main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON IMAX!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SarahSkywalker, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    Great to see you all! Hope to hang out longer next time. Darn having to work early ;)

2. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Jello for me is cheap as I get those 50 cent boxes, what makes yours expensive Janet, do you make it from scratch?

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    She puts apple sauce and something else in it. I forget which.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Nice to meet you all as well!!

Next time you'll have to trek on down here for an event.

Oh, did I say trek? I mean umm.. (think something Star Wars...) oh! Hyperspace on over! Ya, thats it!! :)

Twas fun, and thanks for the hospitality Debbie, wonderful as usual.

Oh speaking of wonderful... my van load was trying to figure out why a street with strip malls, car dealerships and fast food restaurants is called a Wonderland?

5. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

To the members of YJN who joined us today:

Jake here. (The quiet guy with the dyed blonde hair and wannabe Aragorn stubble... ;) )

It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Please don't take my shyness as anything other than exactly that. I know it can seem to some that I want to keep myself separate, but that's not the case at all. It's just that meeting people, especially in large groups where everyone knows each other better than I know any of them....well...it can be overwhelming.

Personally, I prefer to stand back, watch, and understand people when I first meet them. No, not in that 'stalker' sense of the word.... ;)

From what I gather, YJN is another great extension of FanForce, with it's members as polite and friendly as any from the London Rogues.

To YJN: You're a natural leader, and you carry yourself well. I know that the Ontario region is in good hands.

To Woofer: No, I was not embarassed. ;) It was a cool outing, and I did have a lot of fun.

To Flyboy: Wow....you certainly know your sci-fi. :)

To everyone else, I wish I had been able to come out afterwards, but a 12 page report on American Ambulance Drivers in WW1 would not permit me to. *Sigh* The life of a student....

I look forward to seeing you all again soon, and getting to know you all better.

Stay cool, and thanks again for coming to visit us!

6. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I had a FANTASTIC Time guys!

Sorry if I was a little quiet but meeting new people makes me nervous. ;)

Deb is a superb hostess, and the entire club was so freindly that I can't wait until another invitation will be extended.

James

7. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Hi everyone, this is Allison, the girl that was the only Toronto person at the gathering yesterday. :p

I had an awesome time!

Debbie, thank you for your amazing hospitality.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting faces to the names. :) I hope to see you all again sometime at future combined chapter events.

And those Londoners that I already knew, it was really great to see you all again. Thanks for having me! I've got to visit more often.

I just wish I could have stayed longer, but I was subject to the greyhound and TO subway schedules. :(

Take care,
    Allison

8. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    It was great having all of you visit!

And of course thank you Deb for hosting all of us, i know you were worried that we wouldn't fit :)

I had so much fun!

Look forward to seeing you all soon :)

We need more events where we get together more often!

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    It was nice meeting the Niagara people and James. Sorry I couldn't talk with you more. YJN and I had some business to take care of.

10. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    It was nice meeting the Niagara people and James. ?[face_plain]

I am not sure how to take that. Either I was SO memorable that I fit into a category on my own...or...Chris thinks I am not worthy of YJN. :p ;)

AWESOME TIME ALL!!!

P.S. You all must come to Durham when I can get the project going. BTW everyone is invited to any and all our events, when they start. :D So far going to the movies by yourself and calling it a club doesn't seem enough to get your own board on Fanforce. ;)

11. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hi All!
    Thanks for coming yesterday, especially to the out of towners because the distance can be a real pain sometimes! And *everyone* from London was there at one point or another, which was fabulous! Allison, thank you SO much for the costume! Janet, Justin and I sat around dressed up for four hours after everyone had left, so it was a late night.
    As for me, I've learned that I need more spoons! But I'm glad that we all fit!

Debs

12. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Sarah: Jello is expensive if you buy it at Mac's, along with sprite and Applesauce, assuming you can find applesauce there.

I had a lot of fun yesterday, and it was great to meet everyone. I only wish I could have found Deb's place sooner, so that I could have dressed up for the movie.... that would have been fun. oh well, next time. Now i just have to catch up on sleep sometime....

13. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Well considering the lovely blue dress you did wear, you didn't need dress up anymore!

14. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Durham Ontario???

15. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    The blue dress wasn't really dressed up.... that's normal for me.

16. Kazama

Kazama Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    Hihi! Thanx for putting up with us ^_^. I had a great time! Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

///_~
    .. i'd make a longer post but my civics teacher is hawking around the room >_<

17. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I am not sure how to take that. Either I was SO memorable that I fit into a category on my own...or...Chris thinks I am not worthy of YJN.

I thought you were from Toronto.

18. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Lol technically not since I have never been to an event...by that logic I should be included with the YJN group...lol I just say I am from everywhere *Makes eerie ghost noises*

19. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Anyone remember that unnoficial invite for Durham events. Well hopefully we will be going to see X-men 2. I am trying to drum up support for the area and have two friends interested in the group. But I would like to get as many people as possible coming out to this thing. So here are the details.

Thanx,
    James

20. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Where's Durham?

21. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    East end of Toronto.

22. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    ok, no wonder I've never been there. There's a Durham in Bruce County too, and I've been to that one.

23. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    yes sorry...I mean the Durham region...whitby, ajax, pickering, Oshawa and many other areas...

24. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    OH, Durham region. I was thinking "cool, they're doing something near my house".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.