I'm tired; olive branch

Discussion in 'Games' started by Darth-Hannibal, Aug 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm tired. I'm under a lot of stress; I've got three weeks to get ready for, move to and settle in at university. What I don't need is little things getting at me which I should be worrying about. So here's how I'm going to proceed.

You've won.

I've had enough of fighting. Many of us gave in to the pressure of being here, which was totally unnecessary, and moved away. We made no further aggressive movements, but still, a small number of members here (I'm not going to name drop) pursued us, and continued to apply this pressure at the new boards, turning this whole argument into a parody of the Jedi Purges.

I know that no-one has stated that they blame me for this argument, but it cannot be denied that my initial move to transplant the XWA wing, and inadvertantly revealing the plan to relocate, was the trigger factor. To all people on both sides (or no side) of this split, here's what I'm offering:

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/nv/TheOliveBranch/images/doveict2.gif]

For people who don't get it, this is an olive branch. Basically it represents peace. A truce.

As one of the first people to jump ship, I can only hope that people can interpret this as a signal that this has gone too far.

There's enough bad feeling here, and no-one besides JP has made any proceedings towards stopping it, besides a few efforts of the moderators to keep things from really escalating. Sadly these have been ignored, and the troubles have escalated.

If we are to be continued to be persecuted (because that's basically what it is, reason or not), then we are not going to be shifted out of here. I am going to stay, and I am going to enjoy myself.

So there it is; I have put forward this offer of peace. To the antagonists: embrace it, stomp on it, disregard it, whatever. This is not your board, and we do not intend to submit to you. Even if there cannot be friendly liason between what have become the two factions (and indeed the neutrals), then at least allow there to be a co-existance. Let's not have unfair criticism, let's not have out-and-out flaming.

This board was not put here for AA. Or Connemara. Or Bib. Or SEA. Or Dan. Or me. It was put here for Star Wars (& subsequently, other) gamers to get together, enjoy themselves, meet new people and develop their hobbies.

If one person's stance on this changes, there is no reason to make this difficult for the rest. JP has notably expressed how difficult and exasperating it is to be constantly checking two different boards for exactly the same subject matter, and his point is well taken.

If everyone else feels the same way, then please post here, take a step towards returning the JC to its former glory. If you think I am being naïve or foolish, then disregard it. This thread is for people who want this crisis resolved. My intention in posting this message is to make everyone welcome at the JC, and hopefully to make them welcoming to each other.

Call me devil's advocate, but I personally would like to see Connemara coming back. If you don't agree with this then please take a step back. You don't have to be involved, but I personally would love to see EVERYONE posting in this thread.

Thanks for listening.
  2. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you. That is how I know you, go on. Near, far, wherever you are, I believe that the heart will go on.....
  3. Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Look, this is a serious thread. Times are critical, and I don't wanna fight. Stuff like that is just gonna spur on the others (especially Bib) to post nonsense. If you wanna post rubbish, put it in the Parté.
  4. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It doesnt bother me that members left, it is there actions up to leaving like trying to get me banned.

I can do that on my own and dont need there help.

For example, I never heard of SEA till i was harrasing him, i never even talked to the guy and I was harrasing him. Right.

And I really would like Darth-Hannibal to come back, and I was trying to play some XWA games with him but someone decided they needed to take it out of the JC.
  5. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    I'd like it to be known that I do not mind any of the "revolution members" being at these boards. I've come to like quite a few of them.

Connemara, I cannot say the same for, unfortunately. I've put up with it for months (think back to when she and Krayt got banned (come to think of it, she said she would never return after that, too)--if anyone was here for that, you know it was a long time ago). That made me extremely angry then, and she has been angering me up until I unleashed my wrath of fury upon her a few days ago. The constant begging for attention and "cater-to-my-ass homeschooler attitude (as Krayt once put it) would have to be completely gone for me to enjoy her anywhere near these boards. But it matters not, as she stated in an overly dramatic monologue that she would not return. A pity.

Also, I think both "factions" need to realize one thing. Or at least one important thing.

It is neither Bib's or Connemara's fault solely that led to what happened. This may date rather far back in Games history, so bear with me.

Howl had made a "Gamer's Lounge Thread" that was extremely successful, and was on course for hitting 1000 months before the Force Boat party did. AA, a while after howl's was made, created the CS thread, the very one nearing 1000 posts at this time. People did not like it (read: Connemara) and, well, bitched to make Games SW-only. Continually arguing and complaining led to a temporary banning by PreacherBoy. After this incident, Bib, AA, myself, and others began to dislike her. So began Bib's "harassment" or "terrorizing" of her. Did he go to far? I will admit, he probably did (but it was damn funny for someone who saw his point of view).

The part that angered me was a series of events by Connemara. She (and others, don't try to deny it) began preaching once again for a SW only board. BS. Then, her constant need for attention was totally unncessary. Look, in the Jade's name thread, everybody. Bib called her something like "Conny babe" and "boobsala." She claimed it was harassment. When I spoke out against her crap, she claimed I was harassing her. WTF is that about? Please, grow up. If someone has a superior argument, it isn't harassment. Did we make fun of her at points? YES, it is undeniable. But damn, she is always asking for it. That is also undeniable. You cannot continually annoy people and complain and not expect retaliation. If you think otherwise, you are a Grade A Dumbass.

I spoke earlier of one important thing. This is another important one.

Games is not SW-only. However, it is not only for non-SW games. It is for both. If you do not like CS, stay out of the thread and don't talk about it or complain to the higher-ups, as they do not care. If you do not like the conversation threads, stay out. If I do not like some thread you make, I'll stay out. I cannot speak for the others, but I'd expect them to do the same.

