main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm still stuck on genesis!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by citizen-tom, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002

Its been awhile since 1993 when I got it, but I still play it all the time. But you see, everyone else seems to have these big 'ol PS2GamecubeDreamcastX-boxish type things. I finally decided to move on, and decided Dreamcast was what I wanted because I'm a big sega fan and such, but my friend says it a loser of an idea. Is this true? Will Dreamcast disapoint me? I'm a novice in the current gaming world, please tell me if Dreamcast is a bad Idea before I shell out the cash.

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Uhmm. Err, okay.

Dreamcasts are no longer in production, and neither are its games. IF you have no problem with that and the fact that it has 1999 hardware, no hard drive, no DVD player. etc., then go for it. It's extremely cheap and it has an excellent library of games you can get for a low amount of money.

But, the more modern consoles out there have superior graphics capabilities, and the developers are actually making games for them. Instead of suggesting one over another and starting idiot fanboy ranting war v.419853759879835775, I'll just say you should look at the release lists for each system and research the games yourself and make your decision by doing that. You really can't go wrong with any system, but I'd suggest one of the three new ones.

3. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    Thanks Dan!

It's extremely cheap and it has an excellent library of games you can get for a low amount of money.

That's very appealing!

But I guess I'll look further into the other ones...

4. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I love my Dreamcast. I think the graphics are nicer than the PS2. Go for it. It's an inexpensive way to introduce yourself to the modern gaming experience. If you like it then later get the X-CubeStation 2 of your choice.

5. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    Okay, Thanks! That's what I'll do!

6. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I completely agree with Auraveda. For as cheap as the system and games are right now, it's absolutely worth it. They're almost as inexpensive as an old Nintendo and you can get a lot of the games used for 10 bucks or less. Plus you can run Linux on it, run emulators on it, and with the right software it can play VCD's. I play my Dreamcast just as often as my Xbox.

7. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    Well I got Dreamcast, a controller, Sonic Adventure, and met a real hot blonde girl who was there to buy X-Box :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.