Rocky M, NC IMAX, Peter Mayhew, and fun!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by JediRiff, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thats about the best way I can sum up this past Friday! Dennis and I got there around 10:30am-11:00am, and we finally got home Saturday morning around 4:30am or so! WHAT A DAY! Folks, to sum it up best, I had such a blast that I was SO bummed when I got home. I didnt want it to end! We had 10 folks show up for the Eastern Rim, and with that crowd came 6 new members! (Yes, I am going to count the guys spouses/girlfriends/fiances! So there, hehe!)

Also, everyone that was there knows how unbelievable the Exploris theaters employees were to us. I cannot express how much it meant to us, as well as everyone else that was there. I pretty sure their folks wont be reading this, so guys... lets show them! Please leave them some comments about how good they were to us at their site:

www.exploris.org

Go there, and let them hear how good they were to us! They definitely deserve it!

Also, Peter Mayhew... if you didnt get to meet him, you missed a fantastic person! Peter and his wife are soooo nice, folks. We had the absolute pleasure of talking with him at length several times during the day, and the guy is super nice and friendly. They both are! Let me give you his webpage address as well, so you can drop him an email and let him know what fun you had, too!

www.petermayhew.com

Anyways, there you go, guys! I am thinking about our next meeting possibly being dinner and a Harry Potter movie, but I will post more when we get solid info. Until we meet again, guys, may the Force be with you! It sure was with us this past Friday!!!!!

JediRiff
  2. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    All I can say to that is "ditto". It was a great day, with great people. The Exploris people were amazing, Peter was great, and the theater was unbelievable, something you just have to experience first hand.

As for Harry Potter, I'm definitely going opening weekend (if not opening night). Even if we don't make it an official meeting, anyone who wants to join me is welcome.
  3. UniversalDestiny Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad you guys had fun. Come down and visit us one day we would love to have you. :)

-Universal
  4. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    What is it about painted females? /sigh... still have that girl in my head... anyway, a most excellent time was had by all. For those of you who missed the IMAX experience all I can say is GO! Star Wars will continue for another 10 weeks or so... there is NO reason not to catch atleast one showing. I too would like to send out my heart felt thanks to the patrons and employees at exploris for making it an incredible event. Last but certainly not least... the man of the hour Peter Mayhew, a terrific guy and just plan cool :). Peter was kind enough to hang out with us during down time to share his favorite scenes and relate some of his road experiences to us. Thanks again Peter :). Btw, for those thick headed enough to ask... what did you think he was going to say when probed about Vector Prime?

As for the next meting being at Harry Potter... I'm all for it. I'm currently looking at going opening night but if not... then I shall attend that weekend at somepoint. Just let me know what is planned and the Force willing I shall be there.

Lod Reh Sajon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  5. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    And did Mr. Mayhew shed on the carpet?

I can't believe I missed it, but life got in the way. If I was dead, I'd have been there...

Sorry I.... (sniff, sniff)... let ... (cry sob)...everybody down.
  6. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    >What is it about painted females?

You're one sick puppy. :)
  7. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This coming from someone who has a gungan fetish? Oh my goodness.....
  8. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    JediRiff, how did the pictures and film turn out from our adventures at IMAX? Also, have you received your Trivia game back?

Entropy? What? /GRIN Just because I find body paint alluring doesn't make me sick... it's the licking it off that makes me sick ;). And please no more comments about her being a AAG, I know and I feel really bad about it. But still....

Lod Reh Sajon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  9. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dennis got back one of his roles, and the pics looked great. I havent gotten mine developed yet, but will let you know. You should come check out the ones I have from Dennis!
  10. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't forget. If you've got any photo's you want scanned let me know. I probably will not have time to do it until Christmas break, but I guess that's better than never.
  11. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Sweet, it's wonderful to learn the pictures turned out great :). I could get the pics scanned in before Christmas if there is any rush. Like over a weekend or something.

Lod Reh Sajon ~
  12. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    >what did you think he was going to say when >>>probed about Vector Prime?

I actually asked him if he kept up with the Expanded Universe. He said he does because his wife reads everything..though he didn't say to much about Vector Prime. I asked his wife what she thought of it and she said she was worried at first about not being able to stomach the books and then the death of Chewie...but she said in the long run the series has become really good and she likes how it is going.

AOTC was awesome on IMAX i had a great time. If anyone has pictures from the event let me know because I am puting a collection together. So far I have:
    http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nldoe/sophomore.html
    Those are just a few of the ones I have so far..so I would love to add to the collection!

It was also great meeting people from the Rocky Mount Fan Force, I'm glad you were able to come!! I hope we can do more events together in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.