main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm new here...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by maidenrocks, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maidenrocks

maidenrocks Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2004
    There's probably already a thread that mentions this, but I'm having some troubles with the lightsaber rotoscoping method for premiere/photoshop. I'm pretty new to both programs, and managed to do everything on the tutorial, but when I go to save it as a filmstrip file, it's not one of the available formats to save it as.

2. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    Hey Maiden. Welcome to the boards. You're probably the first new user this week *NOT* to be a serial troll. Congratulations!

Someone much more talented than me will be helping you shortly, keep an eye out.

-Chris

3. JediMattster1

JediMattster1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2004
    What's up maiden welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy it here. Anyways, I use after effects for my saber rotoscope so I wouldn't know to much... but there ae many others who can help on the subject. (And yes, as Chris said, it's a good thing you aren't a serial troll)...

4. Only-One-Tea-Cozy

Only-One-Tea-Cozy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Goto export movie, and change the format to filmstrip.

5. Aliensfilm

Aliensfilm Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2000
    Welcome!
    I havn't used the Photoshop method in about 4 years. (I use After Effects now) I had the same problem using the photoshop method. If you simply save it while your working on it, it will save it as a photoshop file & not a not filmstrip file. You need to "Save As Filmstrip" every darn time!! :mad:
    The way I got out of it without redoing the whole darn thing was:
    I copied the finished file, reopend the original filmstrip file, then pasted the finished one onto the filmstrip file then when you select "save as" fimstrip is an option.
    My recomendation.. If you can get After Effects it's much better & doesn't take up as much time as the Photoshop method... That's why I havn't used the photoshop method in 4 years. :)

6. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    nice to see a newb with good intentions :) :D welcome :)

7. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    welcome to the Fanfilm forum maiden! its always nice to see new, aspiring filmmakers here! when doing any rotoscoping, i usually use After Effects, so thats usually what program i tend to recommend. if you dont have access to that software, im sure there a number of folks around here that can help you out with that problem!

you could always google Priemere/Photoshop and see if any more tutorials come up. google tends to be the best way for me to find anything i need for the creative process and most folks here usually pass on the Google advice to all us newbs...

once again, welcome, and i look forward to seeing your work!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.