main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Imax AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Outlander_, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    This should be awesome. The official Star Wars site is reporting that Attack of the Clones will be shown on some Imax screens. It did not say which ones however. Does Chicago have an Imax screen? Call me pessimistic, but I'm not holding my breath that our Imax will get it.

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes, Chicago has an IMAX screen, but it's nothing like ours. The screen is directly in front of the audience instead of above them.

IMO, Milwaukee's IMAX screen would be preferable for this and other obvious reasons.

3. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    Well, according to a customer service rep at Imax, they have no plans to show AOTC at this time. So it looks like we may have to road-trip to see it.

4. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I'd sell my first-born to see it on IMAX. You guys find out where its showing, and consider me in.

Jason

5. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Cripes! What the hell good is building an IMAX here if we can't put it to good use?! Ugh! We never get anything fun in this city... :(

6. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    There's an Imax at Navy Pier in downtown Chicago. I think there are a few more in the greater Chicago area, including one in the south burbs that showed LOTR.

~H~

7. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Navy Pier... That's the one I saw.

8. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    I WANNA GO!!!!! oh quick question what movie? 1,2,4,5,6? i'd like to know!!

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    ?[face_plain] Outlander_'s first post at the top said it was Attack of the Clones. Was this not obvious enough?

10. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Yes, this is fantastic news. Too bad it means that my University theater had to pull AOTC from out schedule. :_| I was going to get to see it at least 6 more times FOR FREE. I know that the IMAX thing is really cool and I'm really excited, but now I don't get in for free or a free movie poster.

The Force hates me. I just know it.

Anyway, I'm in for a trip to see the IMAX version. :)

11. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Heck yeah! I think that'd be awesome.

12. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    ROAD TRIP. We have to plan this.

Hey Tom, didn't you mention to me that if it showing in Chicago, that maybe we could hook up with the Chicago Fanforce. I think that would be so cool if we could.

Devan

13. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Well that would only be logical. :)

14. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Keep me posted on details. I love a road trip.

15. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    "The Jordan's IMAX Theater is reporting that AOTC will be cut by 23 minutes to conform to most IMAX systems: The IMAX edition, which will be distributed by Twentieth Century Fox "exclusively to IMAX theaters," will be trimmed from its original 143 minutes to fit the 120-minute capability of most IMAX platter systems. A LucasFilm spokesperson told LFX that the editing will "maintain the integrity" of the story."

Thought everybody would want to know this. Kinda sucks, but I have a feeling they wont cut out anything cool. Maybe the "Sound of Music" scene will go! [face_laugh]

16. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    BLASPHEMY!!!

I guess if they have to cut it down, I would hope they lose the grass frolicking scene. Anything else is unacceptable.

17. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Cut out some of the chase through coruscant, and lop off some of the romantic Padme/Anakin banter, and it should make it. Heck, it may make it better. It's not like we have long to wait 'til the DVD comes out. Just don't cut any of the final battle sequence--if that happens, I'm gonna be irate.

18. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Yoda vs. Dooku: gone.

19. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Lucas has done some pretty dumb things (Jar Jar), but I really don't think he'd cut any of that last battle scene. That would be like cutting "Luke, I am your father." If he does, I say we RIOT. [face_devil] Who's with me?!

20. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  21. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Pssst, BYOB...

Confirmed IMAX Theaters Not Screening AOTC

Wisconsin
    Humphries IMAX Theatre - Milwaukee, WI

22. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    ?[face_plain] What are you talking about? That's what I said.

[face_mischief]

23. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Darned editing. :p

24. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Looks like another road trip! :D

25. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Anybody else see the ticket pre-order thingee for Imax? It was emailed to me; I think it was in "The Homing Beacon". Are we gonna do the roadtrip thing? It's going to be at Navy Pier. I think we would be remiss if we go for it!!!

Times and dates are all over the map, but it opens November 1st. I checked all the first 3 Saturdays and first 3 Sundays in November, and though the times are a bit different, they GENERALLY include a 10 am, 3 pm, 5:30 pm, and 8:15 pm showing. Sometimes there's a 12:30 pm in there, too. The running time is listed at 2 hours exactly, so it does look like they've done some trimming. What are we thinking??? I know Sundays work best for me, but I may be flexible. It may not be so busy on a Sunday, however (especially in the morning/early afternoon? My reasoning may be faulty on this!).

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.