main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMAX, Nov. 1st!

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by JediRiff, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that our 4th meeting will be a trip to Raleigh to see AOTC on IMAX! Tallon and crew, let us know if there is anything we can do to help out! We are planning on the 10pm showing, but alot of us will be heading up after we get off work. See you then!

JediRiff
    The Eastern Rim
    Rocky Mount FanForce

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Great, JediRiff! I'll probably need you to help either man our fanforce table, pass out flyers. Anyone in your team have a Star Wars Trivial pursuit game? I'll need some crowd control help to herd trivia players. There'll be lots of Exploris bookmarks & Beta Zone prizes to be given out. Taking you up on your offer!

3. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    They officially announced that 23 minutes of AotC has been cut from the IMAX version. I still may see it, but I don't know now...it's on IMAX, but minus 23 minutes of the movie. :\

4. neojedi

neojedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    Any chance of the first night's showings getting sold out? It'd suck for you to drive all the way over here and not get in.

5. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    neojedi wrote: "Any chance of the first night's showings getting sold out? It'd suck for you to drive all the way over here and not get in."

Actually, this was something I was asking Riff about today.

Tallon, you seem to be familiar with Exploris, what are the chances of the show getting sold out? Also, do you know if they will take credit card numbers over the phone for advanced ticket sales?

To answer some of your questions, I don't think anyone has a Star Wars Trivial Pursuit set, but we'll ask around. As for helping to pass things out or doing some crowd control, I don't see where that will be a problem.

Entropy
    The Eastern Rim

6. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya Guys,

Listen I don't know if any members of our fan force will be avaliable for a screening in Raleigh. I think we are going to try for Myrtle Beach since it is closer. Really it takes 4 hrs to drive to Raleigh we'd have to leave extremely early from Havelock. Myrtle Beach is only 2 hrs from us. I would've liked to come but our meeting is the next day on the Second.

Wish we could be there. I would've really liked to meet the 501st and Sean.

-Universal

7. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Tallon,
    I have a Star Wars Trivial Pursuit game, as does Dennis (one of our other founding members without a computer :( ) So we will be sure to bring one. Also, I cant be completely sure yet what time we will be able to arrive, since everyone will have to get off work, get home, get their stuff together, and then drive about an hour and 1/2 or so, depending on where the Exploris center is. (Which I dont think any of us know, lol)

Also, please get back with me on the part we were talking about the theater selling out, and if we can order tickets in advance. I dont want anyone to get turned away, if possible. Thanks again!!!

JediRiff

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Thanks for the SW Trivial Pursuit! I'll really need it.

Gee, if they cut out almost 1/2 hr, then it'll be even more confusing and difficult to understand. We need control, control, we must use control!

As for tickets, the regular members of Exploris get their first crack at it today.

General public tix go on sale 10/25, a week from today.

I'll have a better feel for your question later today when I talk with the VP of admin there and see how tix sales go.

9. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    I'm hoping to see Episode II on an IMAX screen in NC or in Myrtle Beach when I get back from checking out a grad school in Texas Nov. 1st-3rd. However, my buddy who I haven't seen in almost 4 years is picking me up from the airport and we already have tickets reserved to see Episode II at the IMAX theater in Dallas - the only one playing Episode II in the entire state! We promised we'd see Episode II together and I thought we had missed our chance but fate had other things in store. 23 minutes less is bad, but something is better than nothing. :)

10. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    We'll also be handing out the Bantha Tracks #0 newsletter, which is to be sent to the theater by Lucasfilm sometime this week.

11. Winter1138

Winter1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    Production database problems at work tied me up all day Saturday and I was not able to drive from Greensboro to get my IMAX tickets as I had hoped. I am booked with work and kids activities the rest of the week and can't drive all the way over to get the tickets. Does it look like there will be any tickets left for Friday or Saturday by next weekend? Will they be notifying people of sold out shows on a recording or the internet? I hate to get my kids in their costumes and drive for 2 hours and then not be able to get in.

Any info is greatly appreciated!
    Winter

12. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    This weekend has already sold out. No, they won't post ticket availability on the web site, you have to call them at 872-9535 and you must buy in person unless you are farther away than Greensboro.

13. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Just wanted to let you guys know we were mentioned on the official site!! Check out the link below:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/10/news20021028.html

14. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Star Wars: Episode II | Fans Prepare for Clones on IMAX!!!

first theforce.net now starwars.com.......

we better slow down, the world will get jealous

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.