main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm Leaving

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Jedi_Knight_Isadore, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Who is hiding?

2. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Marcy had said that she will be spending her time primarily on the other board. I'm assuming that was what Joan was talking about.

BUT, looking at it from a mediator's viewpoint, that was something of an inflamitory statement. Whether or not it was intended that way (I don't believe it was), the wording and tone was rather harsh. That's one point I can make here. Even if Joan didn't mean it that way, it sounded that way (as much as anything can SOUND any way in text). I can see how some people would be offended at that portion of the post.

My point being there's no way no insure people will not be offended or irked by what others say here. That's just life. Get over it. If you don't want to be irritated, then remove the source of the irritation. For some that means spending less time on these boards, or leaving all together. If that's what they want to do, than that's what they should do. It's not immature or irrational at all. It's actually very adult. In the famous words of Kenny Rogers... "You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em..."

3. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    :D Who knew Kenny Rogers was so wise? I didn't. Good point Catie.

4. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I'm with Dawn--I resent the "hiding" reference. I didn't post in the Jedism thread because I thought keeping my views out of the thread would be better for the individual who started it. I spend a lot of time on the "other" boards because the social commentary is a bit more brusque and not-so politically correct. It is frequented by those who are used to liberal doses of sarcasm, and who can take it as well as dish it out, if you know my meaning. I'm sure an individual could check it out, but it's definitely not for everyone, and it definitely doesn't try to be.

Jason

For the record, I think we've all spent FAR too much time and dialogue on this.

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "I am relieved you're using punctuation now, it makes your posts so much more understandable!"

lol, yeah I guess it does, I was just used to talking on AIM with my friends, but I have turned from my evil ways :)

Forcebewitya!

6. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Nice recovery, chief. I knew you had it in you! ;)

7. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I hope you weren't too put off by our request to use punctuation, Forcebewitya. Personally I'm a grammar Nazi, but I try not to force my beliefs on others. However, using some punctuation and separating words and capitalizing when proper make posts much easier to read. It's something of an headache to read poststhatjustruntogetherlikethis. See what I mean?

Glad to see you're a good sport about it, tho. :)

8. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah, I am, too. What Catie said. :)

9. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah it wasn't that big of a deal, I was over it the next day. This is my first and only forum that I go on so I really didn't know how people like to see messages. But now I do, and yes it does help to read. I have a friend who is refusing to use punctuation on the video game forum, and it is admitantly quite annoying. See thats why I think that people shouldn't get worked up about stuff that people say to them, the way I see it, if no one ever told me not to do that I still would have been doing it, and peoples anger would slowly build. But thats just me I take what I get and then get over it awfully fast.

Forcebewitya!

10. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    well.. as for me i thought the thread on jediism was very interesting. i was happy to hear what other people thought and be able to voice my oppinions. it was a good discussion. i personally feel no animosity towards anyone with a different view then mine. thanks for sharing. really i mean it. but as for devon leaving... i know she can get the way some times.. don't worry. she is very sensitive. but there are people in the world who won't care if she is sensative and will step all over her if she doesn't learn to deal with and understand that not everyone is going to agree with you. but i think the jediism thing was fun. if any one WANTS to discuss theology or politics let me know. i love a good discussion. thanks red**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.