main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Imbalance - Darth Vader/Palpatine/Leia Organa AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RKMeibalane, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Oh oh, what is on his mind? He can't declare the Emperor's death, knowing he is still alive, so what does he wants to anounce?

2. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    Anakin Skywalker stood behind a marble podium, waiting for the final preparations to made for his speech. Ever since the "death" of Palpatine, the citizens of the Empire had been uncertain- uncertain about the new Imperial command structure, the ongoing threat of the Rebellion, and the future of the Empire as a whole. Though he no longer shared Palpatine's ideals, Anakin conceeded that Palpatine had, in a strange way, been a constant in the galaxy. Now that he was gone, it was time to show the people that an era of change was coming.

One of the technicians standing adjacent to the podium signaled to the Jedi Knight that boardcast preparations were complete. Anakin assumed a commanding posture and stepped closer to the podium. Public speaking had never been his strong suit, but Skywalker knew that his speech had to be convincing, both to avoid arousing the suspicions of the general public, and also to make clear his intentions of the Empire's immediate future.

Anakin waited a few seconds longer, and then began to speak. "Citizens of the Empire," he said, "as you are no doubt aware, the events of the past two weeks have greatly changed the complexion of the Galactic Empire. Foremost amungst these events... is the unfortunate death of Emperor Palpatine."

Anakin paused, giving time for those watching via HoloNet to digest the information. Though it had been rumored for several days that the Emperor was dead, Anakin's revelation marked the first official announcment of said ocurrence.

Skywalker continued, "As a result of my Master's death, and the deaths of those who fought bravely during the Battle of Endor, it has been decided that the command structure of the Empire must be re-evaluated and reorganized. This process shall prove to be difficult, and will require the expenditure of considerable resources.

"The Imperial Navy has suffered considerable losses as a result of the conflict at Endor. The fleet must be reconstructed if the threat of the Alliance to Restore the Republic is to be neutralized.

"Furthermore, as to the question of leadership, I have retained control of the Empire for the immediate future. I do not, however, desire a career as a politican. In time, the Empire shall fall under the care of one more capable of providing the leadership that this government requires. For the time being, however, I will make any and all necessary changes to ensure the saftey and well-being of the Empire's citizens.

"As my first act as the First Minister of the Empire, I must inform you that I have requested a change of location for the day-to-day operations of the Empire. Although the Imperial Palace shall remain intact, it has been decided that I, and those with whom I serve, shall transfer our flag... to the Jedi Temple, effective immediately.

"Thankyou for your patience and cooperation during this most difficult time. I bid you good evening. May the Force be with you."

3. RKMeibalane

Sep 20, 2002
    Far from Coruscant, on the core world of Byss, an ebony-robed figure regarded Anakin's speech with great interest. Upon the conclusion of the HoloNet broadcast, the figure gestured to an aide standing near by.

A few moments later, a young woman with firey red hair entered the dimly-lit room and bowed before robed individual. Rising slowly to her feet, Mara Jade spoke, "What is thy bidding, my Master."

"Young Jade," said the former Galactic Emperor Palpatine, "I trust that you have just observed the HoloNet broadcast?"

"I have, your excellency. What are you wishes?"

"Not long ago, I ordered you to eliminate Luke Skywalker, in part because Lord Vader had failed to do so. I now ask that you dispose of Vader, as well. He has taken advantage of my absence, and can no longer be trusted. Kill him."

"It will be as you wish, Master."

With that, Jade departed, leaving Palpatine along with his dark, twisted thoughts. The former Emperor laughed, his malevloent cackle filing every corner of his spacious living quarters.

The doors of what had once been the chambers of the Jedi Council opened to reveal the form of Anakin Skywalker. Based on his outward appearance, the large man was still Darth Vader. But, as many had often said, one's appearance did not matter. It was what a man had in his heart that was important. Anakin was the perfect illustration of this principle, for though he still wore the feared armor of a Dark Lord of the Sith, he was once again a Jedi Knight, and for him, the Jedi Temple would always be his home.

