main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm sure he's forgotten about that...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by IncomT65, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    What do you think "was a long time ago" and Han was sure Lando "had forgotten all about that"?
    (Han mentions this to Chewie when they're planning to go to Bespin)

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Read Rebel Dawn.

3. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    From the movies, we know Lando lost the Falcoln to Han. But its not clear if that was what Chewie was referring to.

I haven't read the book that was mentioned, but here's the EU answer from starwars.com:

Calrissian helped Han Solo in a strike against the Hutt spice-processing and slaving operations on Ylesia. Solo was romantically tied to a Rebel agent -- Bria Tharen -- who masterminded the assault, and used his fringe connections to recruit a number of smugglers for the mission. When Tharen doublecrossed Solo and kept the spoils of war for the Rebellion , Solo found himself unable to pay the promised rewards to the smugglers. This marked a major falling out between Calrissian and Solo, and the two parted ways never to see each other again for years.

4. SOCKIT2ME

SOCKIT2ME Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Wow I didn't think I could laugh as hard as I just did, but it turns out it is possible. Thank you so much!

5. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Before reading the Han Solo Trilogy, I always thought it had to do with Han winning the Falcon from Lando. But read the Trilogy, it's very good.

6. Danny_Faytonni

Danny_Faytonni Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    Han is refering to the fact that he and Lando used to have a romantic relationship. One morning Han found a new love interest Chewbacca. Han left Lando, for years Lando was heartbroken until he met Lobot.

After that, Lobot was the strength that Lando needed. ;)

7. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    ^^^^^laughs.

seriously though read the Han Solo trilogy it is an excellent trilogy.

8. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Read Rebel Dawn.

Or speculate. It's kinda more fun that way, especially when specualtion is asked for.

I would assume from what is said, Han won the Falcon in some sort of game of chance/skill and perhaps cheated a bit to do so.

9. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I like the mystery. It's much more amusing if you don't know exactly what Chewie was talking about. Kind of like "You said it Chewie", or 3PO's responses to R2. From the sound of it, and the personalities of the characters involved, it probably involves Han swindling Lando in some way. But it can't have been too terrible; Lando obviously doesn't hold it against Han (his betrayal isn't personal, just business). Judging by the fact that the Falcon was sitting right behind them, it doesn't look like Chewie was talking about that; Han wouldn't expect Lando to have "forgotten about that".

10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Bib, you could have at least of posted what Rebel Dawn said.

11. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    but that would take away time from him getting more posts. ;)

My preciousss...

12. Rambe

Rambe Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    Nah, Bib's more of a mystery man, if ya know what I mean.

Anyway, it's more fun to make everyone get up off their lazy rears, go to the library or the book store and read the books for themselves.

13. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "Read Rebel Dawn."

"Or speculate. It's kinda more fun that way, especially when specualtion is asked for. "

--------

"Bib, you could have at least of posted what Rebel Dawn said."

No offense, guys, but Bib's getting it at both ends here. He mentioned a possible (sorry Bib ;) ) answer to the question and 1) gets talked to as if this is a bad thing to bring up, and 2) is told to explain more.

What he did was absolutely fine. Let's have some consistency here.

(BTW, I couldn't bring myself to finish Rebel Dawn, because I thought the beginning was cheesy. Maybe I'll go back and try it again. ;) )

14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    The old Essential Guide to Characters also offered an explanation involving the Tonnika Sisters and a romantic scam that Lando was heartbroken over.

If only I had the damn book on hand...

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It could easily be both, though.

16. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I think the Tonnika sisters incedent was more of a light hearted prank between two good friends. I don't think Lando would have been to upset over that.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  18. gold-finger

gold-finger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    speaking of the han solo trilogy, i thought the hutt gambit was the best.

19. Chewcacca1

Chewcacca1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2003
    Anyway, it's more fun to make everyone get up off their lazy rears, go to the library or the book store and read the books for themselves.

Ehh... Just because people don't read the EU doesn't mean they are lazy. A lot of non-EU fans would take offense to that remark, it seems. I read quite a bit... just hardly any of it is EU as I really don't care for it. And, I know I'm definately not lazy. And, I don't mean for this to sound offensive, but if you read more than just SW, you would know what the word "mystery man" actually means. It's a phrase, from the 1920's and 30's literature, which was used to describe masked martyrs and vigilanties who concealed their identities. It doesn't really fit the context that you used it in.

Anyways... I would like to think that the backstory to that line in EMPIRE would be something left to the imagination of the viewer... as it was meant to be. I think it be best that we all have our own idea of what may have happened. I always assumed they had some sort of altercation over a girl... since, it seems, that one of the few things that separates a male friendship is both guys having a thing for the same girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.