main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm Staying at the Hampton Inn (What does ADA mean?)

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Go-Mer-Tonic, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    The only rooms left for all three nights when I signed up just now were marked with the connotation: ADA.

I assume this might have something to do with the Americans with Disability Act.

Does anyone know if I have to be disabled or anything to "qualify" for these rooms?

If so, do you think they would charge me the $50 cancellation fee on top of that?

They say nothing about it when you buy the room through the official SW online store, they have nothing about it in any of the faq's or things on www.starwarscelebration.com, and when I called the hotel directly, they weren't sure about what ADA meant either.

I have a couple calls into voicemails of people organizing the event, but I imagine it will be a while before they get back to me.

Any info would be most appreicated.

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Doing a quick Yahoo search on "hotel room ADA", I think your American with Disabilities Act assumption would be correct. Room is probably modifed to be wheelchair accessable, on the ground level, extra large bathroom with rails, etc. Probably no big deal really...all the rooms are the same in the dark (with the exception of the number of multi-legged pests that may be mooching off your mini-bar).

First reaction was "Assistant District Attorney?", must be because my cousin is the one here in Indy. :)

3. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    With the way I am planning to drink at this event, the handrails and oversized access to the toilet may come in handy... ;)

I am not worried about any "special bus" connotation or anything, I just want to make sure I don't end up roomless when I arrive in May. In any event, I will probably pack a tent "just in case".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.