main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Image Site Maps

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I know basic HTML and use to know a little bit of Advanced HTML long, long time ago. What I would like to know is for someone to explain to me how do you turn image(s) into an interactive site map? You know, a image that has multiple links.

Oh and what is a good webpage builder program?

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
  3. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Another way is to split the image up and rearrange it via a table for example and then link to the image. You can even use image rollovers.

As far as programs, Dreamwerver is in a class by itself. I also use TextPad (Notepad is just to crappy and featureless for my taste).

4. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    For this work and web dev in general, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Fireworks just can't be beat.

With Fireworks, you can create an big image, easily add rollover and click effects and then export to HTML. It does all the work of slicing up the images, compressing with the optimal file format, writes the javascript and outputs all the files.

Then you can use Dreamweaver to edit further adding all sorts of application functions and content. Great stuff. :)
    Even for ASP work, I prefer Dreamweaver over Microsoft's tools. (though I haven't gone to .NET at the point.)

Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.