main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm Your What (A What-if) -- continued

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediGaladriel, May 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Wow. That was beautiful... almost heartbreaking, really. It reminded me so much of the unmasking in ROTJ. (Which makes sense in a way, considering Luke does have his mother's mentality.) Her willing to see him like that... it says so much about the bond between them. Another beautiful job with the Vader/Amidala interaction.

2. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Terrific addition!

I, too, love the Vader/Amidala interaction. I also love the strength given Amidala in all the fanfic. She's easily a favorite character for just about everyone.

3. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    I think I'm going to cry.....OK you got me crying. That was so beautiful.

I just realized something, back at the begining of the original page whenever Luke and Qui Gon (sp?) had just met Qui Gon asked Luke who his master was and Luke kind of evaded the question. So is Qui Gon going to press him on it or just forget it?

4. Vee

Vee Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 16, 2000
    He didn't evade the question, he nodded toward Obi-Wan in answer. At that time, they were trying to interfere with the timeline as little as possible, so Luke didn't want Obi to know.

5. SithAbigail

SithAbigail Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    Okay, quick note. I had Rabé knowing that because the way I figure, these Handmaidens are the best of the best. It's not that hard to find a petite female with brown hair and brown eyes. Once you've done that, you can start hunting for ones that are genuises, have photographic meomories or are martial arts masters. Whatever works for the Queen

6. Mistress Sudafed

Mistress Sudafed Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    This is absolutely one of the best stories I've ever read (besides mine )(um, I do read alot, so this is one of the best fanfics ) I absolutely NEED Luke/Vader stories, they're like my heroin, only more addictive and way more fun!
    (Isn't my apprentice great?! )

7. Darth Padme

Darth Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 1999
    That was so beautiful! Very moving, the interaction between Ami and Vader, I think I'm gonna cry! It does remind me alot of the end of RoTJ. So sad, but is there hope? This is one of the best fics I've read, and you are my favorite author. All of your stories are consistently excellent and emotionally moving. Always keep writing! Keep up the good work. Looking foward to seeing more soon!

8. Queen Amidala

Queen Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 1999
    I understand how you feel Mistress Sudafed, I'm addicted too. I really can't get enough Vader and Luke stories or Ani/Ami romance stories.

My first reaction to the Ami/Ani scene: Whoa that was dense! (In other words, made me feel bubbly and put a tear in my eyes)

9. Lilu

Lilu Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    OK that's it!
    I'm official adicted. I MUST have more Padme/Vader scenes.

- blinking a tear from the corner my eye -

10. SithAbigail

Apr 6, 2000
    ::waves::
    I'm offically stuck on what to do, writers bock has become a wall and encircled my house
    Just a warning that I may not post today... Unless someone gives me an idea.

11. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    You could do Obi's reaction to Qui Gon giving Luke or Anikan so much attention.

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    What about Leia's feelings about her missing mother?

13. Vee

Jan 16, 2000
    A very short post, with a mini-cliffhanger -- and I hate cliffhangers. I'm a big fan of resolution; that's why I got into fanfiction in the first place.

Anyway.

-----

Her mother was lost to the misery of the desert. The exact details were unknown, but that was the one certainty afforded Leia, and it frightened her beyond anything she'd ever felt before.

Luke and Qui-Gon stood high above her, and she wished desperately for that same sort of instant mentorship, or at the very least an immediate return to the Falcon. Just an escape from the very frightening possibility that this trip was not part of the original timeline, and her very existence might be on the verge of being erased -- that was all she wanted. She surveyed the scene about her -- Lando was bantering lightly with the Nubian Queen, Obi-Wan swung a lightsaber about with a sense of furious haste she didn't quite think was Jedi-like.

Anakin stared sourly in the direction of the city they'd just fled from. Everything came to her in a rush. The story upon story of this child's future as a very powerful Jedi connected with his initial, very visible fear for her mother. Perhaps even at this young age he has that same sense of the future that Luke does?

She bit her lip, shut her eyes, and willed everything to be right when her eyes opened.

I hope something hasn't happened.

Images of sand and sameness flooded her vision, and Anakin Skywalker turned around as if he heard her screaming, and blinked.

14. Jedi Skysong

Jedi Skysong Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    Just managed to snatch some time and drop in...

<Skysong reads the new posts...and starts bawling at the Ami/Vader scene>

SOB!!!! AUGH!! You guys are SO good. Love the Ami/Vader scene. Love the Luke-angst scene. Why did I NOT see this in the official SW books and films!

'scuse me, must go hunt down some tissues.

More!!

