main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON IMAX!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SarahSkywalker, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    actually, any day is good for me, as long as I know in advance so I can tell Peter. He and his brother may be coming too, but they said that if anyone is dressed up in a costume, they won't sit near us.... :p

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Cool stuff :)
    Let's make it Sunday March 23 then, 4:30 show? (the other shows are at 12:00pm and 9:00, too early and too late for out of towners).

Any ideas for what to do afterwards? Probably dinner out or hang out at someone's house?

3. PaulV

PaulV Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    depending on how many come, we should do lunch or supper at restaurant that have a back room so we all can hang out, and make as much noise as we want.

4. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    That's cool. For some reason my social life likes to lag greatly and then save itself up so that I have too many things at once to do them all but...might just be able to pull that weekend off..

5. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'll have to see if I can get that day off. I HOPE we have a shift bid soon!!!!!

Oh yeah, Tonight's opening night!!!!! If I had money, I'd go tonight anyway :) I'll have to see what I'm doing tonight.

6. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Good idea, I don't think that any of our places can fit that many people. Does anyone have suggestions for a restaurant that has a back room?
    I'll throw off the invite to the other boards this weekend, I don't know whether lunch or dinner would be better for those who may be travelling, but it would be good to have some sort of timeline confirmed so we can let toronto/niagara know.
    A thought? Anyone?

7. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Hi Everyone,
    I've thought about it, and it makes sense to me to go for the 12:00 show instead of the 4:30. 12:00 should give time for people to get here from out of town, and this way there will be a lot of time afterwards to hang out, as opposed to people having to go home early. I know that quite a few restaurants close early on Sunday, so this would be better from that angle as well. Since there hasn't been much feedback I'm going ahead and posting tentative plans for 12:00 in Toronto and Niagara, these can be changed if the 4:30 is better.

8. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Ok here is the unnoficial tally from YJN as of right now, just to give you guys a clearer idea of what is going on. We are still debating what time we would prefer but it looks like 12:00 PM showing.

Going:
    Nick
    Graeme
    Laurie
    Eryn
    John
    Chris
    Leigh
    James

Some of us are coming in costume...we hope some of you guys will join us. :D

One of us will be back later to update this.

James

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Costume?

//scratches "Invite Erin to IMAX" off to-do list ;)

10. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    hey now...invite her :p You may be surprised..Steph wanted pics of the parade and even printed them off before we even dated :)

Besides....we could always go to A&P and show a certian someone a pic of someone in imperial garb ;)

11. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I guess I do have something to do on Wednesday then... make a costume or two...

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Besides....we could always go to A&P and show a certian someone a pic of someone in imperial garb

I believe I have the only copy of that photo, and she'll likely only be working there for another few weeks anyway. :p

Besides, how will you know you have the right Erin? If you show it to the brunette that works cash, she'll think you're crazy. :p

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Just look in the seafood dept... where is that anyway? At least the rice drink was placed near the milk. That's the first time I've seen that in a store. Seems logical to me.....

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Seafood is against the back wall, between Meat and Dairy. You guys are threatening me though, so I won't tell you when she's working, or how to get to the food prep room, where she works. :p

I'll introduce you all to her. I promise. Just not at any event that has to do with SW, and preferrably not at work.

Seems logical to me.....

Did you find the produce product placement logical? I made a few changes recently.

15. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    HEHEHEHEHE!!

Getting all pumped up and primed to see you all...Lol how mad will Toronto be...I have been to everyone else's club and still not the one that brought me to fanforce. ;)

16. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I should have the day off, I put in a request for a trade, and there's no reason why it shouldn't go through.

Peter and his little brother are coming with me too, assuming I get sunday off.

17. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Are people going to be heading down to the IMAX together, or are we all just meeting there?

18. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    I just realized I haven't posted that I'm coming. See you all sunday at 12 :)

19. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Awesome!

So uh...what happened to Paul?

20. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Hi Guys,
    A bit of a change of plans if that's alright with everyone. I spoke to Woofer today, and the 4:30 show seems to be easier for the YJN crew. The plan now is to meet at 2pm (location to be posted but it's likely to be my place), and hang out for a couple of hours first before heading to the movie. It seemed that all of us here were okay with either time, so I hope this is alright with everyone!
    Debs

21. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    that's cool with me... If Idon't get sunday off, I still have a chance to make it there.

Edit: I just found out that I DO have sunday off. Yay me!

22. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Hey Guys!!

Looks like you probably have 11 coming from our group, including 2 newbies we are picking up along the way. How's that for trusting eh? They haven't even met us yet, are getting a ride with us to London and then we are bringing them to meet you!?!?!?! [face_laugh]

23. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    [face_devil] Don't forget an oppurtunity to meet the rumoured sock. [face_devil]

24. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I won't be attending.

25. PaulV

PaulV Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    hey guys iam still alive. About sunday i just got back from buying my tickets for the 12:00 show, I'll try to exchange them but I might not be able to. So we will have to see.

Look at my tickets I am at the 12:00 show for sure sorry guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.