main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi I'm new here and love Jar Jar Binks

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jay Binks, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Binks

Jay Binks Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2013
    Hi there,

I thought I'd introduce myself. I love Star Wars, and I'm so looking forward to the new films that are being made :)

It would be great to see some old characters in the new films, like Han Solo and Jabba. But there is one character that I'd love to see again more than any - Jar Jar Binks! He's so funny.

If you'd like to see him return too, then please visit my site http://www.jarjar.org.uk where you can sign an online petition, and leave comments about Jar Jar. I will send the petition to Disney Pictures at the end of summer, and I'm sure if we get enough people together Jar Jar will be seen again :)

Thanks

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Jar Jar huh? I guess there is accounting for taste! :p Welcome to the boards, if you need anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask ;)

darthbernael and Jay Binks like this.
  3. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the forums Jay Binks! Nice to see a love for Jar-Jar, he always gets flack.

Granted I'm not a huge fan myself, but each to their own, and that's what makes this a great place to share opinons and views, so you're going to fit right in! :D

Enjoy your time here and just shout if you want any direction!

[​IMG]

4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Ya-hoo, welcome toda forums, isa very very nice to has yousa here!

5. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the boards!

I like Jar Jar as well, I know there are a few other fans around here somewhere....You're definitely welcome here no matter what! :D

I see you've found your way around so far, so as Adalia-Durron said, just ask questions if you need to. We're here to help.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your favourite film? :)

Good luck and have fun!

darthbernael and Jay Binks like this.
  6. Jay Binks

Jay Binks Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2013
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you for being so welcoming - this is a very friendly site :)

In answer to your post Admiral Volshe, my favourite film is either Attack of the Clones or Empire Strikes Back. Probably Empire Strikes Back, but my favourite place in the galaxy is Coruscant, so I loved the beginning of Clones. It's hard to decide though. What about you?

7. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Attack of the Clones is great, and Coruscant is beautiful, so modern and full of energy.
    I love all of them (I'm indecisive about most things :p), but my absolute favourite is Empire Strikes Back as well. :)

darthbernael likes this.
  8. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Welcome, Jay Binks! Hope you enjoy the boards! And though you will probably run into a fair number of anti-Jar Jar comments along the way (as I'm sure you already know if you've done any previous lurking around these forums), try not to let it bother you--feel free to fly your Jar Jar flag proudly:) I noticed when looking through the old board archives recently that there even used to be a Jar Jar "fan club" thread here (some years ago)...maybe some of those folks are still around or you can start a new version of the club yourself and see if you can recruit some new members!

darthbernael likes this.
  9. Hurricanejedi

Hurricanejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2013
    I guess we can forgive your trespasses of being a jar jar fan. I cant really talk. He is the only character i can do an impersonation of. Betcha Betcha.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Jay Binks: Failte Nua Duine! Yousa is welcommin!

darthbernael likes this.
  11. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    Jay Binks You mentioned that people are nice here. Its because Star Wars fans are not *****. Star Wars teaches you not to be a ****.

MODified... I have altered this post. Pray I don't alter it further.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    And our Rules of the JC/Banned Words List teaches us what words to not throw around in our forums.

13. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    Wow, it is an apt way of explaining how not to behave. Seems a little draconian to edit my post etc.

darthbernael likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    "Welcome to the boards" to Jay Binks & yourself if you have not been properly introduced to our Terms of Service, then...

darthbernael likes this.
  15. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    Ok ill stick to ass or crap haha. Love the caesar quote btw.

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC! Can't say I'm a big Jar Jar fan, but to each his own :p

darthbernael likes this.
  17. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Welcome to the forums! I like Jar Jar, he's not one of my favourite characters, but I definitely don't hate him.

I hope you enjoy it here! :)

darthbernael likes this.
  18. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    First of all hello and welcome...secondly I totally agree with you, Jar Jar Binks is hilarious. I really wish you the best in your "quest" to get Jar Jar to be seen again in the future. I never understood the disposition toward hating/disliking him-or Ewoks for that matter-but...to each their own...and to you good luck on Mission: Jar Jar... ;)

(Bam...)

You just gave little children nightmares...

I implore you...if it starts with the pummeling of "One Jar Jar The Binks", where will this atrocity be taken next...Care Bears? Sesame Street? Let me put it this way this picture would not "tickle" Elmo...

You just think about that....:D

19. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    But what you don't see after this snapshot was taken, Jar-Jar pulling this clone down by wrapping himself around his legs as he runs past, and beating him to Gungan poodoo with the Clone's own backpack.

Jar-Jar wins! :p

darthbernael likes this.
  20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  21. Asajj_Kenobi

Asajj_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    That sounds like an introduction given at a 12-step program meeting. "Hello, my name is Jay Binks and I am a Jar Jar-holic.":p

Welcome to the boards.

darthbernael likes this.
  22. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Welcome! I can't say that I'm a fan of Jar Jar, but if he hadn't gave Palpatine his powers, the original trilogy would have not happened, so I guess I owe him something for that.

darthbernael likes this.
  23. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Welcome to the forums! I am afraid you might have a hard time finding many other Jar-Jar fans.

darthbernael likes this.
  24. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    Ciao! Welcome!

darthbernael likes this.
  25. Lowly Gungan

Lowly Gungan Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 11, 2022
    Good to see another Jar Jar fan. I would love to see his return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.