main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN IMAX Clones?!?!?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Has anyone from Chattanooga checked with your local IMAX theater to see if Clones will be playing there?

It is evident that it will not be playing in Georgia (I hope I'm wrong) so Chattanooga would be the closest place.

2. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Allie Fox,

I've called the Aquarium IMAX in Chattanooga, but so far they say they don't know if they will run Clones.

Given my luck, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them to show it. :(

3. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I pm'd you.

4. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    So what's the word?

I see in the IMAX database that Chattanooga is listed on the "TO GET" list. Is there any new information?

If there's hope for you guys there might be hope for Hothlanta after all.

5. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Unfortunately, I have no new information yet. I looked at the IMAX site after your last post, but can't find anything at all about Clones. Where did you find it?

I'll let you know if I find anything else out.

6. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    OK, I found the database you were talking about, I think. It's contradictory. I'll try to get TFN to clarify. While it says Chatt. is confirmed to show it, also says Chatt. is confirmed NOT to show it. There's only one IMAX here (the Aquarium), so something's screwy.

TFN IMAX page

7. Bama_Trooper

Bama_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    BTW the TFN site is only reporting what others call in and tell them about thier local IMAX theaters. They are not contacting the theaters themselves.....

-Joey
    TK-152
    Southern Outpost XO
    501st Legion
    www.501st.com

8. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    That would probably explain the discrepancies on the TFN page.

9. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I personally called the Aquarium IMAX and spoke to the manager. It was he who informed me that it would not be coming.

On the bright side. . .

I also spoke with the manager of the Regal Cinemas Mall of Georgia IMAX and he too informed me that there would be "NO CLONES" at his location. As I read it this morning that has been contradicted by corporate staff at Regal who inform that it WILL be coming to Atlanta.

That's not too far for you guys. Can you say "ROAD TRIP" It would be great to get a few southern FanForce groups to meet in Atlanta again.

10. Bama_Trooper

May 23, 2002
    Huntsville is going to get it!
    Word came in this weekend that the MGR was able to make some things happen and they look to be showing it opening weekend.
    Stay tuned for more info.

If it does all become official , the Alabama FF groups (swsyndicate.com) and members of the 501st and Rebel Legion plan to attend in costume Sat Nov 2nd too.

Keep the fingers crossed!

11. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Allie, Bama,

That's great news. I'll talk to my SW friend here and see if he wants to travel to Atlanta or Birmingham and see the film with your groups. Unfortunately, I'll be out of state on Nov. 1 and 2. Maybe the weekend after that....

12. Bama_Trooper

May 23, 2002
    Huntsville will be showing AOTC from Nov 1 til Jan 2nd!!!!!

plenty of screen time to catch it several times!

13. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    I can't reach anyone at Chattanooga IMAX.

However, StarWars.com says Nashville is confirmed to show Clones on IMAX. I called there, and it starts Nov. 1, but couldn't find out showing times.

Obivolkenobi and I plan to see Clones in Nashville on Nov. 13. We may travel to Birmingham and Atlanta on later dates, once our schedules match. I have to proceed on the assumption Clones isn't coming here to 'Nooga.

14. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Let me know when (and if) you plan on seeing AOTC IMAX in Atlanta. Maybe we can get together.

kessel_miner@hotmail.com

15. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    OK. I'll let you know then.

16. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Latest news: I called (and finally got through) to the Tennessee Aquarium IMAX, and they say they will not have Clones. "All of our films will be educational."

Pooey on them.

Edit: I just found their web site, and they don't have Clones listed with the other movies. They are, however, going to show "Nutcracker." How is that educational??? I thought it was a fantasy story (hmmmm....kinda like Star Wars?)

17. LoyalJedi

LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yeah...that sucks. But if we can get a bunch of people to go to Atlanta or something, that'd be awesome! Although, at this time I am without costume...dang it. I was gonna try to get my jedi robes in time for the Imax clones...but no go sofar.

18. LoyalJedi

LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yeah...that sucks. But if we can get a bunch of people to go to Atlanta or something, that'd be awesome! Although, at this time I am without costume...dang it. I was gonna try to get my jedi robes in time for the Imax clones...but no go sofar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.