Anakin stepped into the large chamber, and took a moment to refamiliarize himself his surroundings. Everything was as it had once been. Miraculously, the Council chamber had not been damaged when Palpatine's forces had attacked the Temple. The chairs belonging to those who had once served on the Council were in the exact places they had been when the Council had last been in session more than twenty three years ago.

As Skywalker gazed around the room, the names of the Council members came back to him- Ki Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Mace Windu. Many had, in fact, fallen to his blade when he had first become Darth Vader. But Anakin did not dwell on the Order's demise. Instead he remembered the values the Order represented- peace, leadership, and compassion.

The Jedi Knights had served the galaxy for more than a thousand generations, protecting the ideals and interests of the Old Republic. If the current galaxy was recover from Palpatine's reign... and survive his eventual reappreance, Anakin knew that those values had to once again become an important part of society. A governement that ruled without wisdom and compassion was no government at all, he realized. Thinking about it now, Anakin concluded that the Empire would have eventually fallen, even without Palpatine's dissapperance. The people obeyed him not out of respect, but out of fear.

"Lord Vader."

Setting his thoughts aside for the moment, Anakin turned to regard the officer who had approached him, a tall woman with dark brown hair. The lieutenant was, in fact, one of the few females who had served the Empire under Palpatine's rule. Yet one more change that must be made Anakin thought to himself.

Now facing the young woman, Anakin responded, "Yes, lieutenant?"

"I have ordered repair crews to being work immediately. Do you have any additional instructions."

"One level below this location, you will find a series of living quarters. Convert one of them into an office, which I shall use."

"Yes, my lord. Was there anything else?"

"I require nothing further. You are dismissed."

The woman nodded, turning on her heel to leave. Anakin watched her for a moment, and then turned to stare out a nearby viewport. The changes needed to re-shape the Empire would take several years to bring about, but the Jedi resolved to see the process through. Two decades ago, Anakin had helped Palpatine tear down the Republic. It was only right that Skywalker now helped to rebuild it.

4. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Anakin ruling from the Jedi temple. Ain't that a sweet thought! Kill Palpy-clone! Kill Mara! :D

5. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    I always thought that it would have been better if ther Jedi Council had standed above the Republic Senat not below them.

How do the people react to the anouncement that the ruling body of the Empire moves from (in their eyes) prfectly fine Palace to the Jedi Temple which still lays in ruins?

6. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I'm glad that Leia will be trained as a Jedi or at least she's thinking about it.
    And trained by a female Jedi is soo cool.
    It's good Anakin is back at the Jedi temple too.

7. RKMeibalane

Sep 20, 2002
    A small Alliance shuttle carrying but one passenger completed its descent and landed softly on the isolated Outer Rim world of Drenba II. Leia Organa exited the small craft and slowly took in her new surroundings.

She was on desert planet, not unlike the world of Tatooine. The sun beat down upon the planet's red sand, giving the gound a srange appearance. Leia thought it was almost as if the ground would suddenly catch fire under the sun's unwavering gaze.

Leia adjusted the beige, sleveless tunic she was wearing and started towards the nearest populated area. Because of the planet's harsh climate, landing closer to her destination would have made sense, but Leia had done research on planet before arriving. The native civilizations were primitive, and probably would not react well to the sight of a shuttle craft. Furthermore, the reason Aayla Secura was hiding here in the first place was because of the threat of the Empire. The last thing Leia wanted was to arouse her suspicions by making an auspicious arrival.

As she walked on, Leia began to think about her training. What would the Jedi ask of her? Luke hadn't said much about his training with Yoda or General Kenobi, but from she pieced together, Leia knew that it would not be an easy endeavor. She vaguely remembered learning in school that most Jedi spent years training before reaching Knighthood. Leia didn't have that much time, which made her task all the more difficult.

After walking for what seemed like an eternity, Leia came to what appeared to be a small hut. Setting down a bag she carried, Leia knocked on the door. After a few moments, the door opened, revealing a tall woman with blue skin and a firm, but warm smile on her face.

