main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I'm Not Blind

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by solobratz, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solobratz

solobratz Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Just a little something that popped out over my holiday. The Miraluka species has always intrigued me, so I thought I'd write about what it's like to be one. I may or may not write more about this OC and his friends, depending on the reception. Anyway, on with the fic!

I?m not blind.

Sure, my eyes are completely blank, devoid of iris and pupil. But, that doesn?t matter. I cover them with a headband, so they won?t upset people. Most of the time, I ignore them. They?re just two orbs of flesh in my head that have no purpose, other than to signify that I?m mostly human. I?ve never wished I had eyes that could see. I?m proud to be who I am: a Miraluka. I feel camaraderie with others that I meet. They know that I?m not blind. And neither are they.

My eyes are the Force, the same as every one of my species. But, I?m also different. The Force is my ears, hands, and tongue, as well. I?m speaking metaphorically, of course. I have these other senses, but they take a backseat to the Force.

I guess what I?m trying to say is: most Miraluka see with the Force, and that?s all. We can see shapes, and colours, but no details. I, on the other hand, can feel the Force in the air. It speaks to me; it guides my mind and body. With it as my ally, I can do wonderful things. I can lift objects into the air, I can leap twenty feet straight up, I can feel a person?s feelings, and a person?s presence.

I?m still learning, though. When I was eleven, a Jedi Master came to my house, and told my parents about Luke Skywalker?s Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. He said that, if my parents allowed it, I could go there, to learn about the Force. My parents agreed, and soon I was on the next shuttle to Yavin. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I made friends, I learned, not just about the Force, but about discipline, diplomacy, and self-control and respect.

Now, five years later, I?m still a learner. Someday, I?ll be knight, and maybe a master. But, for now, I?m happy being what I am. I find out new things everyday, like what the Force can do, and what I can do. I?ve only been taught by Luke Skywalker himself a few times, though. He?s too busy with the famous kids and their friends. You know, Jacen and Jaina Solo and their group. I admit, I?m a little jealous. No, not jealous. Jealousy breeds anger and contempt. I sometimes wish I could be taught by Skywalker, like them. I don?t resent them for it, though.

Kyle Katarn usually teaches my friends and me. He?s a wonderful mentor. He really pushes us to do the very best we can, and to never give up. He might be a little intense at times, and be more inclined to the physical side of the Force, but I guess that comes with being the Jedi Battlemaster. I?ve learned so much from him, about the Force and about life.

I love the space, as well. I feel so much in those temples, through the Force. I feel the remnants of something dark, and the hope that overpowers it. It's a hope that I new age will dawn: an age of peace, justice, and the Jedi. I also love the physical aspects of the Massasi temples. The way the cool stone feels underneath my bare feet. How the wind blows through the buildings, and provides relief from the hot, jungle, air. How peaceful I feel when I meditate on the roof of the main temple.

My friends are one of the best parts of the Academy. First of all, there?s Valayrie. She?s amazing. Always smiling, always caring, and always just being Valayrie. I suppose, you could say that I like her as more than a friend. I can?t see what she looks like, but I know she?s beautiful. When I?m around her, her Force presence makes me feel warm, relaxed, and complete. She soothes me when I?m worried, and cheers me up when I?m down.

Then there?s Tomo. He?s a Werbol. Short, four-armed, and grumpy is pretty much the book on him. Not angry, mind you, just cranky. He?s absolutely obsessed with mechanics and machines. He doesn?t take dung from anybody, and he?s fiercely loyal to his friends. As you?ve probably guessed, he has some trouble with ?there is no emotion, there is peace?. B

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I really enjoyed reading this. I could actually picture everything you described and it sounded really wonderful.

And it's absolutely true: you don't need eyes to feel the world around you.

Great job! I'd love to read more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.