15. Vee

Jan 16, 2000
    Another short post. Feel free to pick this up and run with it, guys; I don't know when I'll be able to get back to it.

-----

Anakin had been staring at the city for a long time. He wasn't dead -- he didn't know how his older self had survived the betrayal Leia had spoken of, and he was certain no-one really knew enough to tell him -- and Padmé had found him.

It was the strangest feeling. It came to him in the same way he'd ordered the guard, or flown a Pod, or known that something was about to happen back on the Queen's ship. But this Force wasn't just a tool that he used now, it felt like it was using him. It found him whenever it pleased: in Watto's shop, on the Imperial ship.

He was so focused on the unnameable that, when something understandable did find its way to him, he was startled out of his skin.

"I hope something hasn't happened."

He turned around to see Leia, staring out where he had stared. She looked more than a little startled to see that he had turned around.

"She's all right," he said tiredly.

Leia's voice was barely at a whisper. "How do you know that?"

"I just do."

16. Queenie

Queenie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2000
    More!!!!!!!

17. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Guys, I'm spotty on internet time, and complete brain dead from fighting with the phone company. I'll be back in a couple of days; someone please follow up on Vee's scenes! I don't remember what consensus we came to on Leia's back story.

18. SithAbigail

Apr 6, 2000
    Not exactly a Vee follow-up but ohh well...
    Rabé was exhausted. Her entire body fault like it would crumble to dust if she was so much as tapped. She had been kept up all night, answering the Emperor's questions as she deigned fit. Not the smartest move, as she had found out later.

Apparently, the Emporer liked to play with his "guests". When he had gotten bored of her apparent insolence (Not that she considered it insolence, but hey, she was willing to give on this) he had force-pushed her into a wall, happily talking about that if she did that again, he'd have her dissected while she was still alive.

A guard had picked her up and carefully dropped her onto the floor in some cell. A bed-less cell. It seemed like they were going for sleep deprivation.

The worst thing of it all was that Rabé had the awful feeling he was someone she had met before. She wasn't sure who, she had met many people, but someone who'd she had known long enough to make an impression.

Finally, she grew tired enough that the dank, hard floor just didn't matter and she fell into a turbulent sleep.

"I'm sorry, your Sithness. I truly am." Rabé smirked and ignored the signs Eirtaé was giving her to say sorry. Sorry? She was a lady of Naboo and she did not apologize to men who had too much self worth.

The Emporer raised a hand, after that she just knew pain. She was up against the wall, being slammed while tiny invisible pins stuck her. Over and over again, she was in throbbing pain, crying out in terror to unwavering ears. "Sorry! Sorry! I swear, by the Gods, I'm sorry!"

Just as suddenly as it had begun, it stopped.

"You've learned your lesson, haven't you? It's one that will serve you well in years to come, dear. Be warned though, you do this again and I will cut you open piece by piece while you're awake enough to seen it done. I can get my information about the Jedi and Queen just as easily from that method. Now go!"

A red armored guard picked her up and cradled the thrashing handmaiden in his arms. "I'll take her to her cell, Emporer Palpatine...."

She woke up, sweat glistening on her face. It was later, she knew that much but she still hadn't gotten enough sleep. She had a sinking feeling though, that she wouldn't be getting enough sleep for a very long time.

Trying to get her mind off what had happened, her mind clung to one thing. Palpatine and the strangely familiar voice.

No. No, it couldn't be. Rabé realized with a jolt that she had to get to the Queen before she was tricked. It would be simple after all. The kindly old Senator goes to the Queen, claiming he was in hiding. Before she knew what had happened....

Nothing was happening. Rabé was getting to her Queen, and quickly. Just as soon as she could get to Eirtaé, they were out.
    More later, I have a group oral report due soon and I'm trying to get information so the group won't F it. I *really* hate being the responsible one.

19. Vee

Jan 16, 2000
    Yeah, what she said. Just pick up the thread and run with it.

I don't know when I'll be back; I applied for a job today and got it on the spot. A few days, to get into a new routine (I thought being awake at five was bad; now I'll have to be at work then).

20. Vee

Jan 16, 2000
    Yay Abby! (You posted while I was posting.)

You go show that project who's boss. I've been there. (Always with the projects ... !)

21. SithAbigail

Apr 6, 2000
    The Emporer shifted impatiently, waiting for Maul to arrive. He had forgotten that Maul had always been late. Glorifying the dead, he supposed. Maul, after all, had been the first in a long line of many who had died for him.

Not the last, though. if he had it his way, there would never have to be a last.

After a few minutes, Maul arrived, tilting his head as though he was a Master giving judgment At least Vader can't make annoying facial expressions.

