main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm making a new fanfilm...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AWB1989, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    I am working on my fanfilm now. As of right now, I am calling it Star Wars - Episode VII - The Age of the Sith. If there's any rules against using the episode vii thing in it or the words star wars in the title then let me know. i have almost finished the script and am making an offical website (i am starting it right now) for my first fanfilm and if i make more fanfilms it will be the site for my other fanfilms. i will try to put the script up there soon and when i finish the opening crawl i will try to put it as a .mov and upload it to my site. i will do that with any other footage too. for editing the movie how should i do the space stuff?? should i do it on a bluescreen or look into a 3d program and completely animate the space stuff?? if there are any updates on the movie then i will try to update my site and this thread . . .

2. unclepain

unclepain Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Better check out the Fan Film Tutorials and FAQ at the top of the board before JediTAC finds you. And just for the record- 3D CG-all the way.

Later- Jeremy

3. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    TAC is not a monster to newbies!

4. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Some people here take issue with naming your film "Episode"-anything. Lucas calls his movies by that because they are all part of a single continuing story that is broken up into parts. If all you have is a single movie with a self-containted story needing no other films to tell it, then its not an episode or a chapter. It's the whole thing, dig?

5. gameboyry

gameboyry Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, My film would be Episode -9 but that sounded wierd. :D Good Luck

6. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm making a new fanfilm...

Be kinda weird if you were making an old one... [face_plain]

A lot of people new to the game tend to put Episode VII in the title. Most of these films have never been made.

There's no "rule" against it (any more than any other fan film title), but it's HEAVILY looked down upon.

M. Scott

7. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    So would it be good if I just called it Star Wars - The Age of the Sith?? but there are sequels and people probably wouldn't realize that they are connected if I didn't have the episode thing in the front of it. when i post the script on the site for the movie people read it and give me suggestions either by replying to this thread or by e-mailing me at awb1989@aol.com. the address for the site is http://www21.brinkster.com/swsequels/index.html

if the page doesn't exist then it means you are visiting it too soon. i need to make the index page and then i will tell you when it is made and i will reply to this thread when i update the site

8. Fremen

Fremen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2001
    lol, Dorkman, I was thinking the same thing. But I don't go for cheap jokes like that. [face_plain] :p ;)

;)
    Kyle

9. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    On the website for my first fanfilm I have put up the index page and on it is the link to the age of the sith main page and i am working on putting the script online

10. unclepain

Mar 6, 2002
    AWB-

You might want to consider changing the name of your film- there are already several films with "..... of the Sith" in the title, including my own. I didn't really look into it before I chose the title and now wish I had changed it. There has been lots of commentary on the boards as of late about folks who had issues with film-makers using "of the" in the title. Bottom line though- if the title works for you and you don't really care what other folks think then go ahead and name it whatever you want.

Honestly, I think the title isn't nearly as important as the story itself anyways. Good Luck!

Later- Jeremy

11. Fremen

Fremen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2001
    I think "of the" or "of the sith" Is fine, whatever works for your movie, if people look at the title that much, and complain about it, then they shouldn't even be watching the movie.

;)
    Kyle

12. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    My advice would be to call it what you like, and make whatever you like. There are going to be people that don't like the name no matter what (The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones - both got a fair amount of stick, but George Lucas wasn't about to change either of them) If you like the name, complete with Episode nu,bers then name it that. It's your film.

To be honest, finishing the film is the thing you really need to sweat about, not so much what you call it, maybe three quarters of the way through a new name will suggest itself to you anyway.

13. unclepain

Mar 6, 2002
    What Daft and Freman both say is true, but my disappointment came when I had already posted my film and then found out later that several other films were named very similarly. No one actually said anything, but it bothered me because the title I came up with wasn't as original as I had initially thought. If I had known ahead of time that my title was close to the titles of several other films already posted online, I might have chosen something else. But again- if your title is the one you like the best and you don't have a problem with it being close to other titles then go for it!

14. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    I always thought the title of your film was an elaborate play of the 'Power of the Jedi' action figure range, especially since it starred your kids. I thought it was all fairly clever.

Seems like I read too much into that one then :p

15. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I will have the beginning of the script online tonight at the following URL:
    http://www21.brinkster.com/swsequels/ageofsithscript.html

none of it is up yet, but around 1 AM Eastern time, some of it should be up and maybe someone can help suggest possible titles and other suggestions towards the fanfilm

16. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    never mind, i probably won't have any of the script up for a few days, sorry about that if you were looking forward to it . . .

17. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    ok,...hey there

i would avoid having 'episode' in ur title...people look down upon that LOTS! and people wouldn't give your movie a chance...and you can still have a sequel..
    STar Wars; Age of the Sith 2 or have age of the sith at the bottom is small or something..but i would drop the episode thing...i makes it seem like ur movie is the OFFICIAL Episode VII...

many movies are set after EP VI, but it would be funny in GL decided to make the OFFICIAL episode vii...

18. MangoJett27

MangoJett27 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    I think you should drop the Episode VII part and make it Episode one, have your own beginning, that way you dont have as many boundries to the picky type people, such as, the ones who say you cant have an X-wing in a movie that is set before episode IV, so you can have Naboo star fighters and all that good stuff in your movie and not have to worry about how it falls into the Star Wars time line :)

(sorry bout any misspellings) :p

19. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    i'll get rid of the episode vii and good idea about the age of the sith small font thing or whatever. anyways the site i created for the age of the sith had too many people visiting and has small bandwidth because it is brinkster. do you know a free webhosting service that has good bandwidth??

20. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    anyone?

21. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I have a different question. Two different questions, actually. My first question is if you have a video file and you import it into a video program how do you make it slow motion?? My second question is if you import a video file into a video editing program how do you make it fast motion??

22. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    It depends what video editing programme you have. The proceedure is different for all of them. What are you using?

EDIT: I see from your other posts that you use Premeire. Highlight the clip you want to mess with, then go to CLIP > SPEED and type in a number. 200% will make it go twice as fast, 50% twice as slow etc.

23. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Can I do it with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, or Ulead VideoStudio?? If not, what programs can I do it with and how??

24. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Thanks.

25. Sketcher

Sketcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    back to the original question. what if you called it star wars: age of the sith episode I or II or whatever it is. kinda like what they did for the rebel assault games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.