main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Imagining a 'Clone Wars' trilogy set between II and III

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ANAKINSKYWEEZER, Feb 22, 2013.

1. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

ANAKINSKYWEEZER Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    I understand that your intent is to focus the trilogy on Anakin. I agree that the Clovis trilogy was probably the weakest of the four arcs (I can't believe I actually enjoyed the Mace/Jar-Jar stuff more!), as the characterizations and motivations of Anakin and Padme in this arc were disappointing at best. If they had been better executed, this arc would certainly be worthy of inclusion in one of the films, given the fact that it also brings closure to the Clovis character.

It would be great if you could find a way to incorporate some material from the Order 66 and Yoda arcs, however. Anakin plays a pretty big part in the Order 66 arc (which could probably be edited down to two episodes, running time-wise) as well as the first episode of the Yoda arc, with him off on a mission with Obi-Wan.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    ANAKINSKYWEEZER yeah, I thought if any of them the Clovis arc would have been the one I'd have to include, but since it turned out not so hot I was saved from that. I'm fine with keeping unlikeable whiny emo Anakin and his less-than-healthy relationship with Padme in the PT.

I intend to rewatch all the arcs soon (I've already rewatched some but still intend to rewatch all again soon) and I will keep your suggestion in mind, but to be honest I doubt that I'll change my mind. Anakin did have a significant role in the Order 66 arc, but he has a significant role in many of the arcs I like but wasn't able to squeeze into my Clone Wars Trilogy. It's not about Anakin simply being there, it's about how the larger story at hand impacts him personally. The Order 66 arc is really good but as far as I recall it doesn't make any big statements about Anakin as a character or display the evolution of his character I can use for the larger Clone Wars Trilogy.

Now Anakin and Obi-Wan in The Lost One is slightly more likely but still doubtful. I was willing use episodes that show them together without Ahsoka just for the sake of getting that time in of them being good friends that was so absent from the PT. But because I already approached putting the trilogy together that way, I feel I already have that base completely covered. I don't need to use all of their scenes in Cat & Mouse and The Hidden Enemy before introducing Ahsoka in The New Padawan, but I am because like giving the duo as much screen time as possible. This is the same reason why when I wanted to figure a way to trim down Geonosis I ruled out removing Legacy of Terror. So I already have these examples, plus they all already fit into larger arcs. In comparison The Lost One seems kind of awkward by itself.

If you have any thoughts on how to use this stuff and fit into the larger character arc I'd like to discuss them but this is basically my starting point.

3. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

Feb 18, 2003
    It would be nice to incorporate something from Season 6 just to say that all six seasons of the series were included. :)

4. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

Feb 18, 2003
    Dark Lord Tarkas, what do you think of the idea of editing together some of the Lost Missions material with the final season of the Tartakovsky shorts? I think Anakin's journey to save the Nelvan Warriors is a great story arc for he and Obi-Wan and you could also throw some of the Order 66/Sifo-Dyas stuff in there, too. It would probably necessitate adding another movie which is against the whole concept of the trilogy and the animation styles are completely different, but just for curiosity's sake, how would you do it?

5. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I've abandoned the idea of a trilogy because there is just too much good material in the six seasons.
    At the moment I'm looking at 6 to 9 movies.

My first fanedit film is almost complete.
    Episode I: A Galaxy Divided.
    It's an edit of Cat and Mouse, The Hidden Enemy and the Clone Wars Movie.
    I've removed the clone traitor aspect of the Hidden Enemy and left it implied that Ventress infiltrated the Republic defences on her own.
    I've altered the Movie storyline too. Dooku is still engineering the plot, but the Republic go to Teth looking for Master Rapaul and find Jabba by accident. (Jabba going to the Republic for help is just ridiculous). This will then run smoothly into Episode II: Rise of the Bounty hunters, which will include the Holocron Arc.
    I've edited Ahsoka a lot (Sky Huy, Artooiee and Snips have been removed, along with a lot of the bickering with Anakin) and I've removed the Battle Droid slapstick.

