main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON IMAX fun

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SarahSkywalker, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    We dressed up, we got photographed for Insider, we got in free and the show was amazing. All in all an AMAZING night. I'm so giddy...must sleep...

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    sleep gooood

3. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Glad to see you guys had a great time too :) We had a blast getting into the free show,and getting all the piccies taken :D I especially loved coming home at 2 when I have a mid-term the next day :p Boy the things I do for Star Wars!

4. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Still sick, still tired, man I wish I didn't have to go home today or school, I just want to sleeeeeeep.

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    That was amazing. I can't even remember the last time I had so much fun (EDIT: Graduation). Meeting Chris and the other YJN members, seeing Toronto, dressing up for the first time in my life (thanks for the great Imperial Officer uniform Chris! Nobody else wanted it, so I used it. It was perfect for me (EDIT: and got me a free movie).), meeting the members of the Line and the 501st and their costumes, getting the pics done (with me in front because of my "rank". :D) and of course, the free movie was icing on the cake. Thank you again, Paul, for driving. I can now say I travelled the 401 at night in the rain and lived to tell about it.

And boy did I ever sleep good when I got home!

6. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I cannot say how much that rocked! LOL I hear ya Solo :) I got home at 3 am and stayed up until 4:30 doing an assignment - then got up at 8:30 and finished it. Argh! Must study for midterm tomorrow!

7. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    AMAZING, all i can say.

8. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Pictures?......anyone?

I saw the ones on the official site, but they only had two of our engagment and they were hardly visible.......

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    The pics on the OS are not us at all. They're YJN in Mississauga. Many pics were taken in Toronto. We'll have them up as soon as possible.

10. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I glad you guys had fun. And it was great to meet you guys again, and others for the first time.

I have one small request...
    Can I get some feed back on "what went wrong, what went right"? I'd like to offer some suggestions to LFL on how to make it better for next time.

PS....did you here what we were given on Friday night? 10 free AOTC double-sided theater posters. One poster for each of us that were in costume.

11. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Heard you the first 8 times :p

Well the theatres could have been more knowledable and tell us times and etc a bit before so we can plan for it.

Maybe we can discuss benefits for those dressed up before we set foot in the theatre so people don't have to buy tickets ahead of time, or know that other groups got 50% off food :p

10 bucks for nachos, Oi!

12. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    I received 2 double sided posters and a anikin large figure, for first prize in the costume contest. I gave the posters to a younge lady who should have won first prize

13. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Just wanted to issue a huge thanks to everyone from FanForce Ontario and the 501st/Rebel Legion for making this weekend a success.

We are going to update our website to let it stand as a record of the weekend activities. Can you please contact me with details from your specific theatre events and pictures?

Thanks again.

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Well John, myself (Chris), Deb (Lelila), Justin (Primrodo), Sarah (SarahSkywalker), Matt (Wolf) and Paul (PaulV) left London around 5, and drove to Mississauga. As you know, we met up with you there for a few minutes, while we got Matt's Rebel Pilot costume and the spare Imperial Officer costume, which I ended up wearing. We then left and continued on to the Paramount at Mississauga, where we met up with the Toronto Long Line (a small part of it) and the 501st. There were 14 of us in costume, I believe. Myself, Matt, Vader, a TIE Pilot, several Jedi, Padme, and several Stormtroopers. I was the Imperial Officer, Matt was a Rebel Pilot, Deb was Padme (the blue dress in the "You're not all powerful" scene), and Justin and Sarah were Jedi. We were given a fairly good sized room to prepare, but negotiations with management seemed a little rushed. We didn't learn until about 9, for example, that the movie was free for those in costume. Deb had already purchased all the tickets for the London members, and had to be reimbursed. We then took several photos (I have none, but I know Sarah and Deb do) with our own cameras, and from a professional photographer. The first set were taken outside, and several asians wanted their pictures taken with Vader, myself, and Deb. There were various poses, including Vader strangling me, Vader doing Force Choke on me, and several group photos. We then went inside and did the second set of photos. First, we got several me leading the Stormtroopers out of the theatre, running toward the camera with weapons drawn. Us Imperials then went back to change, while the Rebels got their pictures taken. You'll have to ask them what happened then. Immediately after that, we went into the movie, which was delayed 15 minutes for us. After the movie, we briefly socialized, then left. We returned to London around 3 am.

Chris, you can probably find the answer to your question in that long explanation there.

15. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm STILL sick. Ugh.
    But my pictures turned out great, Justin, I need to finish my second roll, I have none of you on the first, where were you?
    Chris, I have that pic you wanted. I'd love to scan some, but no scanner :( Does anyone have some for the official site or tfn?

16. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    No? :(

I can scan any, if you can get them to me :)

17. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Thanks, Sarah. I'm kicking myself for forgetting my camera. I'll pick it up next time I see you, or get it off Justin's site. Whichever comes first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.