main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm rewriting my Parent Trap story, what would be a reason for Mara divorcing Luke?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi_Liz, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    What would be a reason for Mara to divorce Luke?

If you read the original, I never had a real reason.

This would be about two years after Callista left Luke.

Any ideas?

This will be for my Special Edition of Parent Trap: Star Wars style.

2. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Um, hmm... ::AQ thinks:: Perhaps Mara thinks that Luke is still holding a candle for Callista when she finds a picture of her in their bedroom.

Ok, that was lame... [face_blush]

AQ

3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    He could be neglecting Mara over his students?

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Sara puts on thinking hat, [::::*::::] 8-}

1. Well, Mara could think that Luke is all way to caught up in rebuilding the Jedi Order and neglects her.

2. Luke could go Dark Side again and Mara isn't into that anymore.

3. They have just grown apart. Their duties have kept them seperated for along time.

4. Luke learns that before Calista died she had a kid. Luke finds it hard to tell Mara and doesn't say anything to her about it. When she finds out on her own she is so devestated and untrusting of Luke she ends the marriage.

5. Mara was married many years ago to some dark Jedi like guy and she somehow believed he died at the hand of Palpatine. He shows up in present time suddenly which makes her marriage to Luke invalid. < --- That'd be a different way to go. :)

Anyway, good luck, Liz! :D

5. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    1) possible

2) no way! (sorry, but Dark Luke is annoying and Dark Empire was a just a *bad dream* ;) )

3)maybe or maybe not (probably not)

4)Callista isn't dead (read the original - I'm still keeping that storyline)

5) Nope ;)

I think neglecting Mara and his twin children and spending too much time with the students is possible......

any more ideas?

6. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    When it comes to divorce, I think you need two to tango here. Placing the blame on just one of them seems a bit unrealistic. Maybe, Luke gets caught up in the training, and is a bit forgetful of things that are important to Mara, he always regrets it afterwards but that doesn't help much. She starts talking with Corran more, needing a friend, but ends up withdrawing from Luke emotionally a little. There is nothing romantic between Mara and Corran, but Luke starts to realize that she is spending more time with Corran than him. He starts to feel jealous, and begins picking fights with her, because he doesn't know how to deal with his feelings.

Some big misunderstanding happens. Luke see's something that "appears" to him like Mara and Corran have been having an affair. He confronts her and she throws the name of some female Jedi candidate in his face too.
    Big fight. They realize that they have lost their trust in each other and because they haven't been comunicating well they decide to divorce instead of working to solve their problem. They are both too stubborn at the time.

Sorry, if I got carried away. I just enjoy thinking of these kind of things. :)

7. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    that sounds like a sort of good idea, Mariah........but I am not sure what Emmi would think of it....... ;)

Plus, I have to sneak the fact that they have newborn twin daughters in there somehow.........

Emmi, want to give your opinion? ;)

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    She's fallen for Anakin. Ben's really his, you know.

But seriously, Neglecting her for his students seems likely.

9. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    1. Mara thinks should stop picking his nose and eating his boogers.

2. Mara catches Luke with some female students. ;)

Okay, those are unrealistic.

Hmm.

Luke neglects Mara for his students is the best one I have seen so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.