Here is my trailer

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    smudger9 awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad someone is pursuing a project like this right now. I have fun trying to piece it all together but there's no way I could try to actually make it right now, though I hope to at some point in the undetermined future. I'm really excited to check this out once you're done with the first film. It will be so great to see this without "Sky-Guy"s and "Artooie"s and all the atrocious battle droid "humor" and edited into film format. I can tell already how it will feel even more like real Star Wars.

How many of these films do you have ideas for and how many do you have fully planned out? Do you know exactly what you're doing for your Episode II yet?

ANAKINSKYWEEZER I will answer that in this thread soon after some more rewatches! That could be done and I already have an idea or two on how to do it. It would be kind of cool too since in case you forgot my Attack of the Clones fan-edit aside from the Clone Wars Trilogy is about the last third of the actual AOTC, all the Anakin and/or Obi-Wan stuff from micro series volume one, and ending with Anakin becoming a Jedi Knight from the very beginning of micro series volume two, so looping back to the end of the micro series after the Clone Wars Trilogy would be a very satisfying completion for my OCD. :D

7. smudger9

May 29, 2007

How are you getting on with your project?
    My Clone Wars movie edit is coming along and half of it is completely finished. The other half is cut, but needs ironing out and I need to see if I can find sufficient dialogue to change the plot of the film.
    In addition to the trailer above I've now posted 2 clips from the edit.

This is the opening five minutes, which I've done in the classical Star Wars format complete with Fox Fanfare, Scrolling text and Space panning.

The second is the sequence that shows the level of editing I'm going for. Its the sequence where Anakin and Ahsoka attempt to land on Tatooine. The sequence had far too much annoying dialogue.

I'm still not too sure about episode 2 yet. Infact, I've still not decided whether to make this episode 2 and put in an episode 1 without Ahsoka (Mandalore, Aspects of Zilo beast, aspects of Death Trap, Clone Cadets, Rookies and ARC Troopers.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    smudger9 that first video was taken down. The second one looks really promising though!! You did a really smooth editing job, if you hadn't told me it was heavily edited I never would have guessed. Are you fancy enough to separate the music from the dialogue and that's why the music always sounds smooth? This is really promising. Are you trying to focus on Ahsoka? The focus of my Clone Wars Trilogy is definitely Anakin. I think Zillo Beast is a great choice because it's a great set-up episode for Anakin's relationship with the Jedi Council and Palpatine, being strongly loyal to both even when the two clashed before the Council starts screwing with him.

9. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    I'm working on an alternative host for the clip. Watch this space.

The editing for that scene was pretty tricky. Unfortunately you can't separate the audio on the movie. The TV series has the music in a discreet audio channel, making it easy. I had to edit the sound at discrete points to ensure that it was smooth for the scene transitions.

I actually hated the Zilo beast but the arc is brilliant for the Mace/Anakin/Palpatine relationship.

I'm not focusing on Ahsoka, just taking he best bits of the series, but I'm trying to build in Anakin's relationships with the council and with Palpatine if I can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Ok, I've used an alternate source for my opening sequence.

Here it is

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd make a trilogy about the Sith and the Empire. Delve into the histories and the thinking of the characters and dare to show they are people too. I despise the 'accepted' they are Evil so they don't need development line that seems very common. War shouldn't be easy and no matter which side you're on you are still dealing with *people* with *emotions*. The 'Dark Ones' deserve to be finally seen as whole people.

12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Y'know watching that clip, it strikes me that a defending fleet arrayed in front of a planet that the attacking fleet wants to take intact, is in a highly advantageous position, due to the problem of shots missing. And there are likely to be a lot of missed shots. It means the attackers can't just dial their HTLs to full power and let rip, because missed shots would hit the planet and annihilate whole cities and country-sized areas. But the defenders, firing at the attacking fleet with only space behind them, have no such constraint.

Unless the attacking fleet has their HTL's set to flakburst at a predetermined range (the range of the enemy ships for example) which would solve this problem.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    smudger9 yeah I didn't know if there was a program out there that could separate the two. In a way I'm glad to hear it though because I'm going to have to do it that way too so it's really good to know it can be done as well as you have done it in that video. To answer your question from the previous post, if some things go the right way for me this year I'll probably be able to start it next year. But in the meantime I still have my detailed outline to complete, though really the hardest work with that is done, which is the minute-by-minute breakdowns of episodes I only use certain parts of, which I do practically none of in the last film. You're right on to mention Mace's role in the Zillo arc because obviously he has a pretty unique relationship with Anakin in the films and over the course of TCW, and I definitely play that to the max in my Clone Wars Trilogy. And I'm also glad to hear you're not focusing on Ahsoka!

