main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

i'm making a jedi belt and have a question

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by AWB1989, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    i am following the directions on www.padawansguide.com to make a jedi belt and can't find a buckly anywhere, does anyone know where to find one??

2. HRH-Dior-Daala

HRH-Dior-Daala Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    you could visit the ladies' belt section for link belt and then cut the links for your belt
    i've seen ladies's belts with that link style
    ladies' costume jewelry is another good place to check

or craft stores sell thin sheets of tin that can be cut into that shape

or check hardware stores for pieces that are similar to the photo

3. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    I, and a few others, use the decorative "buckles" from shoes like loafers and dress-shoes. They are styled like a miniature bit for a horse bridle. Anyhow, you can usually find hordes of shoes like that at thrift stores for a couple of bucks...they look really good on Jedi belts...

--Kai

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    If doing an Anakin-like belt, there's a person at RPF selling the front buckle for US$9 without shippings. It's the real, shiny metal one he gotten in his country, not some resin pull or what so it'll be durable and functional. ;)

I'll be getting 2 sets ad the "screws"/rivets mid of this month too! :D

5. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Tandy leather or a tack store often have small chrome or brass buckles. If you have a leather store nearby you can get those buckles for a dollar or two.

6. Blue_Star

Blue_Star Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2002
    Maybe if you check out a fabric store. I'm in Oz, and I managed to pick up the right ones from my local Lincraft store. They were $3 Australian.

7. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Blue_Star, which buckle are you refering to? ?[face_plain] I saw some here that can be used for Anakin's Buckle but they are plastic.

Man! The Spotlight store in my country can be horrigable somethings! :( They lack lots of stuffs, prices quite high and customer service, even with the supervisors, is quite bad cause they are so enger to make a sale and don't know their products well enough!

8. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    To my mind, Anakin's buckly looks very much like one available at JoAnn's. I used it for my belt:

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=11597518103&n=811556772

9. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Shoe buckles! If you hunt for 'em at thrift stores you're likely to find something that can be unique to your own Jedi. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.