main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East I'm not sure if you can really call Ft. Lauderdale,Fl TheSouth

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by AxtonTredway, Sep 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale (as most of South Florida)is really an annexed wormhole site of New York! I am a Florida native, but when I tell people that I am I get a response similar to ....you ain't from around here,are ya? We love Miami, here. It's so close to the United States!

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    The South Region used to have (in the UBB days) all the Texas forums (now Southwest Region) and Virginia (now Northeast). I'd have about a half-dozen more chapters to watch after if that was the case.

3. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    I live in x treme south ga. and I tell people that if I lived anyfarther south I'd be in the north (fla) My theory on fla is that God decided that there was too much land around new york so he broke it off and stuck it under Ga. to catch Hurricanes. Thats why there are so many Dang yankees there. Axton check out ym tips for traveling in the South

4. Tammy-Wan

Tammy-Wan Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2001
    I'm originally from Orlando, and the saying is that florida is 'the only place you have to drive north to get to the South.' Florida still has a lot of 'Southern' influence (they know what sweet tea and grits are), but due to the influx of Yankees, it's become more mixed... which could be a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.