main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMAX AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    260, according to website with stats on every Large Format screen in the U.S.

2. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I'll be there, Mike. You just better hope for your sake that you don't show! If you do somehow have the guts to show up, know that we'll dance around each other goading each other to "throw the first punch" until the crowd gets bored and beats us both up. Gotta please the blood-thirsty crowds. Especially that vampress Lisa.

3. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Damn. That's the first sign that we'll be overlooked.

I'll get the van...

4. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    [The Imax-format "Clones" is expected to run about seven weeks, set just after "Apollo" and before "The Lion King."]

Can anyone tell me how the heck Apollo (APL) and The Lion King (TLK) fit into Star Wars continuity? It clearly reads that Clones falls between APL and TLK. I always thought Clones fell between TPM and EP III?

I'm so confused!

Oh yeah....

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

5. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    I can see it now. The Circle of Life is part of the Star Wars EU.

Mufasa -
    "You see, Simba, the Antelope eat the grass, and we eat the Antelope. When we die, our bodies become the grass, thus continuing the Circle of Life."

Simba -
    "But dad, what about the Vong?"

Mufasa -
    "Well yes, sometimes they eat us before we die and our bodies become the grass. But that's OK, because sometimes we eat them before they die and become the grass. But I wouldn't recommend it. They're rather sinewy and hard to chew. Ewoks are much more tender and easier to capture."

6. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    BWA HAHAHahahaha, that was damn funny!!!

"Chosimba-One, This is CNN... C...N...N...."

7. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    This is quite interesting... What do you think will be cut? I think it's obvious most of the cuts will be made in the middle of the movie. I can't imagine much will be cut of any action sequences. Cut the end credits first! We don't need those on IMAX.

8. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Personally i think they had already cut enough for the first release haha. But i'd think some of the boring crap in the middle would be good (anakin floating fruit and being trampled by a potato bug)

9. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Hey Gang! We at JediOKC talked about getting together with you for the IMAX AotC at our meeting last week. Thanks for thinking of us in your post! We would love to get together with you for the IMAX show as well as Plano. We are looking into the Red Roof INN for those of us who might be going over night. Keep us updated on IMAX and Plano.

10. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Ok, the campaign drive has begun. According to this story on TFN, everybody else in the world is going to be begging their local IMAXes to show the film. We can't let them short-change us. We need to start calling and emailing our these people to let them know we're serious and that they could avoid a riot by obliging us. We should probably have an officer(?) contact theater management and try to arrange something official as well. Just a thought, but I'm going to start my calling...

11. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    So Brent, who are you calling? Our local theater could care less. They are a bunch of DORKS! I thought about calling the corp. IMAX, but don't know if that is such a good idea. They probably won't give a damn what happens here in Tulsa. Nor could I find an e mail address. LMK and we can start calling/e mailing the same people.

Ice Queen

12. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Well, I just called the IMAX and, long story short, the guy working said: "I know we are in talks to get a print at this theater." I followed up with, "So, you haven't heard that you're not getting it." To that he said, "That is correct."

So, take that for what it's worth. There's not an official "NO!" yet, but I think it would do us well to keep calling and let the interest be shown. The number is 307-2629. Hope to see you all there!

13. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I did a follow up call on AOTC. They said they are in negotiations, but that they won't know anything until late OCT.

14. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    I just got this email from the manager of the Cinemark in Tulsa:

The Cinemark IMAX Theatre in Tulsa, OK will open Star Wars: Episode II - Attack
    of the Clones on November 1, 2002. We will be posting showtimes to our website
    (www.cinemark.com) very soon and even placing tickets on sale. This should be a
    great film for the IMAX and we eagerly await its arrival as I am sure you are as
    well.

We hope to see you on November 1st or soon thereafter.

Thanks,

Matt Watson
    Theatre Manager
    The Tulsa by Cinemark

Perhaps we could manage some massive JediOKC / Tulsa FanForce viewing by getting a bunch of tickets for the same showing.

15. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    I'll be damned.

Thanks bud!

16. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Nuthin new, since you obviously got the scoop earlier, but theforce.net just posted a similar (if not the same) notice about EPII IMAX in Tulsa, OK.

It was kind of cool to pull up theforce.net and see Tulsa, OK in the headlines....for something that didn't involve rednecks or school shootings....or racial tension.....or tax revenue problems, yada yada yada.

17. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    ...or teen pregnancy, hostage situations, pipe bomb in a guys garage, torando hitting a trailer park, OU, OSU, TU, football or "the latest in weather technology"

18. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Saw this on the FanForceNet page:

Tulsa, OK Gets AOTC IMAX
    Sat, Oct 05, 02 02:28:51 PM EDT

Jonathon forwards us this email confirming AOTC for Tulsa's Cinemark IMAX theater

I am just curious who Jonathon is????

19. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Could be anyone, but my guess is ForceDemon, the guy from OKC who alerted us a few posts above this one.

20. ForceDemon

Mar 20, 2002
    yes my email is jonathan@ou.edu, hence the the "jonathon", although they did misspell my name.

I've had way too moch jack tonight. :)

21. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Nice to meet a Jack man, FD. Are you going to Plano next week? Would be cool to meet some of you OKC folks.

22. ForceDemon

Mar 20, 2002
    Unfortunatly, I'll not be going to plano next week.

But I look forward to meeting some of you guys in Tulsa for the IMAX shtuff.

23. Megadarth

Megadarth Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.