main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Imax Clones not coming to Lubbock

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by IB420, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    The Imax version of Attack of the Clones will not be showing at the Omnimax here in Lubbock anytime soon.

The main reason is technical limitations; their equipment is not capable of holding more than 90 minutes of film.

Please support the Science Spectrum by letting them know that you would go see AOTC and other digitally remastered films like Apollo 13 if they were to exhibit them.

2. yodster

yodster Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2002
    hi there, this is the first time I see some one from Lubbock. I am from Lbk but now live in Austin. If ATOC was showing in Lbk I would be there in a hurry it would also give me a chance to see friends and fam. ATOC is not showing here at IMAX, I am trying to go to San Antonio, but no luck for this weekend. anyway I just wanted to say "hey" and still consider my self from Lubbock. I will check in with ya.

3. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    Hey wow nice to someone else here!

Next time you're coming up this way, give me a shout and we'll go grab a beer at the brewery.

This weekend, I'm actually road-tripping it to Dallas to see Clones there, and I'll be trooping with the 501st.

TI-1420

4. yodster

yodster Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2002
    I will keep in touch, the last time I was there I went to the place at 34th and Indiana I think it was Caprock Cafe, anyway where is good. see ya. I can's wait to hear about your trip. I hope you get a poster from the Imax.

5. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    Me, my wife, and a friend of mine trekked out to Dallas last Friday to see the 501st and EpII in Imax format.

It is great- if you're an EpII fan and will be in Dallas or any other city that has it showing in their Imax theater, I highly recommend it. The scenes cut were hardly noticable and it was all pretty much JarJar and love scenes anyway, so no one's missin anything. :D

The best parts are the Coruscant chase, the Clone war, and of course seeing a 50 foot tall Yoda!

There are some pictures posted on the Dallas Fan Force site, <www.dfwfanforce.net> of the Dallas folks and others hanging out before the show. The 501st and Rebel Legions made an impressive appearance and a good time was had by all.

6. TX_Knight

TX_Knight Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Dude, I would totally go see it if it showed at the Science Spectrum. I went and saw the Special Effects movie where they featured making of Episodes 4 a few years ago. They had the totally computer rendered version of A New Hope's opening scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.