"Hello," Leia said. "I'm looking for someone named Aayla Secura."

"You're in luck, young one," the woman replied. "You have found her."

Aayla stepped aside, allowing Leia to enter her home. The hut was comprised of three rooms and a 'fresher. Leia set down her bag and turned to her host.

"If it's all right with you, I would like to rest now. I've had a long day."

"I'm afraid I can't permit that, young one. We do not have much time. Your training must begin... immediately."

8. RKMeibalane

Sep 20, 2002
    Paperwork was not something Anakin enjoyed doing. But, as the First Minister of the Empire, he knew that paperwork came with the territory. And so, the Jedi Knight sat in his newly-furnished office, pouring over the Empire's latest intelligence reports.

During his time as Palpatine's right-hand, Skywalker had not had the opportunity to review most of the intelligence information gathered by the Imperial spy network. Most of that material had been witheld from him by his Master, as a means of preventing him from gaining too much knowledge and power. Today, however, there was no Emperor to prevent him from reviewing even the most important of documents, and though he disdained simply sitting behind a desk, Anakin gained some measure of personal satisfaction in finally being able to have the freedom he desired.

Anakin set aside a report detailing the latest events on the desolate world of Geonosis. That world, as he recalled, had been the place where he and Obi-Wan had confronted and been defeated by Count Dooku in the battle that began the Clone Wars. Turning to face a nearby computer console, Anakin reached his right hand toward its keyboard in order to pull up a data chart... and then he froze.

Anakin suddenly became aware of a tingling sensation at the base of his spine, a sensation that recognized as the Force prodding him about a source of danger. The Jedi warrior slowly rose to his feet, his hand moving towards the metallic hilt of his lightsaber. He stepped out from behind his desk and started towards the office door. Just as he reached the enterance, Anakin found his path blocked... by the sleek figure of Mara Jade, the Emperor's Hand.

Jade offered him a feral smile as she drew her lightsaber. Igniting the crimson blade, Jade moved into an attack stance. "Good evening, Lord Vader," she said. "I was hoping I would catch you before you left the office."

Drawing his own weapon, Anakin took up a classic defensive position. "I do not take kindly to uninvited guests, Mara Jade. Though in your case, I am willing to make an exception."

"I was hoping you'd say that," Jade countered. With that, the attractive young woman lept at her former Imperial rival, making a quick move with her 'saber as she landed.

Anakin blocked the move with ease, stepping back in order to give himself room to manuever. Jade possessed a great deal of raw talent, and she had been well-trained by Palpatine, but she lacked Skywalker's experience in combat. He did not expect this duel to be a lengthy one.

Undaunted by her inability to penetrate Anakin's defenses, Jade moved toward her attacker again, swinging her blade in a high, counter-clockwise arc aimed at his left shoulder. Skywalker side-stepped the blade and countered with a quick move of his own. His blue blade narrowly missed Jade's waist, forcing her to roll away from him.

Anakin pressed his advantage. As Mara climbed to her feet, he swing his blade in a downward arc. She blocked the strike, but barely. Anakin continued on the offensive. Up, down, right, left, right again, down again he struck. Mara continued her retreat, this time moving towards his desk. Suddenly, the young woman stepped away from Anakin. She brought her saber above her right shoulder... and threw it across the room.

The average person would have been impaled by the crimson blade as it flew across the office, but Anakin Skywalker was not the average person. Raising his left hand, Anakin not only deactivated the blade, but he managed to catch it out of the air as well. Taking a moment to study the design of its hilt, he realized with a start that the weapon had once belonged to Darth Vader. Reactivation the blade, Anakin brought his other lightsaber up as well, crossing the blades to form a scissor-like apparatus. He moved slowly towards Palpatine's assassin.

Mara Jade knew that her life was over. Darth Vader was notorious for brutally murdering any and all who opposed him. He had decmiated ranks of the Jedi Order one Knight at a time, and then had nearly done the same to the members of

9. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Perhaps he should have kept her,convince her of the light.
    Anyway, what was old Palpy thinking sending Jade up against Anakin? He must have known that she couldn't stand a chance as long as Anakin is at least half well.

