main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK IMAX AotC

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ForceDemon, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    Do we know if the OmniDome here in OKC is getting it? If not, what about the screen in Tulsa?

I know Dallas is getting it, but I'd rather not have to a.) drive down to Dallas (although I just might) or b.) wait until my December visit to San Antonio.

Info please...

2. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I don't know. Somebody needs to call the Omniplex an find out. I sure hope we do get it, though. :)

3. ForceDemon

Mar 20, 2002
    I just called the Omnidome and they are NOT showing AotC.

Still waiting to hear from Tulsa and Dallas Cinemark IMAXs

4. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Poo. :(

FD, have you contacted TFN yet so that they can add it to their list?

5. ForceDemon

Mar 20, 2002
    I let TFN know about the OmniDome.

I'll keep them posted when/if I hear from Tulsa and Dallas.

6. ForceDemon

Mar 20, 2002
    Just grabbed this blurb from the Tulsa forum...

'Well, I just called the IMAX and, long story short, the guy working said: "I know we are in talks to get a print at this theater." I followed up with, "So, you haven't heard that you're not getting it." To that he said, "That is correct."

So, take that for what it's worth. There's not an official "NO!" yet, but I think it would do us well to keep calling and let the interest be shown. The number is 307-2629. Hope to see you all there!'

If you guys wanna call, be sure to add the 918 tulsa area code to the above number.

7. ForceDemon

Mar 20, 2002
    I just got off the phone w/ the Tulsa IMAX. They told me they didn't know if they were getting AotC or not.

He also mentioned that they usually know about a week before opening whether they're getting a film or not, so I'd say we'll just have to hang on until the end of month before we know something.

8. ForceDemon

Mar 20, 2002
    Tulsa's getting AotC, according to this email I recieved from the theatre today:

The Cinemark IMAX Theatre in Tulsa, OK will open Star Wars: Episode II - Attack
    of the Clones on November 1, 2002. We will be posting showtimes to our website
    (www.cinemark.com) very soon and even placing tickets on sale. This should be a
    great film for the IMAX and we eagerly await its arrival as I am sure you are as
    well.

We hope to see you on November 1st or soon thereafter.

Thanks,

Matt Watson
    Theatre Manager
    The Tulsa by Cinemark

9. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Awesome. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.