main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA IMAX EVENT ACTIVITIES....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Oct 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    Pat's Compositing Tip of the Day:

Number One: You need a well lit background plate (greenscreen) in order to pull a good key. That means dragging out some lights on location. If you don't have an evenly lit green screen then you will have nasty dark spots and the computer won't know what color to pull.

Number Two: It really does take about 30 secs to do it.......if its well lit.

Number Three: For the time of the day you are going to be doing this ( night) you will probably need a GREENscreen. I can fore see a lot of problems pulling a good key using a blue background at night.....computer is going to get confuzzled real quickly because there are going to be similar colors around.

Number Four: Photoshop is cool and all, but you never want to add your own green/blue screen after you have taken the photo. You will never get an accurate mask that way. Yes, you "Might" get luckly with the selection tool or magic wand, but if you are going to do it that way you might as well just drop the image behind you subject and call if a day and forget about adding a blue or green plate and THEN going through the chroma keying process.

Ok.....so that was like 4 tips :cool:

2. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Here's an example of what i was talking about doing in photoshop.
    [image=http://www.madballoon.com/jonflash/randomness/sacul-thrawn.jpg]

Wouldn't that idea work fine, brightening up the green background of course, or am I way off on this whole green screen subject?

But yes, pacman does know all about this stuff much more then myself, so just be smart and listen to him.

3. pacman

Jan 17, 2002
    well if you are going to do it that way, you might as well just put your background image in there, instead of the green. Unless you want to be standing in front of a green background. You have already done the hard part of extracting the subject from the background, might as well put something cool behind there.

4. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Is there a nearby parking garage near the IMAX? I was going to bring my video camera, and I'm sure they wont be thrilled to let me in with that.

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Okay, so we need another event to have flyers for. I've talked to my roommates and they all think it would be cool to have a party at our place around December for the Rogue Force. Just let me know what is good for everyone else and we can start planning it. I would prefer a potluck to save on cooking and cleaning times. If we could do it the week after finals (Dec 16-22) that would be good.

I won't post my address here, but when I know what date we have set I will post my number so you can call and RSVP.

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Tionnehawk, I am not sure everyone would be able to make it to Davis in December. Also, what if we get say, an extra 100 people (wishful thinking) from the IMAX event who want to join the club. I am not sure 100 extra peeps would be able to fit in the house. ;) Lets wait and see how many people who might wanna join until after the event before we decide to host it at your house. I would hate to have to clean up that much! ;) LOL

So, maybe we can meet downtown somewhere where everyone can meet. Somewhere central.

EDIT: So, do we really wanna wait until late December to meet? If we get alot of recruitment from IMAX, I think we should maybe meet mid to late November.

7. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah, might be kinda bad if we had too many people. Okay, so we'll have some other meeting first. In that case I have no idea where we would meet. I think the November idea is good (make them think these things are a regular, monthly event) ;) I don't really know what you all consider central...maybe a theater to see another movie and then go out to eat after???

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    What about at the Food Fair there at the K Street Mall next to the theater? We all met there once before.

9. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, when we finish it, why not hold a meeting for the premiere of "Academy of Yom?" Maybe not for the next meeting, but I do hope you all can make it once it's done.

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sounds like a plan Joe

11. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    OH! I just had another BRILLIANT idea for a game at the IMAX event.

Alright...picture music, lights, and FRANK SINATRA! Yess that's right.

WE CAN HAVE a Frank Sinatra Kareoke contest!!!

WHO'S WITH ME!!??!?!

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Mattes Uhhh your elevator doesn't go all the way to the top, does it?

13. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    loser rich people and their elevators... grumble... :p :p

14. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    You start singing Mattes, we'll all join in. Promise. ;)

15. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah....suuure we will.

16. pacman

Jan 17, 2002
    Luck, be a lad-deee toooooonight......

Oh, were we not suposed to sing? :cool:

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
  18. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Joe, absolutely we'll be there for the premier. Our making it an official event will give it publicity on the fanforce homepage too.

19. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
  20. MattesKrymsod

Jul 14, 2002
    -sigh-

WHEN we finish it :\

21. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    What if we have a trivia contest? I'm sure we can come up with questions. The only problem would be a prize. LDV, would you be willing to give away a custom saber?

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    A saber may be possible.

I was thinking - Target has got their figures on sale for $2.99, and I could buy a few and we could hand them out for answering correct trivia questions. I do have Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.

Also, can anyone bring a couple of bags of candy? I do think we will get little tricker treaters through that area.

I also talked to Johnathan Mumm from News 10 today, right in front of IMAX, after I picked up my tickets, and told him the 411 about Oct 31st. He was very interested and took my name, number and email addy down and said they would be in touch with me about a possible remote in front of IMAX Oct 31st. So, hopefully News 10 will be there as well as Channel 3 News.

I also have contacts in at 98 Rock , The Zone, and Kwod 106.5. Cross your fingers everyone!!

23. MattesKrymsod

Jul 14, 2002
    w00t w00t! -> LDV

Ok ok...this question is for people who haven't played any SW games...

"What is the name of the Imperial Capital Starship?"

24. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Executor!

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Very good Joe...

Now tell me this: Who is responisble for retrofitting the R4-P17 in Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi starfighter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.