main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMAX AOTC - Cleveland General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Uppers.

Are we going to go or are we going to forget about it? I'd still like to go.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    As part of my Christmas present for Emily...we're still going to Pittsburgh THIS Sunday. You're welcome to come along...that goes for anyone else (but I'll only have room for 4 in my car)

Cindy, get a hold of me via PM and we'll make arrangments to drive together. Mind chipping in a couple bucks for gas or turnpike tolls?

3. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll get to you tomorrow on that, my mom needs to talk to my dad, because my parents were thinking of going away this weekend to look at the snow. (oh goody. ;))

(You should tell Rox that at lest a few of us are coming so maybe they could meet us.)

4. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That is a Christmas present? Why wasn't informed! :D :D

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I did even better then that, I posted on the Pittsburgh board, informing that some of us are planning on going Sunday...since they are organizing a outing that weekend. And they'd love to have us!!!

There is only one show Sunday...4:30pm, and one them has offered to purchase tickets early that morning (no advance sales)...then we pay her there. You can keep up on the discussion here...Pittsburgh link

Shall I inform them that we have 3 confirmed people from Cleveland coming for the 4:30 show...and arrange to meet them prior to the show? PM me if you're still good to go...I'll give her a FINAL Cleveland jedi-count by Friday night (around 10pm)...after that you're on your own for tickets.

Cindy - also PM me to make plans for driving to Pittsburgh...if you're able to go.

Emily - I'd spoken with mom about taking you as a late Christmas present a while ago, and wanted it to be a surprise!

6. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I can go! :)

PM coming your way. :)

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It's great you guys are coming down, should be a good time. :)

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Well, we just got back...and aside from Cindy getting us lost, and me getting tired and thinking 77N was 71N...we had a great time with the guys from Pittsburgh!!!

We made good time getting there, parking was a bit of an issue, with the Steelers game across the street. We met up with Terry (Rox) and the rest of the Pittsburgh Fanforce, and took pictures while waiting in line (it wouldn't be SW without the lines)

The IMAX movie was good, there were moments where the picture gets "stretched" across the curved screen; as well as the obvious edits made for the IMAX running time. But we weren't there to see the movie for the first time or anything (we've all seen it before)

Afterwards, we went to Burger King for some food, and conversation. They do things alot like us, they also have some differences (many of their members are Padawan/Candii's age) But they have alot of fun with their group, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with them.

9. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya Cleveland people!!

Just wanted to stop in and say what a blast it was chatting with ya'! Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi (or three) :D

10. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I really liked the movie. Though I did get a little tired around Kamino. :D It was fun being in Pittsburgh again.

11. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I had fun, I hope that we can meet up again! :)

And you guys have a lot of girls! :eek: Wish we had that many! (We have only 5 that have come to meetings)

Geoff, yes, granted it was my fault once for getting us lost, but the other times were yours, esp. when I told you to go South after getting off the turnpike to go and get my car. :p

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Granted, however by then my trust in your co-piloting abilities had been stretch to the limit.

I remember a couple times where I was asking "is this it?" To be followed by some kind of vague response. This isn't like flying through an asteroid field...this was Pittsburgh!!!

;)

13. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I remember a couple times where I was asking "is this it?" To be followed by some kind of vague response. This isn't like flying through an asteroid field...this was Pittsburgh!!!

LOL! Hey, I told you that I hadn't been there for over a year, and I can't help it that every time that we came home from a band competition that it was dark, and I wasn't looking outside because I was watching a movie... But hey, my logic was right, we needed to be on 19 to get to the turnpike. :p

14. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I just had fun listening to the music in the back. :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.