10. RKMeibalane

Sep 20, 2002
  11. RKMeibalane

Sep 20, 2002
    Leia wiped the presiration off her brow and continued running. Every morning since she had arrived on Drenba was the same- she woke before sunrise and began her exercises. This morning, she had chosen to run back and forth between her Master's hut and the village square of Drenba's capital, Karan. A one-way trip took just under twenty minutes. Leia had already made five complete runs from hut to square and back again.

Leia slowed as she came to the square again, once again taking note of the various monuments and decorative structures that were scattered throughout the area. This village, simply though it was, reminded her of a place she had visited on Alderaan as a child. Her birth mother had...

Leia caught herself again and cursed silently. Master Secura had spoken with her several times about allowing her conflicted feelings about her family to cloud her judgement. Just two days earlier, Leia had received a stern lecture after lashing out with her newly-constructed lightsaber. She had, in anger, sliced a primitive training droid into pieces. When asked about her loss of control, Leia had sarcastically replied that she was "following in her father's footsteps." Aayla had simply glared at her, not at all amused by the twisted attempt at being humorous.

Realizing that her Master would be awake by now, Leia turned to head back to the hut. Later today, she was to help Master Secura tend to the ill children who lived in and around Karan. This was something many Jedi had done in the past, and Leia's Master was no exception to the rule. She had, in fact, told Leia many times that the true reason for the fall of the Jedi Order was not Palpatine's manipulations, but their own failure to show compassion for those who were suffering. In Aayla's view, it was not surprising that the galaxy had turned its back on the Jedi. After all, hadn't they done the same?

Palpatine was not amused. Not only had Mara Jade failed in her attempt to kill Skywalker, but the Jedi had the audacity to issue the former Emperor a challenge. The Sith Lord snarled through clenched teeth. Anakin's brashness only made him wish he had disposed of him long ago. Although he remembered feeling differently, Palpatine now regretted every having made Darth Vader. The man just could not decide which side he wanted to be on, and that indecision was going to cost him dearly. If I cannot get to Skywalker, then I will take my revenge upon by hurting someone important to him.

Palpatine pressed a button located on one of the arms of his throne, signaling for his personal legion of elite troops, the Royal Guard. Skywalker isn't aware that I know of his daughter's existence. Leia Organa will pay for her father's foolishness, one way or another. Perhaps she would be willing to become my apprentice. That thought brought a horrid smile to Palpatine's wasted face. He would have his way with the Skywalkers, whatever the cost.

12. RKMeibalane

Sep 20, 2002
  13. RKMeibalane

Sep 20, 2002
    Anakin's life had changed a great deal over the course of the past few weeks. But the agenda for this particular day was more similar to those he had experienced during his time as a Dark Lord of the Sith. Anakin now stood on the bridge of the ISD Avenger, as the large battle cruiser hurtled through hyper-space towards its destination, a middle-rim planet known as Ordash.

Ordash was, in many respects, not must different from Coruscant. It featured the same types of far-reaching skyscrapers and metropolitan areas that the Imperial Capital was famous for. The two worlds shared many other attributes as well, including a dangerous and volitile underground.

Anakin had seldom journied to the depths of Coruscant. His last trip there had been shortly before the Clone Wars, when he and Obi-Wan had pursued a dangerous, shape-shifting assassin. But the Jedi was not naive as to the problems that this part of Coruscant possessed. Illegal drugs, gambling, and various other improper activities were common in the underground of Coruscant.

The underworld of Ordash had similar problems, though the ramifications were much more serious. Drugs and money were not being exchanged on Ordash. No, this planet's people had found more valuable... and dangerous comodities to trade- biogenic weapons. This was the reason Anakin was en route to Ordash. For too long, the criminals of the galaxy had had the freedom to conduct their various activities without fear of punishment. Skywalker wanted to see to it that this was no longer the case.

