main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Image Sizes

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Penguinator, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    CS forthcoming, but you guys can't scale those images down?

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    OOC: Actually mine got enlarge, where it comes from it is about 2/3 that size. So. . .yeah.

3. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    OOC: Peng if you want to edit my post, just pop the link there instead. It was just too badass not to have in its full glory for a couple of hours at least.

4. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: Actually the boards do enlarge pictures, at least from what I put on display. I assumed you were aware of that issue. My original OP had pics in it which were almost 125% their size when positing them up here. I think the same goes for my sisters pic above. I know that pic, but I have never seen it THAT large. Maybe the program looks for the biggest version available, like google does?

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Mod Privilege OOC: They are precisely their real size vs. when you open them in a separate window - html inspection confirms it. It's possible the sizing inaccuracy is due to some scaling issues in view settings somewhere - either on other folks' ends or the temp boards had a reducing algorithm, though I find the latter unlikely.

If I may offer a suggestion - imgur has smart scaling options, and is extremely user friendly. I'd be happy to rehost the largest images on that site - it's "nicer" from a moderating perspective to use either imgur or photobucket anyway, as hotlinks getting axed can do... weird things, so it's no trouble at all.

6. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: but actually don´t we have a tech-issue server or something for such discussions? This is CS approval stage, people are meant to look at this part of the game later and find CSes to reference. Therefore I would not object getting all these posts above not having a CS in them pushed into a thread that has any connection to picture sizes and out of my game, please.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sir_Draco Can do.

Mod Action: Posts migrated to this thread in compliance with RPF Rules and GM request.

8. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Short remark. All Germans: Aria, our special browser is resizing images. You get no idea what they will look like here from using it.

9. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I would have shopp'd mine down and re-uploaded it, but it was some kid from deviantart, and I didn't want to ask for permission to save it. Some members there are quite particular about that sort of thing.

10. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I dunno, mine are fine. Just sized them for Castaways, everything worked fine.

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    This is my mistake; I apologize, I didn't mean to derail things.

12. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Don´t worry Peng, just wanted to keep "off-topic" ooc to a minimum on the important first pages, you know.