main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC I'm looking a little paler than usual...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rani Veko, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Some of you may have noticed that I've lost the colour in my user name...as well, my usual title under my name is no longer there.

A new RSA has taken it upon herself to demote me as Chapter Rep, because of certain comments I made about her qualifications to be an RSA, as well as her behaviour, all of which I posted using a sockpuppet account.

This action was unwarranted, because I never made these comments as a CR, and therefore wasn't in breech of the CR Code of Conduct. Furthermore, she is not a Canadian RSA and our chapter is not under her jurisdiction.

I have PMed CrazyMike, who I expect will set this straight and re-promote me when he logs on in the morning and reads my message and the relevant threads to which I have referred him. I had hoped for an quicker resolution, but due to the time zone differences, he's likely gone to bed and won't be able to deal with this until morning.

I'm trying to look on the bright side...at least it was only my sockpuppet that was banned this time. :)

Cheers,

- Rani

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I don't know... I think that RSA was really pissed.

You should have seen the stuff she posted in the CR forum once she removed your access Veronica.

I think it might take at least a day before you see anything resolved.

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    The way I see it, whether you used a sock or not, you were still a VIP, and should have to abide by VIP rules. That being said, unless you flamed her, I don't think a demotion is warranted. If you just spoke out against her without breaking the rules, it should be OK. If you broke the rules, then that's a different story.

4. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, well, rules seem to be completely subjective, at least where a lot of mods are concerned. She claims I flamed her, and maybe I did, but certainly NOT as a CR. It's not like anyone knew that was my sock up until that point, anyway.

- Rani

5. jaimini

jaimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    CRs have to be held to higher standards, sock or not. You should have known better.

Flamer.

6. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    You are responsible for your actions, and just because the account you allegedly flamed with doesn't have colours doesn't mean you are immune from the responsibilities of a CR while using it. When you are using a sock, you represent yourself.

7. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Sure, that's like saying admins or mods who have anonymous socks actually behave like admins and mods while posting as their socks. It doesn't happen, and it's like saying CRs should be held to a higher standard than even the admins, which is totally absurd.

Besides, she didn't have the right to demote me. That should have been the Canadian RSAs and/or the GSAs call to make, not hers.

- Rani

8. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Sure, that's like saying admins or mods who have anonymous socks actually behave like admins and mods while posting as their socks. It doesn't happen

Their socks should be held to the same standards their regular name is.

That should have been the Canadian RSAs and/or the GSAs call to make, not hers.

Agreed.

9. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am sorry Rani but I tend to agree with Jaimini.
    I feel that you have had your chance to be
    a little more respectful to RSAs and
    you seem to not get the message.I think
    that it is time for a perminent chance.
    I am appointing Master Obi_Dan interim CR
    until an election can be held. If any one
    has any issues please feel free to email me.

10. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I am going to take a walk out on a limb here and call this an april 1st gag....

11. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Uh, Alakin, this all started happening in the mid-afternoon, March 31st... :(

AT-60, thank you, at least I know one person can see my point of view in this, that this is incredibly unfair, and that a CR can't be expected to be held to a higher standard than even the admins are willing to hold themselves...

CrazyMike, is there some reason you couldn't have said that to me in a PM, I have to be humiliated even further? And why the heck do you need to appoint another CR in the interim? You didn't bother for the 48 hours I was banned, so why now? Did Dan actually agreed to this? Has he even been asked?

- Rani

12. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Why do people have socks except to appear as someone whom they are not? If you appear as someone whom you are not in order to voice something that would be punished for had you had been your normal persona would that be right? We have to look at a lot of issues here.
    1. Can people impersonate others?
    2. Are they responsible for their actions as that persona?
    3. Can a person punish the persona or their official name?
    4. Can a CR, CA or whatever punish someone for this? In another Forum? Another Zone? Another country? All without debate?
    5. What are the responsibilities of a person in each level of administration?
    6. Can a person in a level of administration impeach an ELECTED representative of a club, CR, CA...etc by a vote of 1?

If 1, 2 and 3 are correct then what forum is there to debate what the difference is between free speech and an insult? Did Rani use a sock because other forums failed? Did the mayor of our town have to dress up as a peasant in order to voice an objection because the system failed? Do administrators have too much carte blanche and power?

Needless to say i and many others are not impressed with how these things are handled. If this is how forums are managed then this will be the first and last forum i ever visit because i am disgusted if this is the status quo.

It seems that there are not enough checks and balences for administrators of all levels and definitly not enough accsessable material on what people can and cannot do. What their recourses are if something goes wrong.

We are in a Republic of the Internet. If local or farflung officials can instigate "arrests" or trials without peers, the system has failed. Is Rani a fledgling member of the Coalition or Rebellion or amongst a Legion of people dissatisfied with the system?

