main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq I'm new here.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jedibb123, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibb123

jedibb123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    Hello everyone. I'm a Star Wars fan in Rio Rancho. It would be nice to interact with other fans and i was wondering what goes on at the meetings.

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Welcome jedibb123!

I'm Brotherhalo, with no official title. We just had a meeting this past Sunday at Barnes & Noble there on the west side. It was only my second meeting (though I've been a member of the boards since May) because I'm a notorious slacker.

Our topics range the gamut of what's going on. This past weekend, for example, we discussed our upcoming costume contest, what colors we'd like to decorate our boards with, an upcoming Game night (which LadyNaberrie should be announcing soon, right?), a few collecting tidbits, and Wook killing Princess Leia. We also bs about other non-related Star Wars topics like LadyNaberrie's unhealthy attraction to Hayden Christensen (you know I'm just teasing you LadyNaberrie!).

The group is also into costuming in general, the RPG, and well, anything anyone comes up with. Most of us are avid readers, some of us are into collecting (and playing, not just locking up your toys in a blacked-out bin, though some of us do that, too), and we are also trying to get a fanfilm off the ground.

So feel free to jump in and raise a ruckus.

3. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    welcome! and thank you brotherhalo.

basically Halo put it right just jump right in and have fun... if you have any specific quesitons please feel free to PM me, just so you know I am the co-city rep for Mos Alba and SithLordAaron is the other co-city rep.

glad you found us!

4. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I just have one small question...are you a teenager? :p
    If not, do you know any teenagers who are Star Wars fans? :p hehe

I couldn't help it I just had to ask!!!!!

5. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome jedibb123...My name is Jess and i have taken BrotherHalo's place as the slacker! I have missed the past 2 meetings due to a very busy schedule...sorry guys! But we have a great group with great people. My interests as Star Wars goes are action figure collecting for the most part...but since I have gotten involved in the group I have gotten interested in some of the Star Wars novels and other aspects of collecting! If you have any questions post a message...or drop a private message...

Once again...WELCOME!

-Jess

6. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    We're all extremely nice people :)
    Okay so I may be a little annoying at times, you'll have to excuse me for I am only a teenager :)

And Welcome to the group!!!!!!!!!

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I know this probably doesn't belong here, but, LadyNaberrie, you aren't annoying (IMO). We all loves ya!

8. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Welcome jedibb123!
    I'm Skyra, the oldest member of the group,but I'm not going to tell you how old.<ggg> Welcome and hope you can make it to one of our meetings. We are having a costuming workshop this weekend if you're interested. See the thread for all the info.

9. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    and a halloween dinner next friday-on halloween shockingly...

i do hope you will join us or even be a poster on the board.

i can tell you one thing for sure we area group that likes to for some reason talk... and laff...

10. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome jedibb123!

Always glad to have new faces around here. If you're interested in what our meetings are "typically" like, the minutes from our last meeting were posted in the "3rd Sunday of the Month" thread. We also have a MosAlba website, which is unfortunately down at the moment, but has some cool stuff as well.

PS. Brother Halo - thanks again for reminding me about killing Princess Leia. Now I'm sad. :(

11. DarkHaven_X

DarkHaven_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    Hi all my names jeff maby youll all can help me im new to the baurds and also plan to move to your area probly albuquerque due to i can get a starter job there with earth link. what can yall tell me about the area?

thanks jeff

12. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    wait a sec-wook killed princess leia! i missed this one!

the area-bunch of different things but i am still a newbie here

13. DarkHaven_X

Sep 18, 2003
    Looks like Me my wife and dughter are moving that way in feb or march.

14. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Where are you moving from DarthHaven?

I'm a native, so I not having lived anywhere else (except Connecticut briefly) I'd say it's the best place I've ever lived! :p

Seriously, the weather's great. The food is awesome if you like the hot stuff...there's a lot to do if you are into the outdoors.

Keep us posted if you do move here though!

15. DarkHaven_X

Sep 18, 2003
    Moveing from buffalo ny. should be fun i live in 29 palms ca for a year and had a blast. ill be the happyest if i get a good job.

16. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome in advance! There are plenty of jobs here...so you should have no problem finding one! I just moved here a year ago and my wife and I just love it! Are you a Marine out there in 29 Palms? We look forward to meeting you when you get here!

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    NM is great... moved here in May of last year my self and this is the fastest I ever starting liking a place...

please feel free to post on the board and get to know us and all

18. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    whoo!! more new people!!!!!!!!!! Okay then there's like no Star Wars fans my age around here huh? :( I try and try but alas no one comes.

19. DarkHaven_X

Sep 18, 2003
    Sorry LadyNaberrie give my duaghter 14 years but then youll still be diferant ages. Hey look at things this way the age in one mans eyes when they are 16 is the same as when they are 70 and only want to goof around.

Im working hard to get a starter job at client logic there aka earth link tech support. but looking for better too.

Yes i was a marine but I asure you that that part of me is over. In other words my wife tought me how not to be an a hole. lol

Thanks for the warm welcome and ill post along with you guys till im ready to move.

jeff

20. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Wives are good for that....teaching us to be civilized....Augh augh augh!!! (my best Tim Allen impression!)

21. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    hate to say this but are men ever civilizaed? learned long time ago-we women get repreeves from time to time but the true man does come out quite often-but as the southpark ladies say, 'I love my man sweaty and dirty...'

Awesome! I am glad you are gonna join us with posting...

22. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    we have a fun fan force! I hope we don't scare you! We had a guy come to one of our meetings and we scared him away I think..poor Michael he left us and never talked...oh well maybe we weren't his type of people

23. DarkHaven_X

Sep 18, 2003
    lol now im worried

24. jedibb123

jedibb123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    Wow. Lots of replies. Thanks for the welcome. Sounds like fun. I will try to start attending the events. (Sorry LadyNaberrie, I'm not a teenager. But, I do act like one sometimes. LOL)

25. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    i think that is pretty much everyone in the group!

well we would love ot have you at some of the events

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.