ANAKINSKYWEEZER sorry for taking so long, and I won't do a minute-by-minute breakdown, but I think I have a pretty good idea for a bonus Clone Wars film that could be made using stuff from The Lost Missions. Basically it would be an intertwined narrative following Anakin, except not the Clovis arc because I don't think it's that good. I would include almost all of The Lost One except I'd probably take out the Jedi confirming they know the Sith created the clone army if possible because I'm not crazy about that. Then I would go to an edited version of the Order 66 arc that only followed Anakin's story and ended with Anakin heading back to Coruscant. Then, I would go to a heavily edited version of Voices that would start with Yoda hearing from Qui-Gon and then have only the scenes with Anakin up until Yoda leaves. After Yoda leaves, it would go back to the Order 66 arc. Since Anakin is still on Coruscant, it segues well into Fives getting to Coruscant and the end of that arc - again edited to focus on Anakin as the main character rather than Fives (so basically all of the middle two episodes would be skipped). Then the film would end with the very end of the Yoda arc where he returns to Coruscant. It wouldn't have my favorite scenes from S6 which is all the stuff Yoda goes and does on his own, but I think it could be a cool narrative following Anakin at the very end of the war after Ahsoka is gone and before the micro series segues into Ep. III. And I think if I were to make just one movie for myself, it would be the three Mortis episodes followed by the four S6 Yoda episodes.

14. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    The software doesn't specifically separate out dialogue and music. The editing software takes the 5.1 sound and separates out the 6 channels. It all depends on how the sound has been put onto the source disc. For most scenes the dialogue is on a single channel, but there are also sound effects and music on that channel, so by removing that channel you lose other sound too. Some sources have the music on a single channel, allowing you to easily remove it. The Clone Wars Movie does not have this but the TV series does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    I've now finalised the first part of my Clone Wars film saga, I've gone for a 9-film strategy.

The first four episodes will be from the first three and a half seasons, before the models changed, leaving 5 films to follow the model change, the last of which will be the order 66 and Yoda arcs from the bonus content.

I was originally toying with the idea of episode 1 being pre-Ahsoka, but there simply wasn't enough quality, Ahsoka-free story lines to do this adequately and it would have involved using the Kamino storyline, which I needed to follow on from the Christophsis arc having decided to eliminate the Jabba plot from the film.

So my current plan is:

Episode 1: Army of the Republic
    Cat and mouse
    Hidden enemy (clone traitor story removed)
    Christophsis part of the Movie
    Grievous intrigue
    The deserter (deserter story removed)
    Clone Cadets
    Rookies
    ARC Troopers
    [added in scene from assassin to explain Ahsoka's absence after Christophsis.

This movie has a big focus on the clones, which are a major focus of TCW. It shows Anakin and Obi Wan fighting together as friends in three separate battles.

Ahsoka's part in this movie is very small. She is introduced, helps Anakin destroy the shield and then returns with him to the Jedi Temple where she remains to "complete her studies".

Anakin is shown as a hero in this movie. He defeats Trench, saves the Republic on Christophsis, rescues Eeth Koth and defeats Ventress on Kamino.

The Villains are more of a threat. Trench initially repels the Republic at Christophsis, Ventress outwits the Jedi on Christophsis, Grievous defeats Eeth Koth and the Battles of Christophsis and Kamino establish the battle droids as a credible threat.

Episode 2: A New Threat
    Zillo Beast (with the Zillo removed)
    Death Trap
    R2 Come home
    Cloak of Darkness
    Lair of Grievous
    Malevolence Trilogy

In this episode Anakin is more of a focus than Obi-Wan, and there is a lot of time dedicated to the Anakin-Mace relationship with glimpses of the Chancellor's influence on Anakin.

Ahsoka is more prominent than in Episode 1, and we learn a bit about her background. She is shown to be very inexperienced - getting outwitted by Gunray and isn't deemed competent enough to pilot her own ship. I will cut out a lot of her "attitude", especially in Cloak of Darkness.

