneccesary, I guess Carter had such the urge to get his thoughts in *shrug*
  6. Cetera Jedi Knight

star 2
    I imagine that there are more than a few of us who would like to respond to LMM's last post. However, I am being patient, and hopeful that the mod squad and staff will get things taken care of right. We'll get some more say later. Right now, I am waiting and seeing.
  7. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Welcome to the Jedi council. Home of redundancy and foolishness.
  8. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    Since LMM made his point and locked the thread shortly thereafter, many users wanted the thread to be reopened to respond. The point of my post was to say we were dealing with the situation and I didn't want it to turn into an all out flame war, which is why I relocked the thread.
  9. Cetera Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you think it would turn into an all out flame-war because of what LMM posted, doesn't that also kinda prove our point?
  10. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    Which is why I posted that the administration is dealing with situation.
  11. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LMM's post IMO kinda added to the fire with some of the 'im so good' talk but its not my issue to post judgement upon. Giving LMM a last word without giving anyone the chance to respond in any way wasnt that great either, but I dont care, I just want to know the Mod Squad is discussing it. :)
  12. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yet, we only have you saying it is being dealed with for all we know any threads in mod squad about LMM are being totaly ignored till it 'blows' over

LMM's long post in that thread pretty much sealed the fate that it wont 'blow' over.
  13. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    AA--I wouldn't be shocked if the words "wait till it 'blows' over" are in the thread :p
  14. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hmmm, 'The administration is dealing with the situation'. Isn't it about time things here stopped being conducted behind closed door? All that does is breed suspiscion and paranoia. At the end of the day, LMM broke the rules, I doubt any regular poster can disagree with that. However, he's one of your own, you can't deny that. I think maybe this matter should be open to the regular posters. This is a community. Your are dealing with one of your own. Does a fellow detective investigate a co worker in the police force? No... another deptment does. I think at the very least, the matter of LMM should be decided by the Advisory council, if not the regular population of the board. In the past, the only proper punishment (and I say proper with a pinch of salt, because I could have used the term witch hunt, but I won't) was the demotion of Preacherboy. How many more infractions must occur? This internat chaos will surely cause irrepairable damage to the Jedi Council, and it must be halted. However, this IS only my humble opinion.
  15. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    LMM's post IMO kinda added to the fire with some of the 'im so good' talk but its not my issue to post judgement upon. Giving LMM a last word without giving anyone the chance to respond in any way wasnt that
    great either, but I dont care, I just want to know the Mod Squad is discussing it. :)

Right, that's why I made the last post.

Yet, we only have you saying it is being dealed with for all we know any threads in mod squad about LMM are being totaly ignored till it 'blows' over

LMM's long post in that thread pretty much sealed the fate that it wont 'blow' over.

We will be discussing it. Some of the admins are more difficult to get ahold of on weekends so it will probably be a few days before anything is announced.
  16. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hope the AC is being consulted, seeing as how they are not mods and will probably have (no offense) better ideas than you guys on the issue.
  17. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We will be discussing it. Some of the admins are more difficult to get ahold of on weekends so it will probably be a few days before anything is announced.

Some things should be taken into case though, since LMM has broken the TOS demoting him and banning him till a soloution has been discussed would not be a bad thing, and save yourselves alot of trouble in comms on people wondering why no action is being taken, by taking even that little action people will see you listined to them and it wont be much of a issue anymore.
  18. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I your the admistration, and we are the regular posters, but this is a community. Hiding the matter will come to no good. I could hazard a guess at a poll regarding LMM banning or demotion. lets face it, his attitude has proved the fallibility of the administration. its time to own up, and deal with it in public. Is the Jedi Council a democracy or a dictatorship?
  19. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    B. Dictatorship...

To a degree... we don't vote on stuff. The Admins do and then tell us what their decision is and we do it. I guess having an AC helps though because they bring the regular users concerns to the table. But apparently there is alot of concern of how much the AC is actually used.
  20. Lord_Homer Jedi Master

star 4
    hmm, I read LMM's post, and I'm still confused. What exactly happened?
  21. BISMARCK Force Ghost

star 4
  22. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    Hmmm, 'The administration is dealing with the situation'. Isn't it about time things here stopped being conducted behind closed door?

Posters and admins alike had the opportunity to have that discussion in the thread here. Disciplinary action is an admin decision behind closed doors.

At the end of the day, LMM broke the rules, I doubt any regular poster can disagree with that. However, he's one of your own, you can't deny that.

Agreed.

I think maybe this matter should be open to the regular posters. This is a community. Your are dealing with one of your own. Does a fellow detective investigate a co worker in the police force?

The matter was open to regular posters in the thread I linked above. In the police force, there's a whole separate dept. called internal affairs that deals with police misconduct but they are all a part of the same police force.

I think at the very least, the matter of LMM should be decided by the Advisory council, if not the regular population of the board.

The regular population of the board? I hope you are kidding. Disciplinary action will be decided by the administration. That's how it's been decided in the past.

In the past, the only proper punishment (and I say proper with a pinch of salt, because I could have used the term witch hunt, but I won't) was the demotion of Preacherboy. How many more infractions must occur? This internat chaos will surely cause irrepairable damage to the Jedi Council, and it must be halted.

All I can say is the administration is dealing with the issue. I have nothing further to add.
  23. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He had a bad and intimidating additude in the TPM Banner thread and proceeded to spam his complaint thread (alot) among other things...
  24. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The matter was open to regular posters in the thread I linked above. In the police force, there's a whole separate dept. called internal affairs that deals with police misconduct but they are all a part of the same police force.

More or less what I said, is it not? And I'm sure its very rare that the IA departments officier knows the officier they are investigating.
  25. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Disciplinary action will be decided by the administration.

Bad idea. The desicion should be made by the mods and the AC together in the AC. And that dosent mean parallel threads in HQ and the AC. The AC should be included in everything if you want a fair ending to this. It's just my opinion but I think the AC will have a much more open mind about this.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.