Thinking of Vader, Palpatine hadn't felt his apprentice's mental presence in a while. A little odd but Vader had been doing that of more and more oft lately. Palpatine gave him free rein though because he would come back. Rebellious apprentices always did.

Moving on, Palpatine was growing bored and he needed something to liven this situation. A fight between his two apprentices, perhaps? The son of Skywalker was on Tatooine somewhere, he could set that fight up rather well.

Deciding to search Vader's mind for a fun game, he let his mind travel the distance. A few seconds later, he drew back in disgust. No. He was not feeling good intentions! He was not! Ooh, by the Sith, Vader was caring! Feeling friendship!

I did not spend all this time working on Vader just to be foiled!

"Go Maul. Go and get the prisoners. We have business to take care of."

"Yes, Master. Including the Gungan?

"If I hadn't wanted him, I would have said so. Were you always so needy, Maul?"

Darth Maul stalked out, putting his shields up tight.

The Emporer smirked and got off his throne, preparing to go look for his rarely used mask. It covered his scars, his wrinkles, his face. It was the toll that the Dark Side had taken and he had paid it gladly. Still, a mask would be best in this situation.

It will be a much sweeter kill if the mother of Skywalker believes she has been betrayed by an old friend... Takes away her hoper rather nicely. As it is, I know everything I must in order to defeat these Jedi. Holding her cannot help me. It can only hurt me.

And, unlike some people, I know when to cut my losses.

Unfortunately for Vader, that girl-Queen just had it coming.
    Obi-Wan woke from a restless sleep. Something was wrong. He knew it, felt it in every inch of his body. He was tingling, he felt alive, he was elated, in pain, everything he had ever felt at once.

Obi-Wan had never felt anything like this but it was safe to say that it was a bad omen.

Something was amiss, something was very, very off. Yet, Qui-Gon and that annoying Luke, I'm a Jedi at only twenty-one, Skywalker seemed fine. They would know if something was going to happen, wouldn't they?

Hopefully.

Nothing was going to hapen here. Lando was at sentry duty and he didn't seem to think anything was amiss. The Captain may not have had Jedi senses but he seemed the type to know what was going on around him.

Still.. Obi-Wan walked over to Lando, motioning for him to quit.

"It's not your turn yet, kid." Lando's voice sounded sleepy, it was probably a good thing he had come over.

He tried not to take offense at the kid remark (He was 24, thank-you-very-much!) and spoke quietly. "I can't sleep."

"Whatever." Lando turned to go to the small campsite but looked over his shoulder. "Thanks, alright?"

Obi-Wan nodded and just stared at the stars, waiting for something that might not come.

22. Mistress Sudafed

Mistress Sudafed Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    WOW eek.gif That was DAMN good!!!! eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif My apprentice to the rescue!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Jealous? Obi's Jealous. rolleyes.gif
    More story. Please.

24. Darth Padme

Darth Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 1999
    Great post! Looking foward to the next one.

25. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    This one's pretty brief, just to get Vader's take on what happened.
    --------------
    Vader watched the closing of his chamber under she was completely obscured by the thick metallic walls, then ripped the emergency breather out of his mouth with enough force to cut his lip. He tasted his own blood, and spit it out. Poison.

He could still feel her kiss resting on his forehead, an exotic bird perched in the branches of the energy between them. He remembered other kisses, other caresses, bright and gleaming beacons in the dark of the night, awakening the desires of a body that no longer existed, a heart seared beyond normal functioning, a soul long ago sold. The girl outside... she was his friend. The woman she would become was his

(angel)

life, and the only part of his soul that nothing had been able to erase.

She was Amidala, but she was also, in some ways, Anakin, or, at the very least, she carried him with her. Vader had silenced his old voice as thoroughly as he could over the years, refusing to hear his name, refusing to acknowledge his past. But when Amidala re-entered his world, his name, the name he had spent two decades building, became as much a mask as the one that covered his face. And she did it without even trying.

She makes you weak.

(i don't feel weak)

She steals your anger.

(glad to get rid of it for a little while)

And with it, your power.

(nononono)

But, to the last, there was no real answer. Vader knew that he could not draw on the apparently endless reservoir of fire if he did not recapture his anger.

She shouldn't have come. She had no right to follow, and certainly not to kiss me...

It didn't work.

That's because you know, in your wretched excuse for a heart, that it started before she came back. Before she followed, before she saw, before she kissed. You know that.

He did know it. He'd been weary since Bespin. Since at last he'd shared the whole truth with Luke.

Now, they are both here, on this world. I don't stand a chance against both of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.