main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Imagine if you will...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by ask-the-younglings, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Someone with some knowledge of geometric shapes.

They overhear a conversation about an icosahedron...

"Oh look, it has three sides"

The person intervenes to say:

"No. That's just a triangle. The icosahedron is made of 20 triangles that form a 3 dimensional shape."

The response?

"It has three sides. One, Two, Three"

Then...

~points to the edges of some other triangles of which the shape is comprised~

"Look these are other 'sides' - I beseech you, look at the whole shape"

Response?

"Those aren't sides. You're looking in the wrong place. Look - there are the sides: one, two, three. The icosahedron has three sides"

Look, it drives me mad, the threads always get locked anyway, and YJCC is meant to be a social board and propaganda ain't a means of social interaction. Why don't we all take a deep breath...

...and send anything political to the Senate?

I know I've raised the issue before, but it keeps raising it's ugly head.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Look, it drives me mad, the threads always get locked anyway, and YJCC is meant to be a social board and propaganda ain't a means of social interaction. Why don't we all take a deep breath...

...and send anything political to the Senate?

Let's not. There's nothing wrong with reasonable political discussion in the JCC. It just depends on whether people post appropriately. The Senate was never meant to remove political discussion from the JCC, and I'll do what I can to keep it from happening.

3. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    The Senate's too uptight for some fun political discussion.

4. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    The Senate's too uptight for some fun political discussion.

That's what I've always thought. The JCC is perfect for light-hearted political discussion. But if there's too much or it gets too heated, there's no reason why the mods shouldn't lock it down and even cut out all political discussion for a bit.

Amazing.

5. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Yup. There's nothing wrong with having some thought provoking discussion in the JCC. It's not that hard to watch a thread and move it to the Senate if need be.

6. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I usually try not to open political threads that I sense will incite some anger, knowing of course, that I'll just go on to say something stupid or other. As I'm sure we all well know, Coruscant's not the most clearheaded debater. ;)

A lot of it, I think, lies in knowing what I want, and knowing what will just irritate me to no end.

Then, of course, when I want to be entertained with humor, sarcasm, and witty remarks, I'll actually open a thread of this kin in the JCC usually, or I'll skive over to the Senate Floor when I want to enjoy a smart debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.