main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN IMAX Movie Summer Event

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Vader2000, Jun 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Since I proposed the idea, I shall get things organized for an IMAX outing. Right now, I'm thinking we should see it on July 14th. Of the four shows at the IMAX, the one I am most interested in seeing is CyberWorld 3D. It plays at 5:00pm and 7:00pm.

Ticket prices are $8.00 for one show, $14.00 for two shows. If people are intersted in seeing a second show, I think we should see Adventures in Wild California as well. It's about extreme sports in California, which means extreme speed and/or wild camera shots, and either of those are really cool to see on the IMAX screen. Adventures shows at 12:00pm, 3:00pm and 6:00pm.

Again, to see the four shows playing and their showtimes, go to http://www.imax.com/minnesota/now.html.

So, let me know the following things:
    1. Does July 14th work for you, if not, when else?
    2. Are you interested in one or two shows?
    3. What show time(s) do you prefer?

Thanks. :)

2. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I'd be up to seeing two, especially since Imax movies generally aren't very long. That date probably will work for me. I'd prefer to see Adventures in Wild California and Last Buffalo 3D. I read the review in the paper and it sounds like more of a general wildlife film than they make it sound. I understand you desire to see the Cyber one since that's what you do though. Although the 3D Simpsons part of it is just supposed to be the end of that episode I've seen in reruns a bunch of times where Homer finds the portal behind the bookcase and turns 3D.

Whatever is decided though works for me. I'm flexible. :D

3. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
  4. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Am I to assume Sal and I are the only people who want to see even just one IMAX movie? ?[face_plain]

5. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Ack - I forgot to reply before!

I'm interested! I can probably do two shows as well. I'm not sure of the times yet.

6. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Cool, glad to hear it MJS. Anyone else? ?[face_plain] :D

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm more into animals than sports or cyberworld. I'll be up for them if my schedule doesn't requir favor asking as I'll have just asked for the previous weekend off for CONvergence.

8. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Cool, thanks Femme.

It's looks like at least two people want to see an animal related IMAX. So, how about, provided we see two shows, we see the Cyberworld 3D one and then the Buffalo 3D one?

Ok, that's four people so far, including myself. Anyone else want to come along? ?[face_plain]

9. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I'm interested. I'll check and see if I'm busy. :)

~*~Bria

10. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Cool, I hope you can make it Bria! :)

11. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm interested too!

M.E.

12. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Awesome! The more the merrier, I say... :)

13. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Not too keen on the imax prices, but I want to see you peeps. ;)

I'll put in to have the 14th off. :) I'll bring my trip pics too. ;)

~*~Bria

14. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Hey, thought I'd bump this since it will be taking place next week.

Ok, so it looks like were gonna see the Buffalo 3D, but since I'm the only one who really wants to see Cyberworld badly, we'll pick another one for our second movie. Also, Cyberworld isn't until 5:00, while Buffalo is at 11:00 and 1:00, so it wouldn't make sense to wait that long between the two. I'm posting a poll for which movies and which times you'd like to go to. Please vote if you plan on coming. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.