main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Reference Image Sizes

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Penguinator, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager star 6 Staff Member Manager

May 23, 2005
    CS forthcoming, but you guys can't scale those images down?

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    OOC: Actually mine got enlarge, where it comes from it is about 2/3 that size. So. . .yeah.

3. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    OOC: Peng if you want to edit my post, just pop the link there instead. It was just too badass not to have in its full glory for a couple of hours at least.

4. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: Actually the boards do enlarge pictures, at least from what I put on display. I assumed you were aware of that issue. My original OP had pics in it which were almost 125% their size when positing them up here. I think the same goes for my sisters pic above. I know that pic, but I have never seen it THAT large. Maybe the program looks for the biggest version available, like google does?

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Jul 13, 2008
    Mod Privilege OOC: They are precisely their real size vs. when you open them in a separate window - html inspection confirms it. It's possible the sizing inaccuracy is due to some scaling issues in view settings somewhere - either on other folks' ends or the temp boards had a reducing algorithm, though I find the latter unlikely.

If I may offer a suggestion - imgur has smart scaling options, and is extremely user friendly. I'd be happy to rehost the largest images on that site - it's "nicer" from a moderating perspective to use either imgur or photobucket anyway, as hotlinks getting axed can do... weird things, so it's no trouble at all.

6. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: but actually don´t we have a tech-issue server or something for such discussions? This is CS approval stage, people are meant to look at this part of the game later and find CSes to reference. Therefore I would not object getting all these posts above not having a CS in them pushed into a thread that has any connection to picture sizes and out of my game, please.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Jul 13, 2008
    Sir_Draco Can do.

Mod Action: Posts migrated to this thread in compliance with RPF Rules and GM request.

8. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2007
    Short remark. All Germans: Aria, our special browser is resizing images. You get no idea what they will look like here from using it.

9. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I would have shopp'd mine down and re-uploaded it, but it was some kid from deviantart, and I didn't want to ask for permission to save it. Some members there are quite particular about that sort of thing.

10. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I dunno, mine are fine. Just sized them for Castaways, everything worked fine.

11. Penguinator

Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager star 6 Staff Member Manager

May 23, 2005
    This is my mistake; I apologize, I didn't mean to derail things.

12. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Don´t worry Peng, just wanted to keep "off-topic" ooc to a minimum on the important first pages, you know.