Amph [Image Heavy] Marvel: THE HEROIC AGE

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by JoinTheSchwarz, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Doesn't stop them from mutating him into...something else...every few years. Its getting old.
  2. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    The Heroic Age officially started this week with Invincible Iron Man #25. I haven't read it yet but I noticed that it had a big Heroic Age banner across the top.

Also of interest to Marvel fans this week, a long time X-Man was killed off in X-Force #26: Nightcrawler died after Bastion (a half-sentinel cyborg guy) intercepted his teleportation and Kurt wound up with Bastions arm stuck in his chest. He had just enough time to teleport himself and Hope Summers to safety before succumbing to his wounds.It was a VERY well written book and a fitting ending for the character. But this being comics, I'm sure it won't be the last we hear of them.
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Damn- he was the reason I started reading comics, even if I no longer read the X-titles regularly anymore.
  4. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    I find his death to be rather ill timed as he only just discovered that nature of the black-ops missions Wolverine and X-Force had been performing behind everyone's back. I would have liked to have seen more fallout from that, and perhaps see Kurt distance himself from Scott and Logan, even possibly forming different team that honoured a more noble and righteous path. Of course this was entirely my own theory about what could have happened but I can't help but feel like we've lost an interesting story possibility. Not to mention, death means nothing in X-Men and its only a matter of time before someone sees fit to bring him back. As much as it breaks my heart to lose him, the best thing Marvel could do for themselves is keep him dead.
  5. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    The problem is that no one has really known what to do with Kurt for a while. They keep playing him back and forth with his faith, going from ardent X-soldier to priest and back again at the drop of a hat. Then combine that with a few more teleporters who aren't as limited as he is, and you have a character that no longer fits as well in the main X-line.
  6. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I suspect they've been planning to kill him since at the very least Messiah Complex, hence the lack on any kind of developement for him. I'll miss him, he was one of my favorite X-Men.

Ah well. Jason Aaron's eulogy issue should be great.
  7. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Yeah, he's been rumored to be on the chopping block for quite some time. I remember hearing that when Dan Slott took over writing Mighty Avengers after Secret Invasion he wanted to bring Kurt onto the team but Fraction and the X-office wouldn't let him go because they were "using him" in Uncanny X-Men where he was basically a background character. He's always been one of my favorites too but we all know he'll be back in a few years anyway. How long did Colossus' death last? 5 years? His eventual resurrection will definetly be interesting considering his strong Catholic beliefs.
  8. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I read Invincible Iron Man this week- little weird to already be reading material set post-Siege with Siege not yet over (they did the same thing with Deadpool Corps/Merc With a Mouth, come to think of it), though I get that they wanted it on the shelves for IM2's release, it's still weird.

Also- what the hell happened to Reed's forehead/hairline in that one panel? [face_laugh]
  9. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Mighty Avengers #36 has some spoilers about Siege #4, by the way.
  10. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    It wasn't the only book. Siege #4's delay is starting to show.
  11. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Avengers #1 is out today. Looks like they're trying to convince me to watch that Next Avengers DVD I thought I could ignore.
  12. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    The explanation in Avengers #1 is basically the entire DVD plot
  13. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I wonder if they're going to retcon James into being Bucky and Widow's son instead of Steve Rogers and Widow's son. [face_thinking]
  14. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't even remember the characters in that movie, except for Lolita Thor
  15. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    So... Avengers #2 and... extradimensional Apocalypse and Four Horsemen??? Man.
  16. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Nothing says "Avengers" like an X-Men villain!
  17. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Eh. Wolverine is in the team. I want X-Men and Spider-Man baddies in Avengers.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Apparently Tony Stark has taken a page off Rip Hunter's book. This spread from the upcoming Avengers #5 teases future storylines all along the Marvel Universe:

[image=http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1284757544.jpg]

Interesting stuff I can see:

Return of the King
    Night Falls
    Iron Lad returns
    Fear without Man (Shadowland related?)
    What's in the Rings?? (return of Mandarin, perhaps?)
    Nova Antiquus
    Yesterday's X-Men
    Galactus Seed
    Schizm (sic)
    All hope lies in Doom (already hinted in F4)
    Steve's Vision (from Capain America Reborn, probably)
    Ultron War
    Scorched Earth?
  19. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah that was interesting. Three was in there, also five lights, hope returns, and who is worthy.
  20. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    While that page is very cool it comes from an alternate future so any future events can be taken with a grain of salt. It's actually pretty clever on Bendis and JRJR's part because now Marvel can pick and choose which of these events they want to use.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.