main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm watching ROTJ again tonight

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by two_fer_one, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    After Luke and the guard fall into the Rancor pit, and Jabba's dais is slid forward you can see Dengar.

I believe you can also see him in the background as Bib Fortuna hurries up the steps toward Luke.

Shots of Han and Luke on the skiff ("...I see a big bright blur") are reversed because the flap on Han's shirt is in the opposite place from where it normally is.

2. two_fer_one

two_fer_one Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2004
    I do believe when when Luke glared up at Jabba for the last time, I saw Anakin's angry glare....it was spooky. It's like, is Hayden Mark's illigitimate child, from when he fooled around with a very, very tall woman?

3. Darthette

Darthette Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2003
  4. ChancellorGoauld

ChancellorGoauld Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Look out for the Emperor, and wonder if he's naked under that robe. Imagine his wrinkly body.

5. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    And try to figure out whose heads are in those helmets the ewoks use as bongos.

Temura Morrison ;)

At one point when Jabba is talking, you can see Bib Fortuna behind him open his mouth excitedly to reveal all his teeth...for no particular reason

Heh, I always look out for that bit. No-one gets a laugh like a huge crime lord that has no problem with ordering your death.

6. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Dengar is also visible standing in the background as Jabba sentences the heroes to be thrown in the Pit of Carkoon.

Did the same guy play thim in ROTJ that played him in ESB? I think it would be fun to play the mummy-headed bounty hunter.

7. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "After Luke and the guard fall into the Rancor pit, and Jabba's dais is slid forward you can see Dengar."

I always liked how you could see some sparks falling on Jabba's tail from the ceiling after Luke blasts it w/the Gamorrean's pistol, just before Jabba drops them in.

Oh ya, don't forget when Han copes a feel on Leia when she gets shot at the Endor bunker.

8. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    The end of Jedi is haunted!

there is of course the infamous "Emperor's slug", and there are those who claim that:

- You can see the emperor in the deathstar core
    - You can see Vader's helmet in the deathstar explosion
    - There is even one guy who claimed he saw a pair of lips in the shot with the Jedi ghosts :confused:

I'd take it with a grain of salt. ;)

9. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    "- There is even one guy who claimed he saw a pair of lips in the shot with the Jedi ghosts"

Would that be The Rocky Horror Jedi Show?

10. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    The "lips" are merely an illusion. I see what the guy was talking about. It's just the roofs of two huts in the background that, because they're out of focus, sort of blend into each other, and it actually does look like a pair of lips. haha!! But it's not so noticable that it's become a distraction.

11. Darthette

Jun 10, 2003
    I shall never look at this film in the same way again.... :(

*taps*

12. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    I liked the Ewok that was sitting smoking a pipe while it was Threepio story time.

13. Obi-Ted_Kenobi

Obi-Ted_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2003
    I love the little moment when the Ewok sitting next to Chewbacca in the commandeered "Chicken Walker" starts petting the fur on his neck.

It happens right after they shoot another walker and celebrate inside the walker. The ewok caresses Chewie's fur just before the cut to the next shot.

I always got the impression that Ewok was infatuated with Chewie (he has never seen so much fur!) and was showing affection for him. It was very cute.

14. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    But all Ewoks are cute!

I love the experssion on Luke's face during the Vader duel... very powerful and angry.

15. Darthette

Jun 10, 2003
    I have a question....when Luke first entered Jabba's palace, did that big door open from someone allowing him in, or did he open it with the force?

Edit: and um....is 'force' supposed to be capitalized?

16. Obi-Ted_Kenobi

Obi-Ted_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2003
    I have a question....when Luke first entered Jabba's palace, did that big door open from someone allowing him in, or did he open it with the force?

You know, I cannot believe it, but I have never pondered that before. Thinking about it though, I figure he must have used the Force since Bib Fortuna was so surpsised to see him (as opposed to when the droids showed up and he was "expecting" them.)

and um....is 'force' supposed to be capitalized?

I do not know if it is "supposed" to be capitalized, but I always do (when I think about it and am not typing too fast.)

17. Darthette

Jun 10, 2003
    :) Thanks. mtFbwy

18. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    Watch how horrible the Rancor scene is, compared to what they can do now(Frodo vs Her)

God they better fix that scene. And how cartoony the lightsaber blades look compared to the PT's.

19. Speedy_Lube

Speedy_Lube Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2002

Watch (or rather listen to) this: When Luke is brought to Vader on Endor, Vader says "Good work, Commander". Ever realized there wasn't much work involved in bringing somebody who surrendered to Vader? A friend just noticed it and I couldn't stop laughing

You know what though, after Empire Strikes Back, I think he was just glad they got something right. I mean, by the end of ESB he had even given up killing them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.