main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm Planning on doing an Audio Drama...

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by ThePaladin, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Hi, I've been working in the fanfilms area for a while, and realized I have a semi decent voice. I've got an Idea for an audio drama, and I was wondering what I'd need to get started, what the recommended resources are, etc.

I currently have a Descent sound recording setup, but what do I need for software? I have adobe premiere, but I don't know if it has enough capabilities.

Are there any sites that have free sounds? I.E. footsteps, doors, steam locks, etc.

All help is appreciated, thank you.

2. artofwot

artofwot Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2003
    For software I suggest something like Adobe Audition, or SoundForge. Do Not.... I REPEAT! DO NOT use Windows Audio Recorder (Unless all your lines are under 60 seconds, which I doubt they are).

For free sounds, do a search on google, and ceck out the TFN Sound database (although its all star wars).

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Paladin, I'd recommend this link to start. You'll find links to sound effects sites like my favorite, sonomic.com, how to make a pop filter, mics, etc.

Basically, when I worked on Rise of Nobility, I had to learn the basics how to make an audio drama. Tony Palmero has some good info on the web. As far as equipment, a computer...a decent mic, a pop filter, and a tracking program like Vegas Audio or Vegas Video and a sound editing program like Sound Forge. You might also use an external mixer if you want to really avoid hum issues that usually crop up with recording from a computer.

Then there are plugins like Noise Reduction 2.0, VintageWarmer, etc. that use Direct X technology to work in programs like Sound Forge.

Be sure to check out starwarsfanworks.com for more info.

Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.