I'm kind of fuzzy on something here

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Just_A_Slacker, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Cetera Jedi Knight

star 2
    The matter was open to regular posters in the thread I linked above.

The key word here is was. None of us here has had the opportunity to voice our concern over his last post. You can't pretend like we all got our fair say, because we didn't. The fact that he unlocked the thread to post his last post, and then had it locked again leaves us out of the process.

Currently we have been waiting to hear what the admins will do. But don't think that we are all satisfied with what has gone on here, and our input on it. Most of us are not.
  2. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    There is a separate admin leadership council that deals with disciplinary decisions among the admins/mods. That's how it was handled in the past, and that's how the LMM issue will be decided.
  3. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Who is on the leadership council?

(griffz: I would edit this in but seeing as how I'm replying to something said just above this, I'm not sure carter would see it If I added it to a diff. post and I wanted to make sure carter could see it)

EDIT--
    I assume your on the leadership council Carter... no offence, but aren't you a self professed friend of LMM?

exactly what I was thinking

4. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I assume your on the leadership council Carter... no offence, but aren't you a self professed friend of LMM?
  5. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    The Leadership Council consists of the admins only, not managers or mods.
  6. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    C'mon carter, its still dealing with your friend. This matter was made for the Advisory council. I'm sorry to coin a cliche... but who watche's the watchers?
  7. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6

I'm more curious as to who watches the disgruntled socks.

8. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    A rather clever burn, albiet, i'm not disgruntled. Attempting to turn my valid statements against me by disparaging my name will achieve nothing griffz. Unless of course you would like to point out my fallacy here.
  9. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    At the end of the day, LMM broke the rules, I doubt any regular poster can disagree with that. However, he's one of your own, you can't deny that.

Agreed.

Yet LMM can still post and has mod colours.. yet broke the rules.

Explain why this needs discussion please.
  10. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6

I would simply respect your opinions more if you weren't hiding behind a sock, that's all.

11. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    Indecent, correct on both accounts. You can all groan about this but I would reserve judgment until the decision is made. I did promote LMM but I am confident that a fair and equitable decision will be reached.
  12. Cetera Jedi Knight

star 2
    AlienAcid makes a good point. It doesn't seem like there is much to discuss. Why isn't more action being taken now?
  13. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Indecent, correct on both accounts. You can all groan about this but I would reserve judgment until the decision is made. I did promote LMM but I am confident that a fair and equitable decision will be reached.

He has broken the rules, you even agreed to that.

So why do you need to discuss? how exactly he will be banned and for how long? why does it need to wait?

14. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I decommissioned my old handle. So what you are saying is that because i'm a sock (and who is to say you'd know my previous identity anyway?) my opinion is worthless. FYI I have assumed this identity. And I believe my comments have all been of a valid nature... unless of course you can disprove them. Can you?
  15. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What AlienAcid said.

Oh and looking at the list of Administrators it appears most administrators have that placement because they are "staff". I'm thinking "staffers" will be inclined to vote in favor of their fellow "staffer".

EDIT--*****
  16. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    You guys need to read my posts.

Anyhow, I'll say it again. The admin leadership council will decide on LMM's issue. Some of the admins are more difficult to get ahold of on weekends so it will probably be a few days before anything is announced.

This is as clear as it can be.
  17. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well when it comes down to it, you back your buddies. Its a law of life. That is why this matter should not be in the hands of the accused buddies.
  18. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    I posted above, "You can all groan about this but I would reserve judgment until the decision is made."
  19. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You guys need to read my posts.

Anyhow, I'll say it again. The admin leadership council will decide on LMM's issue. Some of the admins are more difficult to get ahold of on weekends so it will probably be a few days before anything is announced.

This is as clear as it can be.

You dont get the point, there is nothing to decide, he broke the rules, ban him, problem solved, once his ban is up unban him!

what happens when people flame/spam? 24-48 hour ban.

yet you need a 'council' of people to decide this because he is a mod?

Want to make a council for all regular users too please so if we do something wrong it takes 3-4 days to get even close to resolved?

Dancing around the issue and avoiding it solves nothing.
  20. Cetera Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think a temporary ban in this case would be acceptable. Then the big admins could decide how long it is, and whether or not he'll remain a mod.
  21. Dan Chosen One

star 6
    Please tell me this: Why was he allowed to break the rules several times in a single thread and not be banned, while normal users who do the same (or less) get banned on the spot? I post FORCEBOAT, Red_Oktobur posts some idiotic picture a few times - we get banned, but LMM doesn't? He should have been demoted, banned immediately, and then discussion should take place on how, when, and under what status he is to return after the ban. This is a double-standard in every sense of the term.

Also, please tell me this: Why does a person who makes banners for a site need to be a moderator? I can see being on staff or being a VIP, but being a moderator for these reasons? It makes little sense to me.

And why are you going to let three people (or more, I'm not sure if Scott/Josh are in on the Leadership Council) make the decision? This is the sort of thing that needs to be discussed in the AC and decided by people that represent the regular members and by people that represent the administration and by people that represent the staff. How is this not logical?
  22. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    yet you need a 'council' of people to decide this because he is a mod?

Absolutely right. You can all complain about this, but that's how it is.
  23. Indecent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Maybe LMM posted bail?
  24. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sounds like you just want to avoid demoting and banning your friend Carter, nothing more, nothing less.
  25. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    edit--I'll take this to the next page
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.