main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm new to the EU ...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by opiebreak, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opiebreak

opiebreak Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2005
    I don't really have time to read alot of novels and whatnot so I figured I'd just ask something.

In the EU are the Jedi finally learning from there mistakes made by the PT Jedi? Can we look at the NJO and be proud?

What excactly is the NJO like?

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    well....I liked it. A lot of people moan about the Force problems, but the Jedi do us proud in Star by Star, two years into the war, ten or so books in...

I would advise reading it.

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    What excactly is the NJO like?

I would have to say that the NJO is like . . . a train.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Jokes aside...

I think a lot of the faults of the old Jedi Order were corrected in Luke's new order- the Jedi don't distance themselves from love and embrace the better emotions. They don't distance themselves from society as much (though the academy was in seclusion on Yavin IV) and aren't serving directly/restricted as part of the judical aspect of the government, though the reformed Jedi Council integrates non-Jedi members of the government for better balance when they are needed in such a manner. In general, less monk-like, more normal-person-like.

5. Silky

Silky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    But they have not learned all the lessons as they still do not have clear seperation of powers as the Jedi council has political appointees which will influence the direction of the order infact they make up half of the council.
    So expect some corruption once again creeping in post NJO novels.

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    [face_laugh] ! I had forgotten about the "train."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.