main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC IMDb for Hollywood/Celebrity/Famous sexual predators

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I know no one really cares and it was already too obvious. But if they had just stopped at politically convenient selective readings, or even just private hypocrisies, I might have continued to stomach things. Even if they'd wanted to keep supporting him, people that are less belligerent about their claims to morality were circumspect enough to simply question the victims' credibility.

But they instead decided to pervert an entire religion by claiming child molestation as some sort of positive good. That, in pursuit of a Senate seat that they would at worst lose temporarily, and at best hold in a Congress that's so dysfunctional they couldn't pass any legislation with it anyway. If anyone has any doubt, they neither deserve the term fundamentalist, nor even Christian. Really the only thing that can be said about these people is that they are a power hungry pack of bigots, pettily nursing a bunch of cultural resentments. Their complete lack of principle is beyond embarrassment and outrage both.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It's tantamount to displaying an avatar of an avowed rapist for months on end

Darth_Invidious and SuperWatto like this.
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Is that worse than then having an avatar of a pedophile for months?

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh, Christianity has been perverted by the right for a really long time now. The only thing that's changed is that now the fig leaf has dropped and it's out in the open for all to see. The only question now is whether people continue to accept this perversion or not, and my money is on the former.

5. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    If Scientology can't protect John Travolta from men alleging sexual harassment against him, can Tom Cruise be far behind? [Archer]Wait, I had something for this[/Archer]

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    For 6 months, Scientology would not stop e-mailing me because I took a personality test. A lovely lady kept sending lovely e-mails, asking me to join.

7. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Miss Piggy.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Speaking of that, Gonzo was a real piece of **** when it came to those chickens.

9. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
  10. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    ^^^^^^^

Yet he is commercially quite acceptable right now being re-signed for The Voice Australia?

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    He tied up a rent boy he had been seeing because he thought he had been stealing from him, and they were both high as kites. I don't think that's the same as the predatory non-consensual sex, sexual assault , sexual harassment or abuse of position and trust that's being talked about.

12. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Yeah,if he hires a rent boy and commits deprivation of liberty whilst using illicit drugs it makes him a stand up guy and role model.

Iron_lord and yankee8255 like this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh now, come on come on come on come on come on come on Rebado.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    You come and go, you come and go
    (Unless you're a thieving rentboy)

Master_Rebado and Diggy like this.
  15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Lovin' would be easy if Rebado was like Darth Punk

16. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    The good thing is one can keep all of George Alan O'Dowd's albums without feeling any torrid disgrace.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    the one that always amazes me is Mike Tyson . I mean he was done for rape , and yet there he is in The Hangover and they treat him like he's a cool dude due a comeback in a comedy movie .

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I think it actually sort of like Martha Stewart and RDJ. All of those people went to jail... they served time for crimes committed, and then (because we're supposed to rehabilitate people in jail) went back to work after getting out...

DarthIntegral likes this.
  19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't think anyone pretends Tyson has been rehabilitated, he's a freak show and is used as one.

Plus there was this, well after he was released.

"Are you talking out of turn? I normally don't do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn't talk anymore...unless you wanna, you know..."

He actually said that to a woman reporter, in a public press event, on video.

20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Mike Tyson is one of the very few that I really can't separate the man from the work. There's something really disturbing about him. The way he talks, the weird look in his eye, the rage that seems to be simmering just below the surface in even his calmest moments. It genuinely makes me sick to look at him. There's something very, very wrong with that man. Things like The Mike Tyson Mysteries are baffling to me. He makes me shudder. I can't imagine anyone getting any enjoyment of watching him do anything.

Again, I think these things are often very personal. Someone else might feel the same way about Spacey as I do about Tyson while I can imagine watching Spacey movies again without a huge problem. Maybe part of it is that Tyson always just seems to be himself; there's nothing really performative to his "art."

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Well, at least that tells you that there are sane people in our society who don't believe in Double Jeopardy.

As far as the man's work is concerned, he did get stripped of his boxing license for a year for biting someone's ear off.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    John Travolta.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  23. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Does it? I think you've mistaken my post for a reference for George's character. I was just wondering what George's conviction eight years ago means in the context of current revelations of hushed up, almost institutionalized abuse within and possibly because of the industry.

I'll play the game if it's just about forelock tugging though.

How many people still enjoy the Ronettes, the Crystals and the Righteous Brothers records , plus of course, all the great Christmas music which is being pumped out all over the place as we speak? Does that wonderful music and the talents of all the people that were gathered to make it and record for posterity suffer from the fact that an innocent woman got blown away by the guy that made those records happen?

24. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Would I be mistaken to see that as facetious?

I did not mistake that you were defending George's character at all though I absolutey question his character in engaging a sex worker,his subsequent actions are proven as criminal and that surely speaks volumes to his character.

The context of the mention of Boy George's criminal matter being raised by someone else I inferred was to the idea of keeping or having music material of his in comparison to Michael Jackson etc.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

You better watch your ass in the gym at 2:00am.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.