main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm new and have a few questions about some SW stuff...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Ruleroftheblind, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruleroftheblind

Ruleroftheblind Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2005
    Hello, I'm Ruleroftheblind. On SWG I'm known as Corporal Zeraine Zelerond of the NIF. A couple of my friends told me about this place so I thought I'd check it out.

I've been dying to write a story about this Twi'lek character that I've had in my head for a year or so now. But there are some things I need to find out about before I can get it written. For starters, in The Courtship of Princess Leia, where is the Prince from, the Hapes Cluster? Is that what it's called? Also, where does the Black Sun come from? Like, where are they stationed or have their headquarters at?

Another thing is that I'm not fully sure what this whole place is all about. From my understanding it's a group of forums dedicated to FanFic stories, and I understand that if I were to post a story I would possibly get some constructive criticism and so on and so forth. I'm also looking for a master.

Thank you for your time,
    Corp. Z. Zelerond
    Master Marskman
    NIF

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Ruleroftheblind! :)

It seems the boards confused you a bit. But don't worry, you get familiar to it very soon, just take some time and look around. Or if you wish you can even get adopted at the adoption thread. There you can a person who shows you the boards and answers all the question you have or direct you to the best place to look for an answer. ;) :)

The boards are about everything you can think of. Of course mostly about SW. You can discuss SW in all details, there's a board for almost everything. Even if you don't want to talk about SW there's a place to go. Just take some minutes and go through all the boards that seem to be interesting for you. :)

Even if you like to meet other SW fans from your area, there's a place to look for: Your local FanForce. It is much fun. If you need help to find it, let us know. :)

And of course there are FanFiction. If you have questions about FanFic, I think another adoption by one of the people there would be a good idea. They can help you with FanFictions more than we can.
    But if you want to get help for the whole board, please, let me know. Maybe I can find one that loves FanFics like you do. That would be the best combination I think. :)

Ok, I guess that was a long welcome post and lots of information. ;)

I hope to see you around. :)

Enjoy your stay and good luck with your FanFic. [face_good_luck]

3. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I was going to come in here and see if I can help with some of your questions, but Skiara has already written a novel. :p

Welcome!

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm sorry. I go and edit everything out then... :p

And there are still some questions left open... ;) :p

5. Ruler_of_the_Jedi

Ruler_of_the_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

May 31, 2005
    Welcome! Your name is pretty similar to mine, so thats kinda cool!

6. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I thought it was you at first. I guess there's more the one Ruler around here.

:p

7. AgentKenobi

AgentKenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2005
    Welcome to the boards! :)

Have fun here and enjoy your stay!

:cool:

8. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    Welcome to the boards, Ruleroftheblind! :)

[i]For starters, in The Courtship of Princess Leia, where is the Prince from, the Hapes Cluster? Is that what it's called?[/i]

Yes, though as a political entity it would referred to as the "Hapes Consortium".

[i]Also, where does the Black Sun come from? Like, where are they stationed or have their headquarters at?[/i]

I don't know where they are originated from, but I'm pretty sure they're headquartered on Coruscant.

If you have anymore questions like these, the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Board.aspx?brd=10003][b]Lit[/b][/link] and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Board.aspx?brd=10194][b]EUC[/b][/link] forums would be good places to ask them. You should also check out the [link=http://theforce.net/swenc/][b]Completely Unofficial SW Encyclopedia[/b][/link]. [face_wink]

9. Ruleroftheblind

Ruleroftheblind Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2005
    :) Thanks guys, that really helps a lot. Thanks for all the info about the boards and about the more in-depth EU questions. And though there may be more than one ruler around here, we have our own domains. Ruler_of_the_Jedi has his domain, the force-wielding warriors and consultants that protect the galaxy, and I, Ruleroftheblind, have my domain, ...blind people. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.