A lot of new Jedi feature in this episode - Luminara, Fisto and Plo Koon, giving it a broader feel.

The villains again maintain their threat - Ventress defeats Luminara, rescues Gunray and Grievous defeats 2 Jedi. I've also altered the Boba arc so that Boba is more menacing, takes a more active part in the attack on Mace and shows no regrets about his actions. By not including Lethal Trackdown it means that Boba isn't captured and Slave 1 isn't destroyed. The negative is that I can't include the Hondo/Aurra interaction, which I love.
    Dooku also gets more screen time, but has no hands on role.

Episode 3: A Galaxy Divided
    Mandalore Trilogy
    Geonosis Arc
    Duchess of Mandalore and Senate Spy are intercut
    Legacy of Terror and Brain Invaders are intercut

This episode focuses a lot on Anakin's emotions. He explores Obi-Wan's past relationship with Satine, struggles in his relationship with Padme due to anger and jealousy, and it shows his strong attachment to Ahsoka.
    This is Ahsoka's coming of age episode. Upto this point she has been more of a peripheral figure, but in the second half of the movie she becomes much more of a focus and saves the day.
    There are a lot of links here to AOTC, with the reference to Jango Fett and a return to Geonosis.

Episode 4: Rise of the Bounty Hunters
    Supply Lines (Ryloth scenes only)
    Ryloth Trilogy
    Evil Plans (heavily edited)
    Hostage Crisis (heavily edited to make it look like a distraction event)
    Holocron Heist
    Cargo of Doom
    Children of the Force
    Hunt for Ziro (Bane scenes only)

Less focus on Anakin in this episode, but there is reinforcement of his attachment to Ahsoka and his unwillingness to let her die.
    Ahsoka's development continues, but more in a negative light, getting away from the 'Mary Sue' she was often portrayed as in TCW. She is given her first solo mission but subsequently fails spectacularly. She also gets outwitted by Bane.

Once I've completed these four episodes, I'll then move on to episodes 5 to 9.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I know that no one else is going to be excited about this, but I am so damn excited about it that I'm posting it about here anyway. While I was finishing up my final assignments for current classes last week I decided to throw on the episodes of TCW that make up the beginning of the first film that will be in my TCW fan-edit film trilogy, which are Cat & Mouse, The Hidden Enemy, and The New Padawan (which is the first 1/4 of TCW film). Fun episodes with lots of action and like most of TCW I've seen it so many times if I only pay attention here and there I know exactly what is going on anyway. I wanted to check if they would transition well into one another with all the opening narrations edited out and I strongly believe they will.

Then, since I was already on this track, I watched The Mandalore Plot which I already knew had a great transition from the end of The New Padawan (Obi-Wan flies away from Christophsis alone in his one-man ship at the end of TNP, then arrives at Mandalore alone in the same ship at the very beginning of TMP) to see how it would transition into Landing at Point Rain since the four episode S2 Geonosis arc ends the first film. And I was kinda depressed about how awkward it was. Part of the idea here is that Obi-Wan splits up from the Anakin/Ahsoka team at the end of The New Padawan and reunites with them at the very beginning of Landing at Point Rain after Obi-Wan has had his quick solo adventure in The Mandalore Plot. But at the end of The Mandalore Plot after the plot resolution dialogue between Obi-Wan and Satine, Anakin pops up to join them on their voyage [face_tee_hee]) to Coruscant.

Now, it's easy to edit Anakin out because he appears after Satine turns her head away from Obi-Wan at the conclusion of their dialogue, but it still seemed very likely that it would feel very awkward going from Satine turning her head away from Obi-Wan on Mandalore to Obi-Wan standing on the bridge of a ship with Ki-Adi-Mundi over Geonosis with no transition at all except the shot of the ship from space. This presented a serious problem especially because Obi-Wan left with Satine on another ship at the end of the episode instead of the one-man ship he had been in. Then I realized I could use a few shots from the beginning of the episode but run them in reverse to make it look like Obi-Wan got back in the ship he got out of in the beginning, exited screen-right rather than entering screen-right from a Mandalorian landing platform, and then got back in the hyperspace rings above Mandalore that he got out of when he arrived.

