main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMAX AOTC - Cleveland General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
    who would've thought that someone could be a browns and a steelers fan?!?!

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    What? That's Impossible!

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It's very possible...I grew up cheering for ALL the Cleveland teams; however my grandma was a big Steelers fan(being from the Erie/Pittsburgh area). And being a "grandma's boy" I was raised cheering for the Steelers, as well as the Browns.

Random, don't be writing checks that lightsaber can't cash...I've defended my love of the Black and GOLD many times! ;) Besides, I'm more a fan of the rivalry...then any one team!

PITTSBURGH, we'll be coming to your IMAX sometime soon...I'll contact you when we have more info!

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    THE BROWNS ARE GONNA GO BMF ON THE STEELERS TODAY!!! WATCH YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE STEELERS DRY THEIR EYES WITH THOSE PATHETIC TERRIBLE TOWELS!!! DIZ-AWGS IN THE HIZ-OUSE!!!

SPECIAL BROWNS SABER TIME!

[|BMF|o]=======================================

5. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I just don't get it...there's too many Steelers fans IN Cleveland...it's as if they just like to live here to rub it in...yet WE can't defend our own team when we dis the Steelers, a team with a frickin' butt pirate for a quarterback...well that's quite alright. When the Browns annihilate the Steelers today, the point will be made clear...Steelers suXors!

6. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I like any team OTHER then the Browns.

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Like as said before, I'm more a fan of the rivalry then either team. And today's game was a great one (even for a lose) it figures the one game I look forward to all year...and I got called into work to work on the post-game show.

What was with missing that extra point? After a spectacular catch like that...to waste the point-after killed all the momentum. They might as well have gone for 2!

I loved the way the Steelers offense was throwing those trick plays/snaps/reverses...a little creativity is more effective then "Metcalf Up The Middle!"

CR EDIT: Reborn...I know you don't like the Steelers, however please keep the insults PG "with a frickin' butt pirate for a quarterback"

8. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I heard on the radio today that GLSC IS carrying AOTC!

Can anyone confirm?

-b-

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    WHAT!

That would be great, I'm off Monday...I'll look into the matter. It was stupid for them to blow-off the AOTC release (nobody in Ohio seems to be carrying it, we'll see) just because it's not directly related to science. They had the movie magic show when they first opened the place...and this will draw a large audience.

I still like the idea of going to Pittsburgh (still can?) to meet up with them; if this is true or not.

10. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Didn't mean to offend anyone with that comment Krash (just speakin' the truth). As for being PG...the way movies are and how that particular rating system is these days...I'd consider that PG...but that's just me and my views on it. Anyhow, I'll keep it to a minimum...besides...seeing how our stupid team lost today (although it wouldn't have helped the Browns any, how in the world do you miss an extra point? I'm ashamed.),I'll just shut my mouth now...

11. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    I just checked their website and they do not have it listed. I heard it on Q104 but don't know how accurate they are.

-b-

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Radio stations have a nasty tendancy to spreading rumors around, because they run out of things to talk about. You sure they weren't just speculating "wouldn't it be great if GLSC had AOTC?"

EDIT: no harm done Reborn, just use the "family board" method in the future.

13. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    's why i asked for a cnofirm...

-b-

PS: Krash, you and I both know that it's not just radio... ;)

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Well, went to see IMAX clones and I must say I WAS DISSAPOINTED! I mean, yes it was cool to watch it on a six story tall screen, but other then that it sucked!

The quality was HORRABLE when blown up soo big, I mean you could totally see what was blue screen and what was CGI, it was also grainy.

And my biggest complaint was the cutting of 15 minutes from the film(I knew of this before watching). That was stoooppiiidd. I am not recomending you go see it. BAH!

So says the Movie Man.

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I could really care less... 8 days and I'll be watching AOTC from the comfort of my dorm room with no resolution blotches like I've had watching my computer version...

16. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Watch your mouth! Do you want to be banned?

17. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    My review of Attack of the Clones: The Imax Experience: (as viewed at the Henry Hord Museum Imax)

First of all, I did find the DMR procces a little dissapointing. Many more things than we were lead to believe were grainy. The proccess seemed to do an especially bad job on things that were sitting still. Also, frames where the majority of the image was dark, while other portions were brightly lit (ex. leaving the dark tunnel, comming out into the arena with Anakin and Padmé) were extemely hazy. (the Lion King, for which they showed a trailer, had a much better transfer, it seemed, but dealing with a cartoon that has objects consisting mainly of solid colors most likely would be easer to enhanse.) But most of what was constantly movinig and either brightly or dimly lit (i.e. the action, fortunately enough) was incredible. Everything else had ablut the same quality as regular film, so there is only so much room for complaints about quality. The detail was also incredible. You could see people on the streets during the speeder chase, the veins on the faces of the kaminoans, and in many cases, where the make-up artists missed spots on many of the characters. Sound I also found rather dissapointing. Although the sound was certainly cranked, and you could certainly "feel" all the explosions as the room reverbarated, it really failed to give a surround sound feel. There was not a single sound effect that I can recall that came from either behind me or beside me; everything came from the front. Also, the cuts made no sense. Not a line on C3PO's pointless string of puns is removed while other vital parts are gone. For example, the ship explodes, and we jump instantly to the Jedi in the elevator, no explanation to how the got there, except a hint of something about a Jedi Coucil mandate. And the love story seems to come even more out of the blue. One second there arriving, the next their kissing, and befor we know it there having there fireside chat on why they can't fall in love. I though it developed too fast in the original. Fortunately, everyone had seen the original, so we wern't lest scratching our heads as to what the heck was going on.

Nevertheless, the experience was still incredible. I often time found myself holding on for dear life during the chase, ducking my out of asteriods during the starfighter chase, and on several occations, getting somewhat dizzy. If it weren't for those technical dificulties in the transfer, I would have be totaly sucked in to the Star Wars universe as I had never been before, not returing till the end credits.

Unfortunately, I was not able to meet up with all the members of r2-detroit that were there, as I was somewhat late getting there. They certainly had a good showing, there 2 Stormtropperes, a Vader, and I think I saw 2 Jedi in robes.

**** out of 5. I found it worth the trip.

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I haven't heard back from the people at GLSC, whether or not they're having AOTC IMAX...I'll try again tommorow after work.

I knew there were alot of things cut from the theatrical release, not happy about the idea...but seeing the chase scene and clone wars on a giant screen will be cool. Plus, it'll be nice to see AOTC on emore time in theaters before the DVD release

19. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    You can see it again at the Civic Theatre in Akron in January. ;)

Anyways, I'm still up for it, I still want to go.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I just got off the phone with the people over at GLSC. Whatever discussion BMack heard over the radio...was just gossip:

The GLSC WILL NOT be carrying AOTC IMAX...because they do not view it as "an educational film." Thet're next 2 films will be the Jane Goodall movie, and later a film about the MIR spacestation.

Looks like we're planning a trip to Pittsburgh after all.

21. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I vote for the 23rd of November. It's a Saturday, and we can get home late if we have to.

22. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    good to know for sure...

*(family board)*ing Q104. buncha *(family board)*ing hosers... Nobody ever listen to them...

-b-

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's the day I'm thinking of as well.

We can discuss this, in greater detail, at the next meeting (Nov 16th) but we should think about carpooling...I was considering pooling resources about renting a small van for the day trip? Any comments?

24. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd like to go on the 23rd as well.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    How many people think they will be going to see AOTC IMAX the weekend of November 23rd? The movie is running through the end of the year, but I'd like to go before the weather starts to become an issue for a road-trip.

Car-pooling? Who can drive, who needs a ride? These are some of the things we'll be talking about at the meeting November 16th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.