So, if you didn't bother reading that, I'll sum it up. I'm in favor of a reunited board. I like a few of the newer members. I do not have a problem with Conn if she changes hger damn attitude and stop forcing people to do what she wants.

That is all for now.
  6. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    yay, i was always staying here, as well as checking the other board, and im glad we're starting to see a light...

nice to see a certain darth back posting!
  7. Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Cheers SFL!

AA, read my post. I am back.

And don't get me started on the XWA thing, I stated from the beginning that I didn't want to take away from any existing XWA games that were organised on the board (of which, by the way, there were few if any). All I wanted to do was move the league that I started from scratch somewhere where it could be more efficient (ie without people who didn't wanna join giving their two cents here and there). THAT IS ALL! FOR NOW AND FOR ALWAYS! There is no need to speak further.

Sorry if I'm stepping on your joke again Dan.

Thank you Dan. If you (and indeed everyone) can live by that, and especially this:

If I do not like some thread you make, I'll stay out.

then there will be no more problems.

Let's face it, I don't know much, I've only been around since May. Some of what you just told me was news, but only a bit.

Yes, I do think that Conn overreacted in the Jade's Name thread. But common sense (if not sense of fun) should tell people not to subsequently tease and further provoke.

This cannot be allowed to happen again. I will talk to Conn, and get her posting again. It would be great if people would agree to a trial period of co-existing.

Dan, Bib and the others, you have stated that you no longer wish to play JK. So logically, and based on the quotation I put in bold above, there is no reason for any of you to mess around in any game announcement threads, or indeed the JC.N mod thread (yes I know you made it Bib, but you've shown no interest in participating).

This will hopefully prevent any conflict of interest between yourselves and Connemara. On other issues (ie this 1000-post race), it's up to everyone as adults to put it all aside, start afresh, and not cause any more arguments. Let's face it, things have got this far and no mods have seriously stepped in. It's up to all of us to keep things sweet around here. Let's not take it so far this this forum has to be turned into a police state.

Please.

I'm off to drink some tea and watch the cricket. ;)
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Communication = Good.

A nice step in the right direction. :D

Except for you Barnes <sigh>

EDIT: Hannibal wrote;
    or indeed the JC.N mod thread (yes I know you made it Bib, but you've shown no interest in participating).

I'm happy to make a Bib skin for Bibby, a Jawa (or whatever) for DUM, and skins for Dan, AA & Barnes too. The offer is open to all.

I'd love to see a game with people on both "sides" playing. (Even if they are on opposite teams)!

9. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    You totally butchered the joke! Geez, man. ;)

I will still post in JK threads if it is "constructive." You guys need help sometimes, I'll recommend some decent levels if you want or whatever.

And the Conn trial thing (we all know that it will become more than a trial anyway), I am still very against it. Of course I can't make her stay away as I am not a mod here and I cannot make the rules, and she can come back if she wants, but an attitude change would be greatly appreciated. Not only appreciated, but required, to make games work as you want it to.
  10. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I cannot say my behavior will improve towards her.

Hey at least I am honest.

I can say it wont get worse though.
  11. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes, exactly. If she comes back the same way she left, it won't change anything, and the state of games will worsen.
  12. DUM4 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have a whole lot to add here but Dan pretty much summed it up.

I'm not saying I will never play JK again, it's just right now It isn't as interesting to me, along with the fact that my current PC has a puny 7.85 GB HD and is pretty much full.

JP, If you have time to make a JK skin for me, I suppose I'd want a DUM-4 skin.
  13. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    >> JP, If you have time to make a JK skin for me, I suppose I'd want a DUM-4 skin.

A pit-driod!?

Now there's a challenge!
  14. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    This forum is taken way too seriously.

I see a lot of good comments, gestures, and overall philosophies that everyone would benefit from if they were... at least considered, by everyone here.

Keep it up. Eventually this mess will be cleaned up.
  15. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm sorry, I'm stuck in the past. Peace and love to us all.
  16. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So began Bib's "harassment" or "terrorizing" of her. Did he go to far? I will admit, he probably did (but it was damn funny for someone who saw his point of view).

No one sees from my point of view more than me. I've had a blast posting here in the last few weeks.

And I suppose there isn't much to complain about here anymore... I've more or less gotten what I wanted for the time being. And I'm sure you all know what that was.

Oh, and I've already had my own skin for almost a year.

17. Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling

star 2
    And sentimental movie themes? ;)
  18. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Once, more, you open the door, you are here and bla bla bla.
  19. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes, over the last week, I have taken this place way too seriously, and it is annoying. On top of that, it makes me a Grade A Dumbass. :(

Please, please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
  20. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Edit: I think I could confuse people with how i said that.
  21. Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I've spoken to Conn. She isn't coming back. At all.

Any games that are organised I will post the details of in this forum.
  22. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh you want a sentimental movie theme?

Susanne, you're all that I wanted of a girl
    you're all that I need in the world
    I'm your child, make me blush, drive me wild
    Susanne, you're all that I wanted.

From Mallrats in case you didn't know...
  23. DUM4 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good Weezer song JB

>>A pit-driod!?

Now there's a challenge

:) That's why I said "If you have time"
  24. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I'll give it a go, though I can't guarantee the results. And it may end up being a bit bigger than in the movies - probably about the size of the JK Ugnaughts.

I'll add it to my 2nd round list - after Dan's Ninja Turtle.

25. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I want a Unicron skin too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.