Running those shots in reverse should be pretty simple, I'll just have to put some other TCW music with it since the sound obviously will not work in reverse. It should be quick enough that only having music without any spaceship-going-by-whoosh sounds won't be too noticeable. That adds some transition between Satine turning her head away from Obi-Wan and him being on a ship with Ki-Adi-Mundi, but I still felt it probably wouldn't be smooth enough. It needed something else. Something not rigged to go in reverse that would feel right. I decided I needed to find a shot of Obi-Wan in that one-man fighter entering one of those pre-Star Destroyer cruisers like the one he is on the bridge of with Ki-Adi-Mundi at the beginning of Landing at Point Rain to complete the perfect transition.

I checked episode after episode where I knew he traveled from planet to planet to see if there was anything I could use to no avail. He was rarely, if ever, all alone when traveling, and when he was it was later in the series by which time he was in other ships and the close-ups of him had him in the wrong outfit for transitioning between two S2 episodes. I was pretty bummed out at this point. And then it hit me, as it has probably already hit some of you who have bothered to read this - how did Obi-Wan get back to the fleet after he was done on the planet he went to after Christophsis in TCW film? I skimmed the film and was so overjoyed to find the perfect sequence of Obi-Wan in the right ship in the right outfit in a long shot exiting hyperspace alone and entering a pre-Star Destroyer cruiser in space without any planets in the shot (which would have totally ruined it since it would not have been the right planet: Geonosis) that I must have watched it ten times in a row. Like I said, for the purposes I need it for, it is perfect.

Now Obi-Wan and Satine finish their conversation, Satine walks away, Obi-Wan gets back in ship, gets back in his hyperspace rings over Mandalore, exits hyperspace next to a pre-Star Destroyer cruiser, enters it, then it's the long shot of the cruiser from space from the beginning of Landing at Point Rain, and finally Obi-Wan is on the bridge with Ki-Adi-Mundi. The material for a perfect transition is all there. It probably won't be till next year, but I can't wait to actually put this all together.

I will still double-check that the S2 Mandalore episodes will transition smoothly from one to the next with the opening narrations removed, but I am fairly confident they will.

17. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    This sounds fantastic DLT, great work on the transitions. Are you just using the first episode of the Mandalore Arc or all three episodes? I look forward to seeing the final project.

I've gone down a slightly different route with my episode 1. I'm also using CAM, THE and TNP as the base for the film, however, I'm integrating this with the Kamino arc (CC, R, AT) and Grievous Intrigue. Rather than running the arcs in a continuous line, I'm intercutting them so that parts of the separate arcs run simultaneously. This helps with the transitions between episodes by providing the buffer of a scene from another arc.

I kick off with CAM and intercut with this is Clone Cadets. Scenes are intercut so that the pacing matches up - Anakin's victory against trench is mirrored by Domino Squad's Victory and the wonderful Anakin/Yularen scene is mirrored by The 99/Heavy scene and medal ceremony, and this scene provides a buffer for the transition to The Hidden Enemy.
    In the Hidden enemy I've cut the clone traitor scenes, and essentially these scenes have been replaced by scenes from Grievous Intrigue. I've pulled space battle scenes from DOAD to bulk out the initial space battle between Grievous and Koth. Again I've matched up the scenes, with the Ventress/Kenobi/Anakin duel being intercut with the Grievous/Koth duel. Then I cut straight to the Palpatine/Mace conversation about a kidnapping (now Koth's, not Rotta's) and we move into TNP.
    At the end of TNP, Yoda orders Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan back to the temple, where they view the message from Grievous and discuss the plan to free Koth. I then intercut a scene from Assassin between Anakin and Ahsoka on the Temple landing platform, where They discuss her being left behind to complete her studies. This works perfectly because the shuttle that Anakin takes off in, is the same that is used in the Koth rescue mission, and it explains Ahsoka's absence for the rest of the movie.
    We then move to the Koth rescue, and intercut are the first scenes from Rookies. The Jedi the rescue Koth and Grievous escapes. We then move to the rest of Rookies and Arc Troopers, where Ventress reappears on Kamino in the same craft in which she left Christophsis.