We are past debate on this subject of imposing rules of one instead of rule of the many. Head administrators MUST post rules and regulations in the forums of the clubs. Rules on administrator conduct or at least a post to where they can be found MUST be provided. This will cut down on endless debate in a committe and solve the problem before it begins.

I despise this talk about failure of free speech and government for ALL on the Internet. It either is or isn't allowed and is adjucated fairly or unfairly. Republic or Empire. If a comment was made that was not liked, talk about it between the two people involved and a HIGHER member of the administration is REQUIRED. If it isn't allowed for administrators to be "rule of one" judges, then punish those who do after a JURY on what took place.

I haven't read the original posting so i cannot comment on the comments made by Rani but this certanly hasn't been done fairly and must be changed. It is up to CrazyMike and YoungJediNiagra to ENSURE the rules for fellow administrators are followed. This foregin administrator SHOULD have contacted you two and debate conducted on what had been done and what should be done, not "Intense Negotiations".

Nuff said. Start the debate with facts, not lightsabers.

Gesh

13. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Midday 31st here and sometime april 1st over in Oceania....the person who demoted you has a profile which read's "OK, OK, you got me. I'm an April Fools joke. Sue me"

If you weren't in on it, then I am sure you will be promoted again soon...if you were...well...sorry for calling your bluff.

And if this isn't all an april 1st prank...my opinion of these events will be posted later.

14. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Oh my! [face_shocked] This is definitely not something that one wants to greet them when they first login for the day. :( I?m not exactly sure what has transpired, but I think the only thing that we can do at the moment is trust that the OFH will straighten everything out.

Until that time, I think patience is definitely the order of the day. And although the mantle is heavy, I do accept the position that CrazyMike has bestowed upon me. :) Thus, if any of you Victory Base members have any questions or concerns, please don?t hesitate to send me a PM and I will forward them to our RSAs. ;)

15. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Well congratulations I guess.

Being the second most senior CR in Canada I think it should have gone to me frankly!

But Mike said something about timezone differences or some weak excuse like that so....

16. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Relax, people, it's obviously an April fools joke. I figured that out last night. Read the thread she got demoted over. A newbie with hardly a post to her name starts flaming Shara. Says she can do a better job than her. Shara asks the newbie, jaimini, to prove it, and she promotes jaimini without consulting with anyone else. She does not have that authority. Rani flames jaimini, and is demoted for it. I`m positive jaimini`s promotion is a joke. Shara`s sock. What I`m unsure about is whether or not Rani was in on it, or whether or not her demotion is part of the joke that is being played on her.

Remember, this all happened April 1st in Australia.

17. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Chris, if you can read what was said in the CR forum you wouldn't think so.

Its flame city in there right now.

Heck between that and the fact I was passed over again I'm ready to quit.

18. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    ?Well congratulations I guess?Being the second most senior CR in Canada I think it should have gone to me frankly!?

Hey, I?m just like squirrel trying to get a nut here. I didn?t ask for this position, I?m just doing my job. ;)

?Chris, if you can read what was said in the CR forum you wouldn't think so. Its flame city in there right now.?

Yes, finally, something that we can agree upon. :) And this is why I said patience is definitely the order of the day, as things are quite tenuous right now and the only thing that we can do is trust that the OFH will be able to render a just decision amidst all that is going on right now. ;)

19. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Can one of you at least PM me what they're saying on the CR board? Is this going to get settled soon, or what?

And Woofer, I don't know anything about you being passed over for anything, but you've already got one chapter, isn't that enough?

This whole thing is totally unfair, and if I've been demoted as the butt of someone's joke, there's going to be hell to pay. :mad: I at least deserve an explanation from one of the RSAs! :mad:

- Rani

20. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Heck between that and the fact I was passed over again I'm ready to quit.

Dan lives 90 km from Victoria. You live 3000 km from Victoria. Dan is the logical choice. He can travel there much easier if need be, and he is more familiar with the chapter and its members.

Read jaimini's bio. Her promotion is most definately a joke. We just have to wait and see about Rani's demotion.

21. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    > Being the second most senior CR in Canada I think it should have gone to me frankly!

What on earth does second place entitle you to anyway?!? You upstart new CR.

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm the cofounder of the London chapter, the biggest chapter between Sarnia and Brantford. Therefore, I would like to make a claim to the CR-ship of Victoria.

23. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Very funny. [face_plain]

- Rani

24. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    That was a little insensitive, don't you think AT60? [face_plain]

Indy

25. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Not at all. I was merely showing how rediculous John's claim to the title is. But I'm quite sure he's in on the joke.

Besides, Rani will be reinstated tomorrow. Just you watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.