Sensing a presence nearby, Anakin turned away from the viewport. Grand Admiral Thrawn, the new commander of the Imperial Fleet, stood waiting.

"Yes, Admiral?"

"Your shuttle has been prepared, my lord. We will reach Ordash in just under two hours."

"Very well. I shall depart for the surface upon our arrival. You will accompany me, Admiral."

"Of course, sir."

With that, the Fleet Admiral returned to his duties. Anakin turned his attention back to the viewport as he eagerly anticipated his arrival at Ordash. This shall be a day long remembered he thought to himself. This marks the day that true justice and law-enforcement returned to the galaxy.

14. Cat_Orange

Cat_Orange Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 18, 2002
    Wow! Double bonus posts.. awesome :D

Totally greatly awesome story you have here! Please continue!

15. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    So Thrawn is in the game now, which side is he really on is the question here.

It is good to see that Anakin is going against the real criminals now.
    About time that someone does I dear say.

16. RKMeibalane

Sep 20, 2002
  17. RKMeibalane

Sep 20, 2002
  18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I can't believe that I missed this one. I couldn't stop reading it. I hope you continue soon. :)

19. RKMeibalane

Sep 20, 2002
    "Good, Leia. You're doing exceptionally well."

Aayla Secura smiled at her Padawan Learner, as the Jedi-in-training gently set a large boulder down next to her hut. Levitating objects was never Aayla's strongsuit, but she knew that one who was extremely strong in the Force, as Leia was, would have the ability to do so easily. It was only a matter of instilling within the student the proper amount of disclipine and concentration.

Leia returned her Master's smile, and turned to lift another large stone, but Aayla held up her hand. "That's enough for today, young one," she said. "We will continue your exercises tomorrow." Aayla turned and entered the hut, with Leia following close behind.

The Twi'Lek tended to a meal she had been preparing. Leia sat down at a small table. After a few moments, Aayla brought over a large pot of... stew, for lack of better term. Leia wasn't quite sure what was being served. Stew seemed to be the most appropriate term to describe. Leia removed a few spoonfulls of food from the pot and waited for her Master to take her own seat opposite Leia at the table.

The two Force-users ate in silence for several minutes, until the silence was broken by Aayla, who posed a most unexpected question to her student.

"Leia, how well do you know your father?"

Leia scowled at the mention of her only living blood-relative. The thought that she and Darth Vader shared the same ancestory had nearly made her sick to her stomach on several occasions. Other times, her conflicted feelings about her heritage had drawn out her sarcasm, such as the day when she had remarked that she was trying to use her anger as Vader had. Finally, Leia spoke.

"I'm not sure how to answer that, Master. But if this helps, I had... the distinction of having dealt with him on several occasions, mostly during my time as a politician. I saw him several other times after I joined the Rebellion."

Aayla nodded. "Yes, Master Yoda explained to me that the two of you have a long history."

"You mean he's done that to you?"

Secura nodded again. "Jedi who are strong in the Force can, at times, retain their identity after death and interact with the relam of the living. Yoda was able to do this, and so, he has appeared to me before several times. It is because of Yoda that I am aware of certain... developments occuring elsewhere in the galaxy."

"And that's how you learned about me?"

Aayla swallowed the food she had been eating and answered, "Not entirely. I remember seeing you shortly after your birth. Obi-Wan knew that if your father were to learn of your existence, it would only mean grave danger for both you and your brother. That is why he took Luke to Tatooine, and you to Senator Organa."

"I don't mean to be disrespectful, Master, but where are you going with this?"

"Your father nearly destroyed the Jedi after he turned. Now, he seeks to rebuild the Order, to atone for his mistakes. But the path he walks is a dangerous one. His ties to the Empire have enabled him to begin changing the galaxy for the better, but as the acting leader of the Empire, his position is covetted by many. If he is to rebuild the Order, he will need help, your help, Leia."

20. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I bet that's the last thing Leia wants to hear.
    Love the post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.