main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "I'm Still Here" JA (songfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Cyana, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    This is a not quite-done songfic (sorry, I was in a rush to get it up before my comp ate it AGAIN) about Obi-wan asking the Council to allow him to be Qui-Gon's apprentice... takes place after #6, SLIGHTLY AU..

Obi-wan Kenobi stood in front of the Jedi Council as they all looked sternly at him. He saw out of the corner of his eye, Qui-Gon Jinn hurriedly leaving the Council room. Obi-wan sighed deeply, unaware of the fact that he had just betrayed his hopes and dreams to Tahl. She looked at him sadly and whispered something to Yoda, who listened with a sad look on his face.

Unaware of all of this, Obi-wan only saw the only man he saw as a father, a god, a friend, and guide in one, walk away. He felt his eyes brim up with tears. <He doesn't want me anymore....he doesn't love me anymore....> he thought sadly. "Obi-wan," Mace Windu began, "You know why you are here, do you not?" Unable to answer, Obi-wan blinked his tears back and nodded. "You have decided to return to the Jedi Order, after all the danger you brought upon Master Tahl in her serious condition," here Tahl opened her mouth to protest, but Yoda placed a hand on hers, silencing her, "After disobeying not just your master, which is punishment-worthy enough, but Master Yoda himself...do you deny any of these accusations?" Obi-wan shook his head. He had never been so scared in his life. "I, personally, am not ashamed to say that I truly believe that sending you to the agricultural corps is a bad idea." Here he paused for a reply.

I am a question to the world
    Not an answer to be heard
    Or a moment that?s held in your arms.
    And what do you think you?d ever say?
    I don?t listen anyway
    You don?t know me, and I?ll never what you what me to be

"Neither do I," Obi-wan replied, surprising even himself. "Whatever you deem fit, I stand by."

Mace was caught by surprise. "You...agree...?" he asked, not intending to sound uncertain. Meanwhile Tahl felt tears welling up in her own eyes. Here was a boy who had a dream. A dream, a hope, a life, and future, that he had wanted more than anything. He had abandoned this path, yet the Force had called out to him again. She felt likes screaming in front of the whole Council, in front of Qui-Gon, that this boy was MEANT to be a Jedi...and more so, Qui-Gon's apprentice. Couldn't the Council see how much he was hurting? But Yoda was right in silencing her...this was Obi-wan's stand. His moment. His time to tell everyone what happened. What he wanted to happen.

And what do you you?d understand?
    I?m a boy, no I?m a man
    You can?t take me and throw me away.
    And how can you learn what?s never shown?
    Yeah you stand here all alone
    They don?t know me
    Cuz I?m not here.

"To be Qui-Gon's Padawan learner again, you wish?" Yoda asked. Obi-wan lowered his head shamefully. What right had he to ask for such a thing? It was a miracle, the special doing of the Force that Qui-Gon took him once...did he really believe that he'd take him again? Looking up, Obi-wan was about to ask to be sent away, to another planet, even the agricultural corps, anywhere but here...until a pair of eyes stopped him. Master Tahl's. She was begging through her eyes, for him to speak. He had so much hurt to her before...and here she was willing to give him a chance? Swallowing his fear, he spoke up boldly.

Yes, Master Yoda. I did indeed wish that."

And I want a moment to be real
    Wanna touch things I don?t feel
    Wanna hold on and feel I belong
    And how can the world want me to change?
    They?re the ones that stay the same
    They don?t know me
    Cuz I?m not here

"And why wish you that?" [A/N: so my Yoda speech sucks, I'm sorry...you get the jist...]

"Because....Because...I think....we are a lot alike..." From outside the room, an eavesdropping Qui-Gon gasped. "Because...we both want to help people...and we won't let anything stop us...Qui-Gon bends rules to his suiting, not that I'm saying it's good Master...but I...I respected that...I admired that...and..." his voice faltered. "He

2. Shadow8911

Shadow8911 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    dude!!! continue
    UPPP

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Okay you have to continue this, it isn't every day someone shocks the council speechless Plz post again!!!

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Continue this!! That is an evil cliffie!!

5. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Yes, definately continue. This is a great start. Yet its so sad! :(

"Because....Because...I think....we are a lot alike..." From outside the room, an eavesdropping Qui-Gon gasped. "Because...we both want to help people...and we won't let anything stop us...Qui-Gon bends rules to his suiting, not that I'm saying it's good Master...but I...I respected that...I admired that...and..." his voice faltered. "He was the closest thing to a father for me...a father, a guide, a...a...friend..." He stood taller and said louder, "Because, I trust him...I admire him...I want to be just like him....I love him. He's my father." Obi-wan could not stop the tears from coming. "Qui-Gon is my father...please, I want....I want my father back..."

:_| That was so heartbreaking! Please coninue this as soon as possible. This is great so far!

6. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Wow [face_shocked]

*Faints*

*Wakes up*
    That was sooo touching. Ilove how the song fits the words, but ever since Treasure Planet, I'll always think of Jim when I see or hear it. :)

*Faints again*

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    CONTINUE!!!!!!

8. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
  9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
Thread Status: