main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV I'm sorry. (Explainations now included)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediMasterRevan, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    I would like to be accepted back into the community. Will you take me back? I promise not to talk like I was, ever again.

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    JediMasterRevan, we gave you a few chances, and you kept up with your childish and inflammatory behavior. Likening us to Nazis was uncalled for. You have generated a lot of bad feelings in a once very friendly Fan Force.

On the other hand, if you truly do want to be a part of our community, and you realize that what you we're doing was obnoxious and wrong, I believe you deserve a chance at exoneration. ?To err is human, to forgive divine?, right?

So we?ll do this democratically. Southern Nevada Fan Force Members, should JediMasterRevan be allowed to participate in Fan Force affairs and events? Discuss your thoughts and feelings respectably and in accordance with the TOS of the Jedi Council Forums.

3. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I think there are individual apologies necessary for some of the things said. So maybe seeing some individual apologies and some explanation would be in order. I am definitely one for forgiving others and would like to see someone obviously passionate about Star Wars posting here again in a friendly manner.

I'll be the first to apologize to you Revan. I said some things and posted in a manner that I don't normally in response to some of your posts and that makes me equally in the wrong. So please forgive me as well.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    With apologies appropriately given, and his vow to never again speak like that, he should be given one more chance.

This last chance, however, should be his final chance. Call it permanent probation. If he violates this probation even just one more time, he should be banned forever. IP banned, even.

5. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i concur. if reven is willing to act civil, there is no reason why he should be banned from the board. i also agree with the permanent probation. there were a lot of things said that have made quite a few people resentful. appologies are in order.

6. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    So am I back?

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    There are probably more that need to respond, plus I am sure that MoronDude might consult with his council, but ultimately, it will be him that posts whether you are back or not and under what conditions.

8. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah second chances are cool. Just chill out a bit. And I agree with whats been said here so far. BTW sorry about that Jedi Draft thing, Thon should have won that fight. I had just become fed up with your childishness. But I have a lot of respect for you coming back and apologizing.

9. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Im going to have to think on this one, Forgiveness is one thing. And you JMR have that. But what you youve done is not forgotten.

If i have a friend, and i let him borrow a CD and he returns it all scratched and useless, then argues with me and tells me I am wrong when I accuse him knowing he did it, ends our relationship for calling him on it, then later apologises, i can forgive him. Yet when he asks to borrow another CD, i dont think it wise to let him borrow it. No retaliation because I have forgiven him. However, hes not getting another CD till he shows hes more responsible and has experienced a change in character.

So, you coming back and starting a thread called "Im sorry", stating you want to comeback, asking us to take you back, and then promising not to do it again only to 1 day later wonder whether you're back yet does not mean you have apologized to the people you have hurt nor mean a change in character to me.

I will definenatly need more from you than the three sentences I have seen so far. You even still have an avatar demanding you be made an admin.

Now I'm sure as you read this you may think I am angry, I am not. But you are not my friend right now after the damage you caused on these boards. If you want to return, personally I want to know that you have gone back and taken the initiative to repair the hurt you have caused. I would like to see letter to the members of this board;
    1. apologizing for your behaviour.
    2. detailing the understanding of why we have asked you to leave
    3. Explaining how this destructive character has changed and what it has changed into.

After knowing you have done these things, I would feel comfortable with you posting on these boards.

10. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I don't care....go away....

11. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    1. apologizing for your behaviour.
    2. detailing the understanding of why we have asked you to leave
    3. Explaining how this destructive character has changed and what it has changed into.

1. As I have already stated I am sorry about some of the things that I have said in the past. What started out as humor turned into something more serious and caused turmoil within the community. But as I did some things wrong you people also did some things wrong. Such as in the SNJD when I would support my team I would get people telling me that I'm making it not fun anymore. Somethings I said were wrong but most of it, in the draft atleast, was alright, but you guys just over reacted to it. After this I would always get bashed. But as I stated before if it were a person who has been here a little longer than me did the same thing I did nothing would have happened to them. I have one final question. Is it fair to have rules that differ from one member to another, or should the rules be enforced the same on everyone?

2. First off, no one that I know of ever asked me to leave. I chose that by myself in an effort to create my own Fan Force where evryone was included and treated equally. Ever from the start it seemed as if I was considered an outsider. I would create a thread and no one would respond to it, but then someone else who has been here a little longer creates a similar thread and it seems as if everyone flocked to it. Also as I have stated before I wanted to make a community where all the rules are enforced equally without favoritism. It doesn't seem like that happens very much here. The core group of people run the show and everyone else is looked down upon as their inferiors. In conclusion the reason I decided to leave was to exercise John Locke's theory on government.

3. My character was never destructive unless you consider freedom of speech as being destructive. That is another problem I have with this place is that it seems that some people can say whatever it is that they want but if you are not in that group then you are monitered very closely. Like I said it is like in 1984 here. You think the wrong thing in here and you get bashed, unless of course you are of the select Inner Party. I have realized that if not only I but also you guys change your behavior it would be best to come back into this community once again. I am willing to change my attitude, but are you? I can see already that Petra is not willing to do so by her last post, but I can see that Axia is. If the majority of the people here are willing to change their attitudes towards me than I will change my attitude also. Some of the things that I have said may have been wrong but also a lot of it was over-reaction by some people. So if I am accepted back into this community I will not create anymore controversy and I will not hardly even speak if you wish it to be so. I only hope that you guys not only look at how I have screwed up but also look at how you have screwed up.