I've now completed a second cut of this movie and it is working very well indeed. Still a lot of tidying up to do though.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks a lot smudger9 I'm really glad at least one person got something out of all the time it took to write that. Here's the breakdown I am working on so far:

Clone Wars: Episode I

Cat & Mouse
    The Hidden Enemy
    The New Padawan (first 1/4 of The Clone Wars film; all scenes and dialogue where the kidnapping of Jabba's son is discussed edited out, can be done smoothly)
    The Mandalore Plot (focused on Obi-Wan by editing out scenes with Satine/other characters only, est. 10 min., with Obi-Wan transition clip from The Clone Wars film at very end)
    Landing at Point Rain
    Weapons Factory
    Legacy of Terror
    Brain Invaders

Clone Wars: Episode II

The Zillo Beast
    The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    Citadel arc edit (as little set-up as possible, focus on Tarkin/Jedi interaction, Jedi history, Anakin/Obi-Wan moments, and space battle, est. 35 min.)
    Deception
    Friends and Enemies
    The Box (most of this edited out, only including the Anakin/Yoda conversation and necessary transitions, est. 5 min.)
    Crisis on Naboo

Clone Wars: Episode III

Kidnapped
    Slaves of the Republic
    Escape From Kadavo
    Overlords (with very ending from Ghosts of Mortis to confirm they’ve left the planet)
    Sabotage
    The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    To Catch a Jedi
    The Wrong Jedi

You can find a minute-by-minute breakdown with descriptions of everything I didn't keep and why for the Citadel arc edit on page two of this thread. I have minute-by-minute breakdowns of all necessary edits up until The Box, but only with the time stamps, no descriptions written out, so I never posted the others.

Since you're allowing yourself a trilogy of trilogies with multiple focuses rather than the simple Anakin-focused trilogy approach I'm taking, I think covering the clones is a great idea and you could hardly ask for better episodes than Clone Cadets and Rookies and then down the line the Umbara/Order 66 arcs to do it.

I'm a huge fan of the idea you're pursuing of tying two plots together that had originally been tied to entirely separate plots, I can't wait to see how it turns out!! Very intriguing.

19. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Getting to the final stages of my Episode I.

Here is the trailer.

Hope you enjoy

Gudenruben2 likes this.
  20. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    My Episode I is almost completed, just a bit of tinkering needed. Here are a few clips showing the level of editing in this fanedit.

The first one isn't too impressive, but shows how I've integrated two separate story arc and also how I've added in a score from Attack of the Clones.

Second shows how I've removed a storyline from one episode (Hidden Enemy) and replaced it with a storyline from another episode (Grievous Intrigue), and how I've removed the Jabba's son storyline and replaced it with the kidnapping of Eeth Koth.

This one continues the rescue of Master Koth and adds in a nice scene between Anakin and Ahsoka from another episode that develops their relationship and explains Ahsoka's absence from the battle of Kamino.

This one shoes a lot of added and altered scenes/dialogue that allows the Rookies/ARC troopers story arc to be a continuous story instead of being set several months apart. It produces a nice final act to the movie.

21. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Here is my first attempt at a piece of fan art. "poster" for my upcoming fanedit, which is nearing completion.

[​IMG]

22. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    It definitely sounds like a good idea, but that means this all would be rebooting TCW movie and series making those obselete. I'm not down for that.

23. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    I wouldn't call it a reboot. Nearly all of the original storylines have been preserved, save for the Jabba's son storyline, which most people hated. The chronology has been changed slightly, but that was open to interpretation anyway, with many inconsistencies.

As the episodes progress the amount of manipulation needed is reduced greatly. Episode 1 has involved a lot of alteration, but episode IX will just involve intercutting the Order 66 and Yoda arcs, with superfluous scenes removed to get the time down to about 135mins.

It will hopefully provide an enjoyable, condensed, and more adult-friendly version of TCW in the classical Star Wars movie format, complete with fox fanfare.

24. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

TCW got quite dark at times and I don't think it would necessarily need to be more 'adult-friendly'. It was on par with the films in that context.

25. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    From season three onwards, definitely. The first two seasons had a fair few "Sky Guy" moments.

mratm23 likes this.