main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm sorry but Shia LaBeouf DOES not belong in an Indiana Jones film.

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by starwarsagent, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004

JP she was a very talented child actress..

2. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    Am I the only Indy fan that thought Shorty was ok? I understand the complaints about him but he wasn't bad. I thought he had some quotable lines and funny back and forth banter with Harrison. I always liked that scene where they play cards in the jungle or the shot of them beating the crap out of age-appropriate badguys during the conveyor belt sequence.

Also, as far as movie sequel sidekicks or child characters go I don't think he's THAT bad. For example, he's nowhere near as annoying (or useless) as Jake Loyd and Jar-Jar in Phantom Menace or the kids from both Jurassic Park sequels.

3. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Am I the only Indy fan that thought Shorty was ok?

Apparently not. Short Round makes a brief appearance in Rush Hour 3. :D
    The context in which he appears is hilarious!

4. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    It's not mentioned on imdb, therefore it's not true.

5. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004

[face_laugh] oh yes it is true! Short Round is in Rush Hour 3 allright!

6. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    It's true I've seen it! Short Round, Indy and Willie appear in Rush Hour 3.

7. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Regardless of whether you liked Transformers or not, no one can deny that Shia stole the show. The action in that movie was great, but I don't remember much of the action because it all blended together in a relentless frenzy.

However, what I remember most is the comedic moments that Sam dealt with. Granted, the dialogue was really well-written, but it's Shia's delivery of the lines that made his caracter and the movie memorable.

8. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    I agree 100%. I thought Transformers was mostly crap but Shia was the only thing I liked of the film. I personally have no problem at all with Shia being in Indy, I'm confident he'll do a great job.

9. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    I for one am looking forward to seeing how the kid fares. He seems adequate, and up to the task, without being some kind of acting genius. I mean, you don't want him to steal the show from Ford, now do you? Just let him get in there and play the dimwitted junior character, who no doubt discovers his inner archeologist or what-have-you, and enjoy his breezy, almost-there kind of "Hi, I'm an incompetent slacker, aren't I likeable?" personality.

QFT.

10. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

Based on his track record of having made 3 great Indy films in the past, I trust Spielberg's casting choices. He was smart enough to cast Robert Shaw for Quint in Jaws, and smart enough to cast Francois Truffaut in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and smart enough to cast Harrison Ford as Indy and Sean Connery as his dad, so I'd say the man knows what he's doing.

I'm looking forward to Shia's performance. I especially like the fact that he seems honored and humbled to be a part of such a legendary franchise. He's not taking it for granted.

11. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000

Shia, a very talented kid who has a good head on his shoulder's. Has been in several successful projects (Holes, Disturbia, Transformers not to mention his time on a very popular Disney Channel show, Even Stevens). He was the highlight of Transformers and every time I see the kid do a talk show, he makes me laugh and seems to be genuine. Probably the one Actor in Hollywood who deserves to be described as "The Next Tom Hanks".

Did anyone see him on SNL? Freakin' funny.

I have faith in Spielberg and his choices, I have faith in Shia's acting.

I think the fact this thread was started by Homeless_Jedi/starwarsagent speaks volumes.

12. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

Haha I miss Homeless Jedi, he made me laugh. But yes Shia is very capable.

13. scf881

scf881 Jedi Knight

Sep 5, 2004
    I think that if Shia brings the skill that he showed in Disturbia he will bring entertainment to the kingdom

14. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    So he's a bum. he got arrested today. did you all see the news? I told you he was a bad choice.

15. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Yes, Shia was arrested...Can you say PR nightmare??

Sounds minor though...Drunk in Walgreens! [face_laugh]

"Heart"

16. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    What does his personal life matter in any way with regard to his performance in a fictional photoplay?

Further, under the US Constitution is not a person innocent until proven guilty? Can you be so ready to revile someone for committing an act which you did not witness and about which we have only the barest of information?

Sometimes even good people (including actors!) drink to excess. Does this merit derogatory epithets being hurled at them?

17. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Oh Christ, he was drunk in a Walgreens. You know how many times I've been drunk in a Walgreens this past week? Harmless.

18. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Sounds to me like a classic case of a self fullfilling prophecy. Perhaps you see what you want to see. Posts like this are why I have pretty much stopped discussing film with people online.

19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    But it's OK for your darling Lindsay Lohan?

20. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    This is the first time I've read this thread, and I must say, wow! The guy likes Lohan as an actress, but thinks Shia's bad. He thinks he's a bum for a PI in a Walgreens(which I've done before, but didn't get caught), though Lindsay's many **** ups with alcohol's not a problem? She might have been a pretty good actress growing up, but now she's obviously chose another path in life and that's a bar wh**e!

Move over Ebert and Roeper, we have starwarsagent!

21. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    I know a few people who've been arrested. They're actually decent human beings who made some poor choices, but have since tried to better themselves...tried and are succeeding with encouragement from people like myself who believe they can make something of themselves.

I've also witnessed my best friend get arrested. The cop who called my friend a bitch when he put the cuffs on her, and the second one who put his hand over her mouth (illegal) weren't people I'd trust as "good guys."

So how many mistakes have you made in your life?

22. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004
    The logic here escapes me. A 21 year old guy gets arrested for being drunk in a Walgreens AFTER shooting the Indiana Jones film, and THAT confirms he's a bad choice for a movie that's already been filmed? The reason, of course, that the logic of the statement escapes me is that there is no logic in this whatsoever. A young guy makes a life mistake (yeah, not a lot of guys in their early 20s get drunk, right? :rolleyes: ) and that makes him a bad choice for pretending to be someone else in a movie role? :oops:

Sir Anthony Hopkins, Lee Marvin, Richard Burton, Peter O'Toole, and plenty more legendary actors down through the years have had issues with the bottle, but they've been some of the greatest actors ever to grace the screen.

23. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004

Well, JP, you bring up something that has no validity to this thread. something I don't even know where I said, can't remember what I said, but I'm sure it was nothing.
    And lindsay has got it tuff out there. I feel more sorry for her than Shia. and what kinda bum goes to walgreens drunk. I mean come on, you know I drink, and I've never done something stupid like loiter at a walgreens.

24. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Sounds like you never really drank much then. This seems like a pretty mild drunken mistake.

25. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    Like Lindsay's the only one who has it tough. Like she's the only one with family issues. The difference with Lindsay and millions of other Americans' with the same issues is that she has monetary situation to fall back on. I know that money doesn't buy you happiness, but I'll take having it tough with f'd up parents and millions of dollars over having it tough with f'd up parents and being broke as a joke any day. But, to give her some credit, at least she has earned it unlike some other stupid spoiled wh***s out there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.