I will definenatly need more from you than the three sentences I have seen so far. You even still have an avatar demanding you be made an admin

What does this have to do with anything? It is only simply an avatar. If you feel so disturbed by my using this I will change it. Why would they put such an avatar in the gallery if they didn't allow people to use it? The administration obviously has no problem with this avatar so I don't believe that you should feel so threatened by it. This is the kind of thing that I'm talking about when I say that people over-react to what I say and do.

There are probably more that need to respond, plus I am sure that MoronDude might consult with his council, but ultimately, it will be him that posts whether you are back or not and under what conditions.

I don't know whether or not you meant this figuratively or literally but this is exactly what I'm talking about. The special group of people who can do whatever it is that they please. If you are not in this Inner P

12. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    I rest my case.

13. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Oh man, you cant be serious. Simple fact of the matter that there was no problem until you came along and there wasnt any issues after you left. Do the math.

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Revan, I no longer read each post of every thread, as I am no longer City Rep. I did not know whether your absence here was forced or voluntary. Based on the wording of your inital post in this thread, and the responses of others, I got the idea that you had in fact been banned. My response to you was based on this assumption.

I stand corrected.

If you were not banned, that begs the question why would you need the permission of this community to return. Why not simply return and see if your new way of speaking here earned you a place in the community.

Yours is one of the few, if not the only, case that I know of in which people in this community got overwhelmingly sick of the manner in which you communicated your ideas. Your allegations of an 'elite inner circle' seem to disintegrate in the light of the fact that many new people come to this board, post repeatedly, and are accepted here, with no high drama or accusations.

The only answer I can come up with is that your mode of communicating your feelings tended to be perceived as offensive and inflammatory- a perception which was confirmed by reaction to you, both in word and feeling. Sometimes, perception is everything.

Whether or not that is true, don't bother convincing me in this thread. Convince me with any posts you make from this point, convince everyone as to the true nature of who you are, not the thing that everyone thought you were based on your posts.

By the way... if you're looking for a forum for free speech, this isn't it. This is a privately held board that is available for public use.

If you ever feel discriminated against for any reason, you can always PM the chapter rep, or if you can't feel you can go to him, you can PM the regional person.

As for starting a Fan Force based on the city of Henderson (something you mentioned in another post)... I already did that, back when there was only a Vegas Fan Force. :) The Henderson Fan Force (aka the "Twin Suns Syndicate") thrived, and when the Southern Nevada Fan Force was created it was because the Henderson and Vegas chapters decided to merge for the good of the Southern Nevada Fan Community. That's the simple version of the story. Been there, done that. Trust me when I tell you that these are good, friendly, welcoming people.

Good luck, Revan. If you're really a good guy, well let that show. Sometimes people need to get to know you well before they can understand when you are or are not joking around.

I will not be posting any longer in this thread, not as any kind of statement or anything, so don't read into that. I just have other things going on.

Take it easy.

Talon

15. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    here are my thoughts on what you have just posted, reven....

i believe that you came into this community under some false assumptions. fisrt off, there is an inner circle councel. this inner circle is responsible for important decisions made on this board. there are like, 5 or 7 members. morondude puts questions to them to decide important matters and they put it to the vote. you must have not been here when this statagy of managment was decided. if you would like that thread bumped, thats cool.

another thing that youve commented on is your freedom of speech. you have freedom of speech up to a certain point. coming in here and simply posting whatever pops into your head to a closely knit community is probably not the best way to be accepted. yes, we are sarcastic with one another on a regular basis, but then, you know what? most of the members on this board have known each other for a while on board and off.

You think the wrong thing in here and you get bashed

know one knows what you are thinking, dude. however, if you post something, you are going to get other people's opinions, whether your post was inflamitory or not. if you don't want other people's comments on what you have to say, a message board is probably not the best choice for you.

I will definenatly need more from you than the three sentences I have seen so far. You even still have an avatar demanding you be made an admin

you changed your avatar to go along with your inflamitory threads. why do you think?

If the majority of the people here are willing to change their attitudes towards me than I will change my attitude also.

im not really cool with this statement, and ill tell you why. you came on this board and posted this 'im sorry' thread. if you want our attitudes towards you to change, then you need to do something about it. ie, make friendlier posts. i dislike you not because of me, but because of you. i have no other contact with you except on this board, so what you post makes a lasting impression. and unlike being in a face to face conversation with someone, things written here are here for a long, long time. so, this above statement needs to be reversed.

my conclusion is this: i can see that you want to be on this board, however, from your last post, it seems to me that you think that we are the ones who need an attitude change. you come in here asking to be forgiven and then you tell us that we are the ones with the problem. i, for one, am still pretty pissed off about a lot of the stuff that you said to us just a few weeks ago. if you genuinely want to be forgiven, then fine. prove it.

16. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Yes, let JMR back in. It makes me feel guilty just reading this thread!

17. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    Who is this guy?

Course the same can be said about me.

18